applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

sleeve size change? Empty
PostSubject: Re: sleeve size change?   sleeve size change? EmptySun 17 May 2009, 11:46 am

18 months out my tiny tummy has gotten no bigger. Like everybody some days you can eat a tad more but bang back to nothing the next day. I find food digests a lot easier now so you can graze a hell of a lot more if you want. But still if I have 2 slices of toast for breakfast there is no way I can fit in morning tea 2-3 hours later. 1 slice of toast for breakfast and I can split a muffin with my sister for morning tea when shopping. so I MAKE myself eat the second slice of toast *LOL* well did when I saw how many calories are in a muffin hehehe

applesauce
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: sleeve size change?   sleeve size change? EmptySun 17 May 2009, 8:34 am

Me two i thought i was just weird but the same happens to be on mothers say i ate so much more than i usually do and my family noticee i was eating a fair bit more than usual and they were saying are you ok watch out dont make yourself sick and i wasnt sick or anything then the next couple of days i could hardly get down a couple of spoonfuls before i was feeling very full and a bit nausated i usually have this happen about once a fortnite sometimes it can be a bit more but it is weird. I have a family friend who i saw for the first time in a couple of years who has had the band and she said she cant eat a say a pkt of tim tams at one sitting if she just kept eating but if she had say 2 waited awhile and then tried to have another she cant anyhow its nice to know its not only me

Cheers Sue sleeve size change? 63412
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sleeve size change?   sleeve size change? EmptySat 16 May 2009, 3:01 am

oh good to know others are the same. I have days when I think I stretched it cause I can eat more and also am hungry more, tummy grumbling. then i have the shrinkage as I posted below.

Chook, I am the same, days I dont eat anything till late afternoon it is actually harder.

I dont do breakfast, well raely, once every couple of weeks. I am not a morning person. I can manage a coffee and thats it. I've always been like that.
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: sleeve size change?   sleeve size change? EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 8:26 pm

Hey all,

my stomach certainly seems to shrink quite quickly to.
if i am late having lunch i have to go very slowly for a few mouthfuls and then wait for that to go down before finishing... no more gutsing down a skipped meal!!

it is comforting tho, as sometimes i do worry that belly has got bigger. at a party last weekend, i was sipping more water than usual for that time of night before pizzas arrived. i ate two slices of thin crust and then had two prawns and a bit of stuffed potatoe. thought OMG i have eaten so much! next morning came and i still had trouble finishing breakfast so all was good again.

like Chris i usually start my day very early with a cup of tea. i go back for a second one (don't usually finish it) about 7ish and take all my vitamins and such. then between 8- 9am when house is finally empty i have a poached egg on toast. a gentle start for my belly as i had done a fair bit of vomiting the first two months.
i always have a protein shake in pantry in case i have to be anywhere early as it is easy to drink while driving.
breakfast for the first four weeks post op was always half a cup of NF milk nuked with a shot of caffeine. the milk made pills much easier to take in the early stages.

cheers
tracey
Back to top Go down
sophia
Part of the furniture
sophia

Female
Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2008-12-10

PostSubject: Re: sleeve size change?   sleeve size change? EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 11:20 am

Hi Rice, all,
I definately agree that some days I can eat a LOT LOT more than others - "almost" normal, then other days I fill very quickly.

I don't know that there is any ryme or reason to it!!!! I don't do a lot of exercise (except incidental), so that doesn't influence it.
Sophia
Back to top Go down
chook00
Part of the furniture
chook00

Female
Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: sleeve size change?   sleeve size change? EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 7:46 am

I have just come to this conclusion too...It seems the less I eat the less I can eat. Bit hard to explain, on a really busy day when there is no time to stop until late in the avo (with no lunch) when I finally eat - I can hardly fit in anything. So the stomach must shrink quite quickly.
I guess the is quite a good mechanism to assist in keeping the stomach small and only being able to eat smaller amounts.
Well thats my take on it any way!
Cheers Chook
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: sleeve size change?   sleeve size change? EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 6:43 am

Well, I always start off with a hot cuppa anyway, so maybe that's why. Also, because I'm up very early due to lack of sleep, and I don't eat when I first get up, that probably helps too.
As for the meds - some people don't find a problem taking them at all, but I did. I actually couldn't swallow pills for ages, and had to work around it by dissolving some that could be done that way, and having a holiday from others that wouldn't do me any harm missing for a short time.
Hope this helps.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: sleeve size change?   sleeve size change? EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 6:12 am

I found exactly the same thing with the band. Some days I could eat more than others.

And getting going in the morning could be rough too. A hot cup of something before I ate made a world of difference. Kind of like warming the stomach up.

I thought I would do this post sleeve. Have my meds with a hot drink first thing in the morning and then wait the 30 minutes to have something to eat, well when I'm further along anyway. Is this what you all do? Or is there a better way? The Nut suggested I split my meds up and take them in intervals but I'm a bit concerned I'll forget some of them if I don't take them all at once.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: sleeve size change?   sleeve size change? EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 5:00 am

Yes, I notice that my stomach is different every day, too.
Some days I can eat more than I usually do, but others I can't even fit in the usual amount.
My doc told me that I wouldn't want breakfast any more until mid morning (he was wrong!), but apparently it's usually for the tiny tummy to be tighter in the morning, and relax a little more during the day. Other than that, I don't know of any reason for the change, but my doc just advised me to "go with the flow". I try to do that, but sometimes I must admit that I feel a little cheated when I can't get that last small mouthful in! LOL
Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sleeve size change?   sleeve size change? EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 4:48 am

Deb wrote:
I don't really know Ricecake but I know what you are getting at. It seems some days you get a full feeling after a few spoonfuls. Other days I still feel relatively piggy in my eating.

yeah, kind of like that, thats what I mean. I couldn't explain it properly.
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: sleeve size change?   sleeve size change? EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 4:30 am

I don't really know Ricecake but I know what you are getting at. It seems some days you get a full feeling after a few spoonfuls. Other days I still feel relatively piggy in my eating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: sleeve size change?   sleeve size change? EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 4:26 am

Hey,
I couldn't work out a decent subject heading so anyway, I was wondering some days I hardly eat anything, like yesterday, i had 2 bowls of soup and a piece of bread. Other days I will eat more, like denser food, sandwhich, meat and veges ect. Now, I noticed something. The days I dont eat much the next day my tummy seems to take a while to adjust back to what I can normally tolerate. Like today, I struggled to have half a cup of coffee in the morning yet normally i can have one cup fairly easily. Monday I was good and had 3 meals and a few snacks and then as the week has gone on have been eating less to the point I didn't feel like much yesterdy, hence the soup.

So, my question is, does the sleeve shrink and stretch depending on amount and type of food you have eaten the previous day/days?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sleeve size change?   sleeve size change? Empty

Back to top Go down

sleeve size change?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: