Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Graceful

Female
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2014-02-15

3.5 weeks away from surgery :s (perth) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3.5 weeks away from surgery :s (perth)   3.5 weeks away from surgery :s (perth) EmptyTue 27 May 2014, 12:46 pm

Hi Riti, congratulations on your decision. I have found it to be a new lease on life already and I'm only halfway to my goal. I had a minimiser band. It's new technology and looks like a cable tie across the middle of the stomach so it's different to the lap band. Maybe do a search because a couple of the threads have discussed them.

I don't think I feel it. I can eat most foods and between 1/2-3/4 cup at a time. I get mild reflux but it seems to be a symptom of the surgery rather than the band. I have never vomited. I do have a definite limit on how much volume my tummy can cope with and have only pushed the limit a couple of times (and cracked the serious sweats and felt awful). Lesson learned!

There are a couple of threads under long-term sleevers section about long-term weight regain and stretched stomach issues after a few years. I agreed to it to avoid the potential future weight issues and additional procedures. There is not much research about outcomes.
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: 3.5 weeks away from surgery :s (perth)   3.5 weeks away from surgery :s (perth) EmptyTue 27 May 2014, 6:20 am

First off congrats at decided to head any further weight gains by having the op.  Second this will be a cake walk compared to a cesarean my last baby was one and I psyched myself up for it to be the same level of pain I was up the same night and walking the halls the next morning.  The drip is only there to deliver the anesthetic and pain meds once you are fully Ok they take it out.  I am not good in hospital either but i found it so much easier then anything my mind had set me up for.

The band has been used for a while on some bypass patients so i suppose they may be looking at adding it to people with sleeves.  The lady in my room when I had my op she had bypass and got one the Dr thought she may not be able to control her eating long term she was an ex band patient.  I think this kind of thing could be added later if necessary hopefully someone else may know more about it and answer your question about having it straight up.

Good luck and you will be fine.
Back to top Go down
riti
riti

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2014-05-25

PostSubject: 3.5 weeks away from surgery :s (perth)   3.5 weeks away from surgery :s (perth) EmptyMon 26 May 2014, 5:03 pm

Hi everyone,
i stumbled across this site yesterday looking for hints in the lead up to surgery, and im glad i did!
Im booked in for surgery on 18th June and very nervous. Im positive about the results and as a female  in my late 20s with a young daughter, i realised i needed to take action sooner rather than later to get my health back on track, as it seemed to be on a drastic slide since having a child.

luckily (in this circumstance) that id had an emergency csection with my daughter, which was my first ever surgery and i think that made this decision easier because i know that ill be ok afterwards and that the body heals. But i am petrified of needles and anything foreign in my body - hence why the band was NEVER an option. even the idea that ill be on a drip makes me scared.
Can anyone reassure me that its ok????
Arse
also, my surgeon has talked about a newish band that they are starting to put on when people have the sleeve. its a little like the gastric band, but permanent and a bit looser, but is meant to help prevent later weight gain and the stomach restretching as it limits the intake of food. has anyone had this? what was your experience with it as i need to let my surgeon know if i want to go ahead with this too

:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3.5 weeks away from surgery :s (perth)   3.5 weeks away from surgery :s (perth) Empty

Back to top Go down

3.5 weeks away from surgery :s (perth)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: