AuthorMessage
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Using super when have money in the bank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using super when have money in the bank   Using super when have money in the bank EmptyWed 14 May 2014, 5:42 am

Hiya Beth,

Welcome to the Forum.

You absolutely will be denied your Super if you have cash in the bank. They do expect you to pay out of any "savings" you may have.
You must show on the DHS forms that you spend all or more than you earn on living expenses. 

If you are unable to get your paperwork in before you receive the redundancy payment you could always withdraw the payment in a cheque and stash it at home till your super comes through then redeposit your money back in to the bank.

Hope this helps,
Tara
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Using super when have money in the bank   Using super when have money in the bank EmptyWed 14 May 2014, 5:10 am

Agree with Vikki, get the paperwork moving before the redundancy comes through. If you have cash in the bank, they will most likely tell you to use that instead.
Back to top Go down
Vikki28
Part of the furniture
Vikki28

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2013-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Using super when have money in the bank   Using super when have money in the bank EmptyWed 14 May 2014, 3:48 am

Hi Bethieb,

I haven't applied for super to pay for surgery, but I would imagine that if you were to apply for it now while you don't have any payout then they wouldn't know about it? There is a topic on the forum called 'paying for your surgery' and in there you'll find a heading called 'accessing your super' if you go there and post your question I'm sure that you'll get some answers. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
bethieb

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-05-14

PostSubject: Using super when have money in the bank   Using super when have money in the bank EmptyWed 14 May 2014, 3:40 am

Using super when have money in the bank 697586  I have been considering weightloss surgery for some time but kept putting off either upping my medical coverage or saving up till later. I have now found out that in the next couple of months my job will be redundant, due to my weight I know that I will have difficulty in getting a new job as I am somewhat limited to what I can physically do. 
I am hoping to be able to release my super to pay for the surgery however I will receive a redundancy package when my work finishes and am worried I would be knocked back and expected to use the money which I am going to be reliant on using for living expenses whilst I am out of work so don't want to blow it on this.. 
Has anyone out there had any experience with this type of thing?
Would really appreciate any feedback or tips you could share!!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using super when have money in the bank   Using super when have money in the bank Empty

Back to top Go down

Using super when have money in the bank
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Accessing your Superannuation-
Jump to: