Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nightowl

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2013-11-10

16 days post op, so confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16 days post op, so confused   16 days post op, so confused EmptyWed 21 May 2014, 10:15 pm

I'm 8 weeks post-op and still find more than 2 mouthfuls at once of water doesn't seem to drain down, I get an indigestion feeling and burp. My dietitian said it's something to do with the surface tension of plain water. Try adding something to water like a bit of cordial or juice to change the surface tension, see if that helps.
Back to top Go down
Free Radical

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2014-05-13

PostSubject: Re: 16 days post op, so confused   16 days post op, so confused EmptyWed 21 May 2014, 3:58 pm

This is interesting to me, I'm only 7 days done and learning to stand. I've been blending up soups of all sorts of flavours for 1 or 2 of my main meals, Thai prawn tonight, minestrone yesterday, goes down no probs at all, coffee no probs, week black tea no probs, but room temperature water is like someone put the plug in. It just air locks and hurts, even the tiniest of sips. Why?
Back to top Go down
MrMick
Part of the furniture
MrMick

Male
Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2014-03-07

PostSubject: Re: 16 days post op, so confused   16 days post op, so confused EmptyThu 08 May 2014, 5:33 am

Hi MissyMarti77,

16 days post op, my dietitian says never eat more than half a cup even if you can and that should be paced over half an hour .

Sip sip sip  keep your fluids up- still doing this 28 days out, gulping no way

Hiccups - all the time :) but I can put up with that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lawnmowingbrisbane.com

PostSubject: Re: 16 days post op, so confused   16 days post op, so confused EmptyThu 08 May 2014, 5:08 am

It all sounds very normal and......no gulping. Still little sips. I promise...it does get better. Every week will be better than the one before and you will learn what your new stomach signals mean. I've just gone 5 months post op and can now drink just about normally, have to be a little careful or I accidentally take too large a mouthful and it feels bad.

You are not alone, there are heaps of supportive people here.
Back to top Go down
MissyMarti77

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-04-27

PostSubject: 16 days post op, so confused   16 days post op, so confused EmptyThu 08 May 2014, 4:21 am

Can anyone assist?

How much should I be able to eat or drink at 16 days post op?
Should I still feel restriction early, and end up with hiccups? (this happens almost every time I eat).
Should I still be sipping or should I be able to gulp drinks by now?

I am so confused and feel like whenever I ask the post op nurse or dietitian anything, I am bothering them :(
I feel really alone in all of this and don't know if I'm doing the right things or not. I vomited twice this week, and I think it was either because I ate too much or too fast.

Any answers would be really helpful xxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 16 days post op, so confused   16 days post op, so confused Empty

Back to top Go down

16 days post op, so confused
Page 1 of 1