2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

Fitbit vs Jawbone Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitbit vs Jawbone Up   Fitbit vs Jawbone Up EmptySun 27 Apr 2014, 8:04 am

Wendy, thanks so much for that link!

I've gone with my gut(!) and am currently waiting on my Up 24 to charge. The third party apps that it integrates with has improved, and it works with the two I use the most, which is My Fitness Pal and Map My Walk.

So as soon as it's charged and I've configured everything, I'm taking it for a walk!
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Fitbit vs Jawbone Up   Fitbit vs Jawbone Up EmptySun 27 Apr 2014, 12:07 am

Hey Wenchiepoo,

Here is an exert from the Choice website review of these gadgets (I'm a member).  Hope it helps - I've never even heard of any of them, lol.

Cheers,
Wendy :) x x x 

Which one should I get?
It really comes down to comfort, usability and functionality. Here’s a checklist of what to look for before you make your choice:

1. Does it have a display? The instant gratification of seeing how far you’ve travelled can be motivational.

2. How bulky is it? For those who are used to wearing slim watch bands, a bulky gadget can take some getting used to.

3. How much do you want it to track? The more complex and feature-rich the gadget, the more effort required to keep it up-to-date.

4. Are the goals sustainable in the long term? If it requires constant ramping up of your effort or commitment, you can lose motivation quickly.

5. Check with your doctor. An app or gadget shouldn't replace your healthcare professional, and you should always consult your doctor before embarking on a new fitness regime.

Fitbit vs Jawbone vs Nike+ FuelBand

• If you don't care about tracking your food or sleep and just want a gadget that will motivate you to get out there and exercise while also connecting you to a like-minded community of goal-setters and go-getters, the Nike+ FuelBand is marketed straight at you.

• If you want to track as many bodily functions as possible (such as sleep quality and quantity, nutrition etc), then a Jawbone Up might suit you well.

• If you're after something that will both track your bodily functions and also integrate well with a wide selection of third party apps, then a Fitbit may be for you.

Read more: http://www.choice.com.au/reviews-and-tests/food-and-health/diet-and-exercise/exercise-equipment/How-to-get-fit-and-lose-weight-with-apps-and-gadgets.aspx#ixzz302JxonaB
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Fitbit vs Jawbone Up   Fitbit vs Jawbone Up EmptySat 26 Apr 2014, 10:54 pm

After reading reviews on each, it looks like they are pretty much the same, and it all comes down to a matter of personal preference. So I'm just wondering, does anyone here have either and can share an opinion on what is good and not so good about it? I trust you wonderful people more than random internet journalists. You never know who is getting sneaky money from the makers of the products!

I'm leaning towards the Jawbone Up24, even though it is more expensive than the Fitbit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fitbit vs Jawbone Up   Fitbit vs Jawbone Up Empty

Back to top Go down

Fitbit vs Jawbone Up
Page 1 of 1