6 posters
AuthorMessage
PlanB
PlanB

Female
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2014-02-23

Can't find a drink I like!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't find a drink I like!!   Can't find a drink I like!! EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014, 3:52 am

I know I am an odd person but I find I can drink berocca better than anything else. Who knows why. So I put it into 500 mls and there an easy 3rd of my requirements.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Jimbob

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2014-01-21

PostSubject: Ice Yea    Can't find a drink I like!! EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014, 2:56 am

Jojoivory wrote:
Pre op I was a massive water drinker and found if hard to drink post op. I mixed with nudie apple juice and progressively made the juice mix weaker. I am now drinking water happily without the juice and the transitioning worked wonders.
I found Ice Teas are great . Not too strong but just right . Peach & also Rasberry flavours are good .
Back to top Go down
Jojoivory

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Can't find a drink I like!!   Can't find a drink I like!! EmptyThu 24 Apr 2014, 1:56 pm

Pre op I was a massive water drinker and found if hard to drink post op. I mixed with nudie apple juice and progressively made the juice mix weaker. I am now drinking water happily without the juice and the transitioning worked wonders.
Back to top Go down
spazzi

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Can't find a drink I like!!   Can't find a drink I like!! EmptyMon 21 Apr 2014, 11:10 am

Thanks for the suggestions!

I do smoothies in the morning, I'll try some of your low calorie ideas. I am trying to keep my drinks as low cal as possible.
Back to top Go down
Ottopia
Part of the furniture
Ottopia

Female
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2014-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Can't find a drink I like!!   Can't find a drink I like!! EmptyMon 21 Apr 2014, 10:33 am

try some tea made up as iced tea. That might help.
cheers and congrats on the great weightless!
Llyr
Back to top Go down
JellyB

Female
Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2014-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Can't find a drink I like!!   Can't find a drink I like!! EmptyMon 21 Apr 2014, 10:11 am

How are you with diet jelly ? It's mostly water & if you make it with extra
water it won't feel so heavy on the stomach.
Milkshakes ?
Fresh fruit smoothies ? Dice & freeze melon, pineapple,  berries etc. then pop into blender with either some water or milk. I have seen a honeydew melon & pineapple one with milk come out like icecream !
Soups ? Even cup-a-soup will increase water intake.
Freeze cordials etc. into icypoles.
 Add more water to your protein shakes.
That's all I can think of right now.
All the best J.
Back to top Go down
spazzi

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Can't find a drink I like!!   Can't find a drink I like!! EmptyMon 21 Apr 2014, 9:41 am

I'm four weeks post op and I am doing really well with my food and have lost 30kgs but I cannot for the life of me find something to drink that I enjoy.

Obviously I should be trying to drink plenty of water but it just makes me feel sick and my mouth waters like I'm going to throw up. Cordials I used to like and lived on pre op are doing the same. I crave pineapple juice but when I have it, I don't enjoy it. I just don't know what to drink!

The only drink I find refreshing is white English breakfast tea, buy I can't drink 1.5l of tea. Sometimes powerade is ok, but it's full of sugar.

I am always thirsty and my pee is telling my I'm dehydrated (TMI sorry)!

Any advice would be sooooo greatly appreciated?

Spazwok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't find a drink I like!!   Can't find a drink I like!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't find a drink I like!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: