AuthorMessage
Ottopia
Part of the furniture
Ottopia

Female
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2014-01-27

New here-band removed Tuesday Empty
PostSubject: Re: New here-band removed Tuesday   New here-band removed Tuesday EmptySat 19 Apr 2014, 2:36 am

I had my band about 4 years. No scar tissue on my stomach, but mega scar tissue all around. My surgeon was surprised that my actual stomach was relatively unscathed from the band.
Back to top Go down
melmcc99

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-04-19

PostSubject: Re: New here-band removed Tuesday   New here-band removed Tuesday EmptySat 19 Apr 2014, 2:29 am

Thanks, How long did you gave the band?? Any scar tissue on the stomach itself?
Back to top Go down
Ottopia
Part of the furniture
Ottopia

Female
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2014-01-27

PostSubject: Re: New here-band removed Tuesday   New here-band removed Tuesday EmptySat 19 Apr 2014, 2:16 am

Hi There, I had my band removed because the tail of the band (i had had the port removed previously as it rejected) ripped off my muscle and cause a massive abscess/infection.
I have had a sleeve done nearly 12 months later (had to wait that long due to infection and internal damage). I am three months out and all good so far!
My weight loss seems a little slower than those who weren't banded previously, but my complications have been nil, and thats great given I also had two big hernias repaired when I had the sleeve. The band certainly messed up my insides.
Hope all goes well in your 3 month wait.
cheers,
Llyr
Back to top Go down
melmcc99

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-04-19

PostSubject: New here-band removed Tuesday   New here-band removed Tuesday EmptySat 19 Apr 2014, 1:24 am

Had my band out after 7 years on Tuesday. It caused me two bowel obstructions due to tubing wrapped around my intestines. Dr had to do lots of work on removing scar tissue around the band itself. He said I have to wait 3months before sleeve but I am still nervous about complications later. What r your experiances?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New here-band removed Tuesday   New here-band removed Tuesday Empty

Back to top Go down

New here-band removed Tuesday
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: