AuthorMessage
gingerchicken
Part of the furniture
gingerchicken

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2014-01-29

anybody actually bald Empty
PostSubject: Re: anybody actually bald   anybody actually bald EmptyTue 08 Apr 2014, 11:47 am

I've heard of biotin tablets and zinc might help...... But really, who knows. I suppose people just try everything and anything they can to prevent it.

Good advice about the 800cal + ASAP after surgery.... Lessons the shock.

Ginger
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: anybody actually bald   anybody actually bald EmptyTue 08 Apr 2014, 9:21 am

I started to lose a bit of hair at 3 months. I have longish hair and didn't want to get it cut. I tried to get my calories above 800 as quickly as possible after having the Sleeve to try to limit the shock of such a sudden reduction in nutrition and the surgery. I don't know if that made a difference but I haven't lost that much hair and it stopped about 6 months. I have recently had my gall bladder out and I have noticed a few hairs coming out again, so I hope that slows down quickly. 

I haven't heard of anyone going completely bald after the Sleeve but apparently your hair can become quite thin. VSGTanya, who I follow on Youtube, used some special sprinkle stuff in her hair to help it look thicker until it grew back.

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Changed Mind

Female
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2014-03-02

PostSubject: Re: anybody actually bald   anybody actually bald EmptyTue 08 Apr 2014, 9:03 am

If i start losing my hair i will be totally DEVASTATED! My hair is currently half way down my back and never been short, i am coming upto my 3 mths and with all the other stuff i have put up with i hope this one passes me. I have noticed the feel of my hair has changed since surgery but fingers crossed no hair loss
Back to top Go down
gingerchicken
Part of the furniture
gingerchicken

Female

PostSubject: Re: anybody actually bald   anybody actually bald EmptyMon 07 Apr 2014, 1:05 am

I agree sway.

I'm willing to give up some long locks if it means I'm giving up my plus size clothes too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: anybody actually bald   anybody actually bald EmptyMon 07 Apr 2014, 12:53 am

Think thin thin and I don't mean my body. My shower drain sprouts new hair every day. My brush needs cleaning every day....it's a small price to pay.
Back to top Go down
gingerchicken
Part of the furniture
gingerchicken

Female

PostSubject: Re: anybody actually bald   anybody actually bald EmptyMon 07 Apr 2014, 12:19 am

Looks like I'm up for a 2nd whammy!!

I have a new baby.... And my hair has thinned because of this.... And then maybe again with the sleeve. I have a few months to wait....so we'll see. I've heard of the hairless lasting about 3 months.... So let's hope lioness that it slows up for you.

Ginger
Back to top Go down
Lioness82

Female
Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: anybody actually bald   anybody actually bald EmptyMon 07 Apr 2014, 12:10 am

I'm not yet bald but I to started losing at 3 months, I'm now just gone 6 months and it's not showing signs of stopping.  How long have other people noticed it starts to stop? 3 months of constant hair loss, I'm embarrassed to put my hair up because of how pathetic my ponytail looks.  I had really long hair, I had to get it cut to shoulder length because it looked so thin
Back to top Go down
Tonibubble

Female
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2013-09-19

PostSubject: Re: anybody actually bald   anybody actually bald EmptyMon 07 Apr 2014, 12:04 am

My hair loss started right on 3 months out & finally eased up just after 6 months out. I had long, thick, wavy hair & it really was the only part I liked about myself for a very long time. People say "it's just hair, it'll grow back" but when you have long, nice hair & it's the only thing you like about yourself it is depressing to see so much of it coming out.
Like Rocloc, the condition has changed as well. It's now dry, frizzy & flyaway. You can see my scalp on the sides which you never could before. I've taken hair tablets & eaten protein the whole way & I personally don't think it made any difference.
I have weeny little hairs starting to grow back around the edges, so hopefully it'll thicken back up now. But I think as the small ones grow out I'll probably have to cut it shorter to blend it in. Time will tell :)
Back to top Go down
gingerchicken
Part of the furniture
gingerchicken

Female

PostSubject: Re: anybody actually bald   anybody actually bald EmptySun 06 Apr 2014, 6:01 am

I too am worried about this..... I feel like my hair is the only thing I like the look of at the moment.
Alas, from all my reading....I'm not sure there's much that can be done about it :(
Back to top Go down
hopeful22912
hopeful22912

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-06-07

PostSubject: Re: anybody actually bald   anybody actually bald EmptySun 06 Apr 2014, 4:11 am

Hi 
In the first few months I lost a lot of hair (had to clean plug hole in shower after every shower) probably about half, but the lose did slow down, i am still losing but not enough to freak me out. I now have a head of curly hair (I use to pay big money to get these curls), I know a few people that have taken nail and hair supplements I didn't find they worked for me I just had to wait for my body to get over the shock of surgery.
Good luck with your journey
Nita
Back to top Go down
veronica simcoe
Part of the furniture
veronica simcoe

Female
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: anybody actually bald   anybody actually bald EmptySun 06 Apr 2014, 3:58 am

my hair was thin already and im losing it in clumps and nothing seems to help stop it
Back to top Go down
Rocloc

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: anybody actually bald   anybody actually bald EmptySun 06 Apr 2014, 3:29 am

I know I tend to harp on about hair loss  but its because I'm losing so much, just wondering if worst case scenario is bald patches, my surgeon has me on zinc tablets been on them 3 weeks, no change yet but he did say it won't happen  overnight,  I used to have very thick hair and a lot of it, I have probably lost about 70% of it, its now very fine, dry, frizzy and fly away, my hairdresser is in shock as to the change. I started losing at about 4 months, now 8 months out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anybody actually bald   anybody actually bald Empty

Back to top Go down

anybody actually bald
Page 1 of 1