Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joey70

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Average Weight Loss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Average Weight Loss   Average Weight Loss EmptySat 22 Mar 2014, 11:57 pm

Well done to all of you, yes it def can be frustrating when you stall and it is amazing how the body decides no your not loosing this week but next week bang it starts again.

I agree totally the op is a life changer, yesterday I tried a little bit of bread which is really one of the things I miss the most - wow 2 bites and I paid dearly for it :( but I wont complain as it is the good and the bad and the good for me is slipping into a size 12 instead of a 24/26 out weighs and negatives.

Yes, my hair was long and thick and not it is very thin and I am loosing handfuls a day - the zinc and iron I don't think are working, I wonder if any other vitamins would help????

Its more than awesome today I get to stand up with 5 other aerobic instructors and teach a class to maybe 30 + people, 6 months ago I was 119.7kg and I would have never had the fitness required to do it.

Stay positive everyone and I feel blessed to share and listen to each persons journey the good and the crappy bits, so keep them coming.

Have a safe and happy day :)  Average Weight Loss 446871
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Average Weight Loss   Average Weight Loss EmptySat 22 Mar 2014, 11:25 pm

I've lost a grand total of 10.4kgs in 14 weeks since surgery. Happy with that? Not really!

All I can say is I'm almost a third of the way through the "honeymoon" phase.....have not eaten any rubbish, still average about 600-700 calories a day, am almost $7000 out of pocket, had a complication, was in hospital for a couple of weeks, had a feeding tube, I'm still vomiting, my hair is very thin, I'm tired and run down, am now lactose intolerant, no longer enjoy the taste of food (everything tastes different), I have constant reflux and need to take heaps of pills and supplements I never used to take.

Do I regret the surgery?.....hell no! I knew the risks going in. I had my eyes open. I researched and studied and considered it carefully and I am responsible for my decision.

Am I disappointed? .......OMG yes!  I've lost more weight than this on Lite and Easy, WW, just going it alone and eating less etc. This is a difficult, expensive, uncomfortable way to lose weight. Anyone who thinks this is the easy way out has rocks in their head.

My one and only hope is that the weight loss continues (and let's face it, there's no guarantee) and that all the hype and spiel about the weight loss being permanent is true.

There is a huge degree of faith and trust in the procedure required and this goes against everything I've ever experienced in my life......trust in medical professionals doesn't come easily to me.
Back to top Go down
neeny

Female
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2014-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Average Weight Loss   Average Weight Loss EmptySat 22 Mar 2014, 9:51 pm

I was sleeved around 8 weeks ago and did not loose anything for around 3 weeks at the 5-6 week mark, which was really frustrating as I was not eating much and I am exercising regularly.  But I have lost 2kg this week, which has made me very happy :-)

I have no idea what goes on inside our bodies, it seems that weight loss is completely random, plateaus and stalls are going to happen, the most important thing is not to get to disappointed when you don't loose for a while.  I am 8 weeks post surgery, 10 weeks post opti fast and I have lost 17kg, when averaged out, this is a loss of 1.7kg a week!  I am very happy with my progress!
Back to top Go down
jagxclusive
Part of the furniture
jagxclusive

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2013-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Average Weight Loss   Average Weight Loss EmptySat 22 Mar 2014, 11:27 am

My surgeon said I should lose 1and half to 2kg per week since sleeve. In the first 3 weeks I lost about 10kg. In the last 17weeks I have only lost about 7kg. (I lost 10 on opti before the sleeve)... so dr is frantic that I will start gaining soon as my loss has slowed so much.... I don't exercise, i eat everything, i eat fast and eat too much.... and I have zero motivation to try...
Back to top Go down
Tonibubble

Female
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2013-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Average Weight Loss   Average Weight Loss EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014, 9:49 pm

My surgeon said to expect to lose around a kilo & a half a week. I seem to have a good week of 2 & a half & then might lose nothing the following week. This last month I had 3 weeks of half a kilo each week, but then last week I lost 2 & a half & another kilo already for this week.
Back to top Go down
Vikki28
Part of the furniture
Vikki28

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2013-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Average Weight Loss   Average Weight Loss EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014, 7:15 am

I don't know about average weight loss, I think it depends on lots of things, age, muscle mass, activity level, general health, we are always being told not to compare ourselves with others etc.

Now that the disclaimer is out there I have lost 26 kgs since my surgery in October 2013, I am happy with that considering that I am an older female with low thyroid issues and don't exercise as much as I should due to a back injury.

You really need to talk to your surgeon or dietician to see what they think is right for you.

Sounds to me like you are doing really well, do you feel healthy? Not too tired or stressed? I think that these would be the main indicators to me about how well I am doing with the weight loss.
Back to top Go down
joey70

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2014-02-09

PostSubject: Average Weight Loss   Average Weight Loss EmptyThu 20 Mar 2014, 6:46 am

Hi all,

Was hoping to gain some insight on average weight loss.

I had surgery in early Nov last year and have lost to date 31 kg in 4 1/2 months. I think its fantastic but not sure if it is to fast?

Thank you in advance
Jo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Average Weight Loss   Average Weight Loss Empty

Back to top Go down

Average Weight Loss
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: