Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kortnijane

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2013-12-02

Super help please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super help please   Super help please EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 9:46 am

Hi mummakat!

I just got approved on Friday!!!
They called me on day 8 to say I was $1000 short when they added the tax onto the quoted amount. 
So I had to send then my credit card statement to show I have enough available funds to make up the difference!!!
Which then meant I went back to the end of the que which is 10 day wait all over again!!!
I was scared coz I had gone to the effort of proving I can't afford the surgery at all! Then all of a sudden had prove I could lol
I was sooooo stressed! My surgery is on 27th so I was calling them everyday last week checking the status!
Good luck!
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Super help please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super help please   Super help please EmptyThu 06 Mar 2014, 10:37 am

Hiya MK,

Yep you can get the balance or all of the funds from your Husband's Super. 

Also remember that they take 21% in tax, so if you apply for $100 you will get $100 but your Super fund will be debited $121.

Does that make sense ?

If I was in your situation I'd be taking the lot from Hubby's super.

All the best,
Tara
Back to top Go down
Mummakat

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-11-16

Super help please Empty
PostSubject: Super help please   Super help please EmptyThu 06 Mar 2014, 9:59 am

Hi everyone,

I am having the sleeve done next month and want to access my super in order to do so. I have all my forms filled out, letters, quotes, ID, etc and have just realised I don't quite have enough in my superannuation in order to cover it :(

What can I do? If I apply will it be rejected on the grounds that I don't have enough money in there or will they question where the remaining funds will come from? Can I borrow the 'gap' between what funds I have and the quote, from my husbands super fund?

I think I'll ring DHS tomorrow but thought I would ask here first :)

MK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Super help please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super help please   Super help please Empty

Back to top Go down

Super help please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Accessing your Superannuation-
Jump to: