4 posters
AuthorMessage
becj83
becj83

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2013-12-28

Blender Advice Needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blender Advice Needed   Blender Advice Needed EmptyFri 21 Feb 2014, 9:02 am

Thanks so much for the responses. I am off to do some research on the net and hopefully purchase something tomorrow ;)
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Blender Advice Needed   Blender Advice Needed EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 11:25 pm

Just one of those bullet blenders you can buy from anywhere.

I got one of the expensive ones for at home, and then I bought a "cheapie" ($30-35 from the Reject Shop I think?) for at work.

Rarely use my expensive one as I'm only home a week a month, but myself and a few other girls in our office use the cheap one I bought, every day and it crushes up perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Blender Advice Needed   Blender Advice Needed EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 10:03 pm

The one I bought (as the other I had at home couldn't do the job) is a Sunbeam 600 watt Power ***** (cannot remember the last name, rubbed off as I use it so much, even now, three years on). It has a hand cylinder that can be attached to either of two supplied bowls (one 750 mls, short; the other 1000 mls and long). It has a removable lid that can be put on the bottom of each cylinder (to prevent sliding) and the same goes on the top (to store in the fridge). It is the ICE smasher magican. I used to put one tray of ice in my Optifast and it could smash that up like a breeze (turned it into a thick shake) Three years down the track (used at least three times a week on all sorts of things) is still going strong. If I remember was under $50- though knowing what I know now how I use it so much; I would spend a lot more on one if this one ever needs replacement.
Back to top Go down
Fittru

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Blender Advice Needed   Blender Advice Needed EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 9:08 pm

I have a Kenwood blender thing that is like a rocket blender but better. You put whatever in the bottle, screw the blade on, flip over and lock in. Crushes ice better than anything I have used before. You just unscrew the blade and replace with the drink bottle sipper lid. Was app $45 but I saw a cheaper version in kmart the other day. Mine came from Bing Lee. 
Really need the ice in those shakes so worth the investment.
Back to top Go down
becj83
becj83

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2013-12-28

PostSubject: Blender Advice Needed   Blender Advice Needed EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 8:26 pm

Hi All, 
I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a blender or another kitchen appliance i can purchase that will be able to really crush up ice so that i can make a smoothie type thing with my optifast when i start in 2 weeks. 
I have a standard blender and it just doesn't crush the ice like snow, and I also have a blender that attaches to my Keenwood Mixmaster and it doesn't seem to be bale to get the job done either. 

I also am hoping this machine will puree food also for when I am at the puree stage, although i do know my blenders can do that part. 

I have seen the tv add about the new beaut Ninja kitchen master, but i'm thinking that might be a little too expensive. 

thanks in advance guys, really appreciate the info. 
Blender Advice Needed 618285

Cheers, 
Bec
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blender Advice Needed   Blender Advice Needed Empty

Back to top Go down

Blender Advice Needed
Page 1 of 1