Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

GASTRO BUG 3.5 Weeks after surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: GASTRO BUG 3.5 Weeks after surgery   GASTRO BUG 3.5 Weeks after surgery EmptyFri 21 Feb 2014, 10:33 pm

So glad to hear you are on the mend. Regards
Back to top Go down
neeny

Female
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2014-01-01

PostSubject: Re: GASTRO BUG 3.5 Weeks after surgery   GASTRO BUG 3.5 Weeks after surgery EmptyThu 20 Feb 2014, 10:41 pm

hi all
Thanks for the advice.. I stopped vomiting, and seem to be able to tolerate small amounts off fluid.  I've been drinking flat diluted lemonade and diluted juice as I was unable to get out to buy gastrolitd. For a treat I am now having a glass of weak green cordial. Hopefully I'm over the worst now.  I called my surgeon's office who said to see my GP.  I was too weak to drive, so I just waited it out.  I had to laugh at the diet suggestion for those with recent gastro - dry toast! I wish!

Never mind, I survived and so did my staples!
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: GASTRO BUG 3.5 Weeks after surgery   GASTRO BUG 3.5 Weeks after surgery EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014, 9:23 pm

I reckon you should at least phone (maybe even your GS surgeon); as it is very easy to get dehyrdrated even without the dreaded 'BUG'. I am feeling for you; hard enough to get sips of water in without it all coming up. Take care and hopefully you will be feeling a lot better soon.
Back to top Go down
neeny

Female
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2014-01-01

PostSubject: GASTRO BUG 3.5 Weeks after surgery   GASTRO BUG 3.5 Weeks after surgery EmptyWed 19 Feb 2014, 6:44 pm

I have a GASTRO BUG 3.5 Weeks after surgery!  I have just spent 36 hours at the children's hospital with my 6 year old for treatment of his dehydration following an explosive bought of D&V.  Home now, and of course I have just started vomiting (more like going through the motions) and lots and lots of runny stools.  Has anyone else had gastro so soon after surgery?  Should I contact my surgeon or see my GP?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GASTRO BUG 3.5 Weeks after surgery   GASTRO BUG 3.5 Weeks after surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

GASTRO BUG 3.5 Weeks after surgery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: Complications With The Sleeve-
Jump to: