New from North Queensland

Go down 
AuthorMessage
redvanwinkle

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-02-02

New from North Queensland Empty
PostSubject: New from North Queensland   New from North Queensland EmptySat 15 Feb 2014, 1:32 am

Hi all, thanks for putting your posts onto this site, it has given me some great information on issues I hadn't thought of. Met my surgeon yesterday and operation is booked for the 26/03/2014. I am 58 years old, and my goal is to be slim at 60.

At least one child in every generation of our family, is born a big baby, generally 11lbs up to 13 lbs  ( 5kg - 6 Kg) and we are overweight all our lives, generally getting worse in our teens, and of course once we hit our 40's the "Family Curse" plus middle age spread and less activity makes for very obese people. What I have noticed is that I am more overweight than my mum was at this age, and my child ( that has "Family Curse" the other one is slim) is more overweight than I was at his age, so there must be something changing in the way we liver our lives than 100 years ago ( when my parents were born)

That's my history lesson for today, I am amazed at how many people are having this surgery considering there isn't any long term data on what happens to sleevers after 20 years, but have to do something as my knees have retired and I am not enjoying being disabled, have too much to do yet.

I also have a couple of relatives in the next generation who are waiting to see how my surgery affects our "Family Curse", so they have a direction that will help them deal with their weight problems. I have family member who had lap band at 19, and has maintained the weight loss for a number of years, but I really think middle aged spread is the real test.

Thanks for mentioning any problems you have had before and after surgery, it really is helpful to those people considering this Gastric Sleeve Surgery.
Back to top Go down

New from North Queensland
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: