Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dee-Jam

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Dr Selena Ward Melbourne   Sat 26 Mar 2016, 2:13 am

Hi There 

Just wondered if there was anyone else around who had Selena Ward as their Surgeon? 
Selena is who has been appointed to me for my surgery on the 23rd of June. 

From my research she does seem to be very good. 

Dee
Back to top Go down
Laura can do it

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Dr Selena Ward Melbourne   Sun 12 Jul 2015, 11:59 pm

60tolose wrote:
Hi Meek,

Wondering how you went with your surgery?

I am at the beginning of my journey and looking into surgeons. And one of those is Dr. Salena Ward.

Thank you.
Thought I would add an answer too. Best decision ever; Selena and her team are awesome. Highly recommend them. I'm 16 months post op and 64ish kgs down; 3 kgs from loosing all my excess weight. If I could add a pic I would but don't think I can here. Happy to answer any questions feel free to ask
Back to top Go down
60tolose

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Dr Selena Ward Melbourne   Sat 11 Jul 2015, 12:11 pm

Hi Meek,

Wondering how you went with your surgery?

I am at the beginning of my journey and looking into surgeons. And one of those is Dr. Salena Ward.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Laura can do it

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Selena Ward Melbourne   Wed 21 May 2014, 9:57 pm

Good on u; I have no regrets so far. Good luck with it all. Like I said just ask if u have any questions. Facebook also has some great  support groups. I started a second FB account bc I haven't told everyone about my surgery; it's not a secret but I'm not telling the world. My appointment on the 10th is at 3.30 so I would be free at around 4 if that helps. Good luck again and keep me posted would love to know how u go. 

L x
Back to top Go down
Meek72

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Dr Selena Ward Melbourne   Tue 20 May 2014, 10:19 pm

Hi Laura,

I will be seeing her at Northpark - I go in on the 16th for the gastroscopy and then a follow up on the 23rd June with both Selena and the dietician... I work Tuesdays so as much as I would love to have a coffee its not possible.

Based on the traditional height weight charts I should be about 78kg (I'm 178cm tall) so in the perfect world I'd have around 70kg to lose - to be in double digits would be wonderful - I dont think I've been under 100kg since I was about 16....  A very very long time ago!

I haven't met the dietician as yet - I wasn't told that I should be seeing her when the first appointment was booked (possibly because I booked it about 6 weeks out) - and we're going away next week so I didn't want the extra expense before then.

Now I've made the decision that I want to do it - I want it done yesterday!
Back to top Go down
Laura can do it

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Selena Ward Melbourne   Tue 20 May 2014, 8:21 am

Happy to help!

Where are you seeing Selena, Northpark? If so I have an appointment there on the 10 of June - happy to meet you for a coffee and chat if you like. My sister had surgery 2 weeks before me so I had her to talk to.

Selena really is very hands on, she has even answered an email over the weekend which I didn't expect.
I did 2 weeks optifast; that seems to be fairly common but I do think it depends on the  county you live in and how much you have to lose, trust me 2 weeks is enough torture!  I am part of other support groups on facebook and there are differences with most things depending on who your surgeon is.

My sister did see another Melbourne based surgeon and what he and Selena did was pretty much the same. She just liked Selena more. 

It is an expectation that you do optifast and Selena does check in with how much weight you have lost so does the dietician. Optifast is very important to reduce the risks of surgery. Dietician did provide a very low calorie alternative which I didn't take up bc I was scared of cheating or not losing enough weight. Apparently Selena can tell as soon as she your liver.

You will need to talk to a dietician before you can go ahead with procedure. Based on your meeting with dietician and results of gastroscopy Selena will let you know if you can go ahead. The dietician Julie is great, she works with Selena and also available on email.

Selena and Dietican talk about losing 70% of your excess weight, they are confident that I will get to 70kgs. I'm not in a place yet where I  publicise my weight stats still embarrassed that I got so fat!   My personal goal is about 60kgs. From what I can see  (on FB and youtube) it is doable with some hard work but the sleeve does make it easier I have to say.

Selena and I are very happy with my progress so far and I feel more confident that ever that I will get to goal.

L x
Back to top Go down
Meek72

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Selena Ward Melbourne   Tue 20 May 2014, 1:49 am

You might regret offering to answer questions!!!!

I really liked the fact that she said to email her - many doctors dont have that kind of investment in their patients.

I was wondering about the 2 week optifast thing - as I have read some people have to complete it for 6 weeks - just trying to get the money together to be able to pay for surgery - and hopefully full steam ahead!

Great work losing 20kg already - very very impressive!! Did you have to prove a commitment to weight loss pre-surgery? How much is your weight loss goal in the long term?

My sister is also looking into WLS - possibly with Selena as well.... she has some other medical issues to get under control before she looks into it.

Thank you for replying!
Back to top Go down
Laura can do it

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Selena Ward Melbourne   Mon 19 May 2014, 11:55 pm

Hi Monique; 

Yes I did go ahead with Selena; love her. She is super caring and would recommend her or her associate any time. Both very caring and professional. I was sleeved on 14 March so about 9 weeks ago started optifast 2 weeks before that. I have lost 20 Kgs so far and feel great. Julie the dietician that works with Selena is also great very encouraging and positive.

I had no complications and recovered very quickly. My sister also had surgery   with Selena and would echo my thoughts. Love the fact that you can email her with any questions or concern and you get a response back from her that same day. Very approachable. Please feel feel free to ask me any questions I understand it is a super scary decision. 

Good Luck

L x
Back to top Go down
Meek72

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Selena Ward Melbourne   Mon 19 May 2014, 10:29 pm

Hi Laura,

I was wondering if you went ahead with Selena Ward, I saw her last week for an initial consultation, she seemed really nice and patient - she also seemed to want to get things moving really quickly - she would have had me booked in for the initial gastroscopy in the week following my consult (Way to quick for me)

Regards

Monique
Back to top Go down
Laura can do it

Female

PostSubject: Dr Selena Ward Melbourne   Wed 29 Jan 2014, 9:53 am

Hi

Was wondering if anyone in Melbourne had used Dr Selena Ward as their surgeon.
I have only meet her once (as I am at the very start of the process) and  my first impression was great.
She seems lovely, approachable and knowledgeable.

Please share your experience with her.  Happy to hear all feedback.....

Thanks
L x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Selena Ward Melbourne   

Back to top Go down

Dr Selena Ward Melbourne
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: The Surgeons-
Jump to: