7 posters
AuthorMessage
joeylfg
joeylfg

Female
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Hello from me Empty
PostSubject: Next Wednesday meeting   Hello from me EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014, 12:13 pm

Hello FGT

I am also a newbie from Melbourne & next Wednesday I am also attending an info session down South East Melbourne way..  So if you're at the same one, I'll see you there!

Cheers Jo
Back to top Go down
Fatgirlthin

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2014-01-25

Hello from me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from me   Hello from me EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014, 9:01 pm

jagxclusive wrote:
Hi fatgirlthin,

You sound similar to me -- similar bmi and issues. Just want to tell you to keep a close eye on your TSH results. I quickly lost about 20kg (between opti and after surgery) and my levels plummetted. I have only managed about 4 full nights sleep since my op, and am barely surviving on 2-3 hours a day, or dropping to sleep from exhaustion at odd times due to the thyroid imbalance. I am yet to feel 'energetic' as a result of my weight loss - i am truly so tired all the time but can't sleep, (can't lose weight if I don't sleep and am hungry in the middle of the night because I am awake!). Due to the weight loss I have had to lower my thyroxine dose, but it takes 6 weeks to recheck the levels and may need to drop again.  I'm reducing dosage slowly through my gp, and as I lose more weight I will have to keep re checking. Look up other medical issues in this forum, and search 'hashimotos' or 'thyroid', you will find it helpful. 

I originally had major sleep and lethargy issues due to weight and hashi's, but now it's purely from being too wired on too much thyroxine stopping me sleep and leaving my body lethargic but my brain buzzing! Not everyone goes through what I have, but I wish my expectations were more realistic. I know it will even out eventually, but I didn't expect to feel like this.

All the best and welcome to the site.
Thanks Jag. I read one of your posts along these lines. I work for an endocrine surgeon and this gives me a little more insight but you are right my body will do whatever it wants! I had an issue last year with the thyroid replacement being too high and the GP changed the dose but I thought it would way too low so upped it a bit. I don't recommend doing that! Anyway, my Tsh was fine on my dose but I would have been under replaced on the GPs dose.

My boss explained that women's thyroxine replacement is much ardor to calculate than men's so I think I should book in to see the endocrinologist.

Thanks for the advice. It is truly appreciated!

I hope you are feeling better really soon. Jane
Back to top Go down
merrymaiden

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-01-22

Hello from me Empty
PostSubject: hi there newbies   Hello from me EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014, 5:19 pm

Just wanted to say hi to all the newbies  Its great to have sooo much support on this site.
Back to top Go down
jagxclusive
Part of the furniture
jagxclusive

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2013-05-22

Hello from me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from me   Hello from me EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014, 12:20 pm

Hi fatgirlthin,

You sound similar to me -- similar bmi and issues. Just want to tell you to keep a close eye on your TSH results. I quickly lost about 20kg (between opti and after surgery) and my levels plummetted. I have only managed about 4 full nights sleep since my op, and am barely surviving on 2-3 hours a day, or dropping to sleep from exhaustion at odd times due to the thyroid imbalance. I am yet to feel 'energetic' as a result of my weight loss - i am truly so tired all the time but can't sleep, (can't lose weight if I don't sleep and am hungry in the middle of the night because I am awake!). Due to the weight loss I have had to lower my thyroxine dose, but it takes 6 weeks to recheck the levels and may need to drop again.  I'm reducing dosage slowly through my gp, and as I lose more weight I will have to keep re checking. Look up other medical issues in this forum, and search 'hashimotos' or 'thyroid', you will find it helpful. 

I originally had major sleep and lethargy issues due to weight and hashi's, but now it's purely from being too wired on too much thyroxine stopping me sleep and leaving my body lethargic but my brain buzzing! Not everyone goes through what I have, but I wish my expectations were more realistic. I know it will even out eventually, but I didn't expect to feel like this.

All the best and welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
JolieC

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2014-01-26

Hello from me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from me   Hello from me EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014, 9:16 am

I just wanted to pop by and say hi, and wish you all the best for the info session tonight.
Back to top Go down
Tarnie
Tarnie

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2014-01-07

Hello from me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from me   Hello from me EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014, 8:17 am

Good luck ladies,  Hello from me 355206
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuUMtkU/]
Fatgirlthin

Female

Hello from me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from me   Hello from me EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014, 3:34 am

Goldcoastgirl wrote:
Hi there Fatgirlthin,

I'm a newbie too, I noticed you didn't have any replies yet and I didn't want you to feel alone going through this so, hello .
I'm having my stress test today, and I'm freaking out, don't know why , hoping that they don't find anything that will stop me from having this op, well I will soon know which will be good.

The info night yr attending will be great, good luck and I look forward to hearing what you decide. From Goldcoastgirl
Hi Goldcoastgirl,

Thanks for your reply. It is a strange time. I went to an info evening a few years ago regarding banding but decided that wasn't for me and at the time
Sleeping seemed way too drastic. Now it seems like a no brainier and at the moment I feel strangely calm.

I hope your stress test goes well. Look forward to hearing how it goes!
Back to top Go down
Goldcoastgirl

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2013-09-18

Hello from me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from me   Hello from me EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014, 10:50 pm

Hi there Fatgirlthin,

I'm a newbie too, I noticed you didn't have any replies yet and I didn't want you to feel alone going through this so, hello .
I'm having my stress test today, and I'm freaking out, don't know why , hoping that they don't find anything that will stop me from having this op, well I will soon know which will be good.

The info night yr attending will be great, good luck and I look forward to hearing what you decide. From Goldcoastgirl
Back to top Go down
Fatgirlthin

Female

Hello from me Empty
PostSubject: Hello from me   Hello from me EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014, 7:34 am

Hi. Here I am. Have pretty much made the decision to sleeve after years of yo-yo dieting. I have hypothyroidism and major sleep and lethargy issues.  My BMI is 47.

I am going to an info night on Wednesday and hope to see the surgeon soon after. 14 is my favourite number so this must be my year.  

The most amazing information I have come across is the workings of the body and ghrelin and its affects on leptin and the consequences for fat storage.  
 Hello from me 878453 

Have always felt like a thin girl in a fat body hence my username. Look forward to hearing your stories and giving support where I can
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from me   Hello from me Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: