Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
davisk4

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-01-23

Newbie from Adelaide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Adelaide   Newbie from Adelaide EmptyThu 23 Jan 2014, 8:50 am

Hi All, Hope I am doing this right as this is my first post… I am booked in to be sleeved on the 6/2/14 and i am so frightened something will go wrong… Its the positive stories that i read on this site that have stopped me from cancelling my op date..
Back to top Go down
Miss Nik
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2013-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Adelaide   Newbie from Adelaide EmptyWed 22 Jan 2014, 8:23 pm

Welcome Shirolin

I am a feb sleever too so yes, come join the February 2014 and we can share the journey 
Nik
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Adelaide   Newbie from Adelaide EmptyWed 22 Jan 2014, 8:03 pm

Hi Shirolin, and welcome!

I adored the chocolate bars, took forever to eat them, and they reminded me of Space Food Sticks. Loved them when I was a kid! I had my first child at FMC, and this year she starts Uni!

If you haven't already found the February 2014 group, you can find it by clicking here. It should be somewhere near the top of the page. And of course, don't forget to check out the diaries, there is so much useful information in there too!
Back to top Go down
Shirolin72

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-01-22

PostSubject: Newbie from Adelaide   Newbie from Adelaide EmptyWed 22 Jan 2014, 1:07 pm

Hi all, so glad I have found this support group. I am booked in for surgery Feb 20th at Flinders Medical Centre and have started the optifast shakes, going well so far a week tomorrow (Thursday) and have noticed the scales moving down, have 3 more weeks as the surgeon wanted me to have shakes for 4 weeks. Finding them not too bad as have done shakes before, glad to be able to break them up with the veggies, and diet jelly. I take the bars to work, have only had the chocolate ones so far which I find quite nice and some times a salad, don't always get a lunch break due to being so busy. Am trying to drink as much water as possible but need to up the amount.
I'm married with 3 children only 1 at home at the moment,I'm in my early 50's and an identical twin. Have always had a weight issue with loosing and gaining being the pattern. Looking forward to making a life saving change but am nervous of the unknown. Have read information as to what to expect good and bad but hopefully can learn so much more through this journey.Would like to be in touch with anyone who is in Adelaide or having surgery at the same time as well as anyone who is on this group : )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Adelaide   Newbie from Adelaide Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Adelaide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: