jodi
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Mollies Ma

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-08-31

My nose runs when im full Empty
PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptyThu 08 Sep 2011, 7:32 am

OMG Molie and I are reading this together and she nearly wet herself when I red this out ... then she said " mine does too" lol

Weird lot you sleevies!
Back to top Go down
chasedbytigers
chasedbytigers

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2011-06-27

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptyThu 08 Sep 2011, 6:07 am

You're right, I do struggle to get the protein in. I have hummus or cottage cheese on cruskits every day, and skim milk drink each day, and I buy the HPLC bars and have about a 1/4 each day which is 10g protein. I eat eggs too. I am vegetarian and have always struggled with getting enough protein...rice was left over from risotto last night...naughty new sleever :)
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptyThu 08 Sep 2011, 5:55 am

Yup, I am 14 months out and still get a runny nose as my full signal LOL

Rice: I didn't have rice for a long time. Remember: protein, protein, protein ;)
Back to top Go down
chasedbytigers
chasedbytigers

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2011-06-27

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptyThu 08 Sep 2011, 5:36 am

Hi Trac,
I came looking for something about the excess saliva. I ate rice just about an hour ago and I was on the phone to my mum and absent-mindedly ate it as quickly as I normally would pre-op and then had to run to the bathroom as my mouth watered so much I had to stand over the loo! It took a good 10 minutes to stop...I think I ate too much and since I eat too quickly anyway I didn't realise I was full. That it the first (and last) time I don't properly measure what I am eating!

My nose runs when im full 595690 My nose runs when im full 595690 My nose runs when im full 595690
Back to top Go down
Trac
Trac

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptyThu 08 Sep 2011, 2:24 am

Hi everyone I want to 'bump' this thread and get people's thoughts.
I am 9 dys post op and slowly starting to introduce puree foods, after eating a few teaspoons of puree I get a runny nose. Does anyone still get this or have updates why it happens?
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptyMon 04 May 2009, 2:07 pm

Yes I get the runny nose thing too and the saliva when I've eaten too much.

steph
Back to top Go down
Mattrus

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptyMon 04 May 2009, 4:13 am

Just to provide some perspective from the (less) fairer sex. I also get a runny nose when I eat too much or eat too quickly. LOL
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptyMon 04 May 2009, 3:34 am

Yes, I get this too. Actually, this is apparently a common reaction after the sleeve.
I asked my doc about it, and he said that the hormones that help you digest are the same ones in your sinuses, so when one reacts, the other does too. So, it's nothing to worry about, and a good indicator to tell you that you've had your fill!
Best wishes
Chris
Back to top Go down
Vsgenie
Vsgenie

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptySun 03 May 2009, 5:00 pm

I actually get the running nose symptom occasionally (too much food or spicy :) and excessive saliva when I eat some types of surgery meals. There used to be a lolly made of whatever causes this saliva reaction. When I was really young I remember buying them and choking and coughing on my own saliva (temporary but unpleasant) at the cinemas. I remember hearing others who had the same problem once I discovered what it was. All this and I'm pre-op eheheh. I must have dog in me.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptySun 03 May 2009, 12:27 am

I also find that I end up with a lot of nasty mucus in my throat and mouth if I eat too much - very difficult to deal with if you are in public (I'm not into spitting on the floor - LOL). It is almost too much for a tissue, but that is how I mostly deal with it.

Probably a better thing to do would be to not eat too much!!!

Caz
Back to top Go down
raisedbycats
Part of the furniture
raisedbycats

Female
Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptySun 03 May 2009, 12:13 am

I think, and I could be wrong here, that the nose running is related to irritation of the oesophagus - if its irritated the body makes mucus to deal the the expected acid and the nose is all connected to the same response so you get a runny nose too.

Its a similar response to the way that a lot of men get blocked noses during sex.
Back to top Go down
FaddingAway
Part of the furniture
FaddingAway

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptySat 02 May 2009, 7:51 pm

oh yes the ol runny nose...always happens to me. And the air thatgets caugt in before liquids or food..Those burps can drive me mad
Who'd a thought the nose was so conected to the tummy?
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptySat 02 May 2009, 3:01 pm

Yep. I noticed it, too! When I take one too many bites, my nose runs. Two too many, I start a sneezing jag. Three too many, to the porcelain altar I go!
D'oh
Back to top Go down
Rosie
Rosie

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptySat 02 May 2009, 10:26 am

Wow this is just fascinating and very funny....... It is amazing how the body works!

Jodi, I've just looked at your signature and realised that we have similar starting weights, the same goal and the clincher, I would like to be there by August 11, my 30th birthday!!

But you are so close now, that is just wonderful, congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Donna-lee
Part of the furniture
Donna-lee

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptySat 02 May 2009, 10:16 am

My nose runs when im full 314562 Yep my nose runs when had 2 much also...

Hey apple have u thought of taking out share with kleenx u'd be rich..lol
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptySat 02 May 2009, 10:14 am

Oh yes does it for both me and the male of the species it is sooooooo sooooooooo annoying. I swear I am my granny as I carry a tissue in down my bra these days hehehehe

applesauce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptySat 02 May 2009, 8:36 am

LOL Jodie! At least you get a sign hehehe!

Mine runs when i've had too much sugar, a couple minutes before i get the faintie feeling!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full EmptySat 02 May 2009, 7:09 am

The same thing happened a lot to me - but doesn't happen so often now. But perhaps it is because I understand the full signs a bit better and try not to overeat.

One of life's little strangenesses!!!!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My nose runs when im full   My nose runs when im full Empty

Back to top Go down

My nose runs when im full
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: