Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glenice

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2014-01-07

New from St Kilda , Melbourne Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from St Kilda , Melbourne   New from St Kilda , Melbourne EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014, 9:00 pm

Hi Muchly Girl -

I'm starting in about a month - have to do it for 3 weeks pre-op.  That's the next thing I'm least looking forward to.

All the best with the Opti Fast and dont beat yourself up of you can't stick to it all theway- those types of diets are unsustainable in the real world.  Do the best you can!!

Keep us posted on how you do!!

Cheers Glenice
Back to top Go down
muchlygirl
Part of the furniture
muchlygirl

Female
Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2014-01-06

PostSubject: Re: New from St Kilda , Melbourne   New from St Kilda , Melbourne EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014, 9:03 am

Hi Glenice

We certainly have a lot in common.

I have submitted my paperwork to DHS to draw on my super for the surgeons fees. At least my health fund will pay the hospital side. I am hoping DHS don't hassle me about it. It's not like I am asking for government assistance, although I could be if I can't get this op!!!

When do you have to start your pre op diet? I am starting tomorrow  Pierced 

I think we may need to be sleeve buddies  kiss 

Talk soon
Back to top Go down
Glenice

Female

PostSubject: Re: New from St Kilda , Melbourne   New from St Kilda , Melbourne EmptySun 12 Jan 2014, 10:16 pm

Wow Muchly girl, we'll be doing this at almost the same time, I'm booked for 22nd march, I am 52 and change and know what you mean about the knees....EVERYTHING hurts carrying the weight around. I am 170 cm and 146 at last weigh in.  I actually have no idea what I currently weigh as my home scales will not weigh that high....which is pretty scary.  I actually remember purchasing the scales knowing they had a limit at 135 kg ish and thinking, I'll never be THAT heavy. 

I too have lost lots of weight over the years, in fact I'm the poster girl for the fact it will ALWAYS come back.  I lost about 45 kg when I was in my early 20s(yes life changing after a childhood from age 5 being the fattest kid in school and being harrassed and vilified as only school kids can do my whole school life).  I managed to keep it off for 25  years or so, and thinking I was home and hosed, let myself get slack and before you know it, I was gaining weight steadily. Then three years ago I gave it another really good go and lost 20 kg, I was still just on 100 kg but again, took my eye off the ball and here  I am plus those 20 and lots of interest.  The fact the sleeve practically guarantees that wont happen is its biggest selling point.  A band doesnt offer that.

Not only will this surgery save my life it will save my soul, self-esteem is at its lowest, my husband says he wants the old me back, and so do I.  I am a (somewhat larger) shadow of my former self personality wise and I can't wait to get it done.

Now all I have to do is convince Dept Human Services, we're not rich and have thousands tucked away in an off shore bank account, to access my super.  I've sent away my application and they've asked for more information.  I didnt put much detail in the application because I WRONGLY thought it was a basic check that we're not the idle rich trying to access money we're not entitled to.  So I'm in the middle of now paintstakingly itemising our household expenditure.

So if anyone else out there is applying for the full amount for their surgery from super - be warned, they want your income and expenditure justified down to the last dollar literally or they think if you should be able to pay for it yourself.

Anyway that's where I'm up to at the moment.  Hopefully will have some good news from them in the next week or so.  Glenice
Back to top Go down
muchlygirl
Part of the furniture
muchlygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: New from St Kilda , Melbourne   New from St Kilda , Melbourne EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014, 11:32 pm

Thanks everyone for your support. It is so inspiring to see how much weight you have lost. 
When discussing the pre op diet and weight loss, the dietitian said to me  "the good news is you will never put those kilos back on again". 
I am still having trouble getting my head around that after stuggling with my weight for the past 38 years.

My pre op starts on Tuesday so better take some photos and measurements this week end.

BRING IT ON
Back to top Go down
Brunie42
Part of the furniture
Brunie42

Female
Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2013-08-22

PostSubject: Re: New from St Kilda , Melbourne   New from St Kilda , Melbourne EmptyThu 09 Jan 2014, 5:12 am

hello and welcome Muchlygirl....I am Bruna (brunie42) and I was sleeved by Geoff at Peninsula Private last October and so far have lost 28.5kgs and that includes 6 weeks of opti...

you are in great hands with Geoff and will follow your journey....good luck
Back to top Go down
Glenice

Female

PostSubject: I'm new from Wollongong   New from St Kilda , Melbourne EmptyTue 07 Jan 2014, 2:14 am

Hi everyone - I'm new today.  Having surgery at St George Private in March 2014.  Funding it myself.  Anyone else doing that?
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: New from St Kilda , Melbourne   New from St Kilda , Melbourne EmptyMon 06 Jan 2014, 11:57 am

Welcome aboard, you will receive lots of support here and ask any question you wish, there are no silly questions.
Love Btgirl
Back to top Go down
muchlygirl
Part of the furniture
muchlygirl

Female

PostSubject: New from St Kilda , Melbourne   New from St Kilda , Melbourne EmptyMon 06 Jan 2014, 8:43 am

Hi

I just found the forum today. I am already booked to have sleeve surgery on 15th March with Geoffrey Draper at Epworth Eastern.

I am 162 kgs, 167 cm, at over 50 my knees are giving out and I have other medical conditions that will improve wit significant weight loss.

I am excited but nervous at the pre op diet. 

It's nice to share the journey

Muchlygirl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New from St Kilda , Melbourne   New from St Kilda , Melbourne Empty

Back to top Go down

New from St Kilda , Melbourne
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: