AuthorMessage
Vikki28
Part of the furniture
Vikki28

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2013-07-24

White tongue, sour taste in mouth Empty
PostSubject: Re: White tongue, sour taste in mouth   White tongue, sour taste in mouth EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 1:16 pm

Yes it sounds a lot like oral thrush, I had it too after my surgery, it can be caused from being stressed - which happens when you go through a major surgery. You can get Nystatin drops from the chemist no script needed, it will clear up fairly quickly if you use the drops as directed. You can google oral thrush for a fuller explanation.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PostSubject: Re: White tongue, sour taste in mouth   White tongue, sour taste in mouth EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 12:53 pm

Hi , it may be oral thrush which can also be a side effect of the anaesthetic ,you can get oral canestin at the chemist, it's one you just gargle then swallow not a tablet,not sure if you need a script or not though as my doctor gave me a script but I think there are some you can buy over the counter. I had a dry mouth badly at night about ten months out which in turn gave me thrush,if you are also drinking a lot of the milky type protein drinks they can leave a furry white coating on your tongue too.
Back to top Go down
sometimes666
sometimes666

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2013-10-01

PostSubject: White tongue, sour taste in mouth   White tongue, sour taste in mouth EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 12:48 pm

I'm almost 7 days post op and have a white tongue and constant sour taste in my mouth. I am sipping all day but think I may not be eating enough protein. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White tongue, sour taste in mouth   White tongue, sour taste in mouth Empty

Back to top Go down

White tongue, sour taste in mouth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: