2 posters
AuthorMessage
Emsy80
Emsy80

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-12-16

Newbie to see Dr Ian Martin in Brisbane also with Sleep Apnea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie to see Dr Ian Martin in Brisbane also with Sleep Apnea   Newbie to see Dr Ian Martin in Brisbane also with Sleep Apnea EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013, 1:26 am

Thank you TT, I'm hoping it's about what it costs lol.  When I rang up they said I couldn't get a quote over the phone, I would have to wait till my consultation.  I'm also going to try to use my husbands super.  I've filled at all the paper work just have to wait for my gp to fill it out and a letter to go with it from Dr Martin, so fingers crossed it goes through ok.

That's a good idea the coffee club meet up, I'll keep that in mind thank you.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to see Dr Ian Martin in Brisbane also with Sleep Apnea   Newbie to see Dr Ian Martin in Brisbane also with Sleep Apnea EmptyWed 18 Dec 2013, 12:36 am

Hi Emma,

Welcome to the forum !!

Awesome that Dr Martin does Intermediate Surgery.

Okay so instead of me posting a massive link to the older Dr Martin threads just go to the top of any page and hit the SEARCH button and enter Dr Ian Martin then click on the very bottom search button (not search google) and it will bring up all the previous threads on this topic.

You can find out heaps of good info by reading old threads.

What else, um, there is a meet up tonight at the Coffee Club Aspley at 6pm if you wanna meet some other sleevers. They are held every month if you can't make it tonight.

Costs .... best to ring his office and ask but at a guess .... 

Surgeon - $4000 -5000 (medicare Rebate - $700)
Anaesthetist - $800 -$1500 (Medicare rebate - can't remember)
Hospital - $1100 (no medicare rebate)
Assistant Surgeon ? - $800 (Medicare rebate - can't remember)

Okay so that was a massive guess - be interesting to see how close I am.

Also, a lot of people use their or their partner's super to pay for the surgery. You can do a search on that.

All the best,
Tara
Back to top Go down
Emsy80
Emsy80

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-12-16

PostSubject: Newbie to see Dr Ian Martin in Brisbane also with Sleep Apnea   Newbie to see Dr Ian Martin in Brisbane also with Sleep Apnea EmptyTue 17 Dec 2013, 12:01 pm

Hi everyone

I'm due to see Dr Martin at the Wesley in early Feb but go as a Private Patient in a public hospital, which would be the PA Hospital.  Would anyone know appox how much it would cost? I'm wanting the Gastric Sleeve Surgery.

Also I have severe sleep apnea.  How do go with surgery with sleep apnea.  I have very low iron but have started taking liquard iron to help that problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Emma
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie to see Dr Ian Martin in Brisbane also with Sleep Apnea   Newbie to see Dr Ian Martin in Brisbane also with Sleep Apnea Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie to see Dr Ian Martin in Brisbane also with Sleep Apnea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: