AuthorMessage
jagxclusive
Part of the furniture
jagxclusive

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2013-05-22

Eyesight issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyesight issues   Eyesight issues EmptySat 30 Nov 2013, 4:10 am

Glad to hear it has cleared up, Anglion. People with thyroid issues can also have eye problems that really need monitoring and checking, and dr's can often overlook it is thyroid related.
Back to top Go down
anglion
anglion

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2013-04-21

Eyesight issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyesight issues   Eyesight issues EmptySat 30 Nov 2013, 3:40 am

Just an update that it took 10 days for this to clear completely, and I now have my normal eyesight back!
Back to top Go down
http://wickedlyweighted.blogspot.com.au/
anneh70

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2013-08-25

Eyesight issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyesight issues   Eyesight issues EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013, 9:50 am

I had something like that but I thought it was due to the sudden drop in my sugar levels from really high to almost normal! I had it when I started on a diabetes medication and read it a recognised side effect.
Back to top Go down
anglion
anglion

Female

Eyesight issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyesight issues   Eyesight issues EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013, 11:50 pm

I was perfectly normal prior to surgery - eye sight wise, although I do wear glasses.  The way the doctor described it was a reaction to the trauma of surgery.  It could be coincidence, but it is a BIG coincidence.

I did a wider search of the internet and found several references to the same problem, all clearing in a week or so following surgery, not just the sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Ting Ting
Ting Ting

Female
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2013-05-26

Eyesight issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyesight issues   Eyesight issues EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013, 1:55 pm

Anglion - do you think it is coincidence or did you have this beforehand??  The reason I ask is because my astigmatism is playing up and, while it hasn't bothered me before I want to make sure I'm okay - or have it and can take steps to deal with it...
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

Eyesight issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyesight issues   Eyesight issues EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013, 11:42 am

got  hear you are the mend
Back to top Go down
anglion
anglion

Female

Eyesight issues Empty
PostSubject: Eyesight issues   Eyesight issues EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013, 6:59 am

Hi everyone, I had my sleeve on 14/11/13 and am currently experiencing problems with blurred vision. I wanted to post as I couldn't find anything on line about this and have now gone through all the tests.

So basically I attended my GP who referred me to a ophthalmologist. They booked me in ASAP and I now know that the condition is called a reactive spasm. The focus of your eyes change from long distance to a shorter distance. This can happen from illness, surgery or injury. It resolves on it's own in 1-2 weeks.

I was so freaked out about it, and wanted to reassure anyone else that it is not permanent or serious.

Thanks everyone and good luck with your journey!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eyesight issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyesight issues   Eyesight issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Eyesight issues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: