Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chrisdean

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-09-15

Pre-op prep - scared out of my wits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-op prep - scared out of my wits   Pre-op prep - scared out of my wits EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013, 10:47 am

Thank you Jagexclusive,
That is very reassuring and Im glad you are feeling better by the day. I think your right and the nerves are a big part of it :(

Christine
Back to top Go down
jagxclusive
Part of the furniture
jagxclusive

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2013-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Pre-op prep - scared out of my wits   Pre-op prep - scared out of my wits EmptySun 17 Nov 2013, 11:29 am

HI Chris, the first 4 days on optislim i got the runs and felt a bit off, but it did settle down. I also mixed it up with having an optislim chocolate bar at night as if it was dessert, much preferred that to the shakes. You can have the bars before the op, but of course after the op the shakes are good. I didn't like them after the op though and have only relied on a few here and there. I put whey protein in my cold cordial and also into yogurt after the op to get the protein.
I was up the first night of the operation to go to the loo but nearly passed out on the loo (the nurses had advised me not to try and to go on the bedpan, but i hate bedpans!) About halfway through the next day I start walking a bit and was able to go the loo no probs on my own and have a shower. It's all a bit yuk but by the following day I was a lot better and doing laps around the ward with all my drips in. It's amazing how quickly you improve. Nerves do muck you up -- I kept thinking I had all the pregnancy sypmtoms of nausea etc and had to do a preg test on the morning of the sugery to make sure I wasnt -- it was all nerves! I have lost some weight and already feel much better for it, sugars and blood pressure normal and that was only at 2 weeks out. All the best to you.
Back to top Go down
Chrisdean

Female

PostSubject: Re: Pre-op prep - scared out of my wits   Pre-op prep - scared out of my wits EmptySun 17 Nov 2013, 4:38 am

Hello Tara,

I am using Optislim and eating mushrooms and succini in worestershire sauce and minced garlic as the veges.
My dietician said it was the thinner of the two optislim and optifast. Thought best to just keep with it as after surgery need thin fluids. I was wondering if it is nerves as I am very scared and I am also having stomache lining repair done at the same time.

Christine
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Pre-op prep - scared out of my wits   Pre-op prep - scared out of my wits EmptySun 17 Nov 2013, 1:34 am

G'day Christine,

Welcome to the forum !

Which shakes are you using ?? Some people find they are a intolerant of the lactose in these even if they have not previously been lactose intolerant.
Sounds like that's what might be happening with you.
Perhaps try different brands of shakes and see how you go.

Congrats on your date of the 26th. Only 9 sleeps to go !
We all react differently to the surgery but you should have a pain medication button to press when you need.
And you should be up and about the same night of the surgery.
It is a usual 2 or 3 nights stay in hospital and then home to rest for 2 weeks.

Pop over to the November 2013 thread and introduce yourself to your fellow month sleevers.
Here's the link.
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t12454-november-2013?highlight=november+2013

All the best,
Tara
Back to top Go down
Chrisdean

Female

PostSubject: Pre-op prep - scared out of my wits   Pre-op prep - scared out of my wits EmptySat 16 Nov 2013, 6:38 am

Hello,

Please can someone tell me about the pre op prep with the milkshakes Im feeling sick every day is this normal? I know I am due to have the sleeving done on the 26th November and am very nervous and scared. Has anyone just had it done and if so how long before you are up and moving? I will be having it done at the Wesley in Brisbane has anyone had it done here.

christine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-op prep - scared out of my wits   Pre-op prep - scared out of my wits Empty

Back to top Go down

Pre-op prep - scared out of my wits
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: