4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucky Lolli
Lucky Lolli

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Hiatus Hernia, is it a problem? Empty
PostSubject: Hiatus Hernia, is it a problem?   Hiatus Hernia, is it a problem? EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013, 10:21 am

Hi all, I was interested to hear from anyone who has had a sleeve done and did have a Hiatus hernia before surgery, what was your experience?Hiatus Hernia, is it a problem? 697586
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Hiatus Hernia, is it a problem?   Hiatus Hernia, is it a problem? EmptyWed 30 Oct 2013, 12:16 pm

Hiya Lolli,

There are quite a few people who were in your shoes.
Until someone answers you personally I did a quick search and found a few old threads that may answer some of you questions.

Here's the LONG link.

Hope it helps a bit.

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/search?mode=searchbox&search_keywords=hiatus+hernia&show_results=topics

Cheers
Tara
Back to top Go down
stuss28
stuss28

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2013-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Hiatus Hernia, is it a problem?   Hiatus Hernia, is it a problem? EmptyThu 31 Oct 2013, 6:46 am

Hi There Lolli

I had a Hiatis Hernia an had absolutely no idea until my post op appointment when I seen my surgeon about a week later and he said oh by the way I fixed your Hiatis hernia LOL and showed me pictures of it on the computer. I suffered reflux prior to surgery with certain foods but didn't realise I had an issue,I thought it was just because I was fat.

With regards to recovery I dont believe it made a difference.I bounced back really well and only spent two nights in hospital.
Back to top Go down
sim
Part of the furniture
sim

Female
Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2013-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Hiatus Hernia, is it a problem?   Hiatus Hernia, is it a problem? EmptyFri 15 Nov 2013, 10:15 pm

Hi
I had a Hiatus Hernia Repair at the same time as my sleeve. I have had  a great recovery. Lots of my posts are in Oct /Nov Sleevers.
I spent two day in hospital an bounced back very quickly.
Cheers,
Sim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hiatus Hernia, is it a problem?   Hiatus Hernia, is it a problem? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hiatus Hernia, is it a problem?
Page 1 of 1