AuthorMessage
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female
Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2012-08-28

Oral thrush ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oral thrush ???   Oral thrush ??? EmptySat 19 Oct 2013, 2:55 am

I get it every time I've had surgery (which reminds me seen as I had another one yesterday I should be prepared!). It can affect swallowing quite bad which is last thing you need at this point so take the drops and it's vital you keep taking for at least a week after it's gone too.
Good luck
XX
Back to top Go down
Juicyjo
Juicyjo

Female
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2013-07-27

Oral thrush ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oral thrush ???   Oral thrush ??? EmptyFri 18 Oct 2013, 9:10 pm

oh and congrats on your op!!!
Back to top Go down
Juicyjo
Juicyjo

Female
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2013-07-27

Oral thrush ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oral thrush ???   Oral thrush ??? EmptyFri 18 Oct 2013, 9:08 pm

my son had it at 6mths and it took quite a few weeks to go away with nil stat but he couldn't hold it in his mouth...

it's not something I would have thought about so am glad you shared ;)
3 weeks to go for me.
Back to top Go down
Vikki28
Part of the furniture
Vikki28

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2013-07-24

Oral thrush ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oral thrush ???   Oral thrush ??? EmptyFri 18 Oct 2013, 1:29 pm

Oh and I have my toothbrush soaking in peroxide between cleans so that I don't re-infect myself.
Back to top Go down
Vikki28
Part of the furniture
Vikki28

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2013-07-24

Oral thrush ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oral thrush ???   Oral thrush ??? EmptyFri 18 Oct 2013, 1:28 pm

Yep I got it big time on Day 5 and I self prescribed some Nilstat.....then I thought I'd better ring the surgeon's office and check that I can take it.

I wondered why I got it, thanks for the explanation.
Back to top Go down
Newiegal

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-10-15

Oral thrush ??? Empty
PostSubject: Oral thrush ???   Oral thrush ??? EmptyFri 18 Oct 2013, 1:23 pm

I am 10 days post op and think I may have thrush in my mouth/throat. Very sore throat, hurts to swallow, roof of my mouth seems swollen and bumpy. I bought some Nilstadt drops today and also some powdered acidopholous (sp?). Anybody else had this ? My dietician has put it in her notes that it is possible as apparently the surgeon flushes the stomach with massive antibiotics after surgery. I am wondering how long it hangs around for and if there are any home remedies. Thx.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oral thrush ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oral thrush ???   Oral thrush ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Oral thrush ???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: