4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pumpkinbum
Pumpkinbum

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-06-18

ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/   ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/ EmptyThu 03 Oct 2013, 3:39 am

Thanks guys xx
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Re: ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/   ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/ EmptyThu 03 Oct 2013, 12:39 am

Hi

My sleeve was unusual - shaped like a y and caused constant nausea and pain so I eventually converted to bypass.  Just take it slow and don't get hung up on the shape and or possible issues.  Your surgeon is monitoring which is his job.  Your job is to use the tool you have been given in the best possible way.  As  Suzy said dumping is unpleasant and everyone is different so the fact that you can eat relatively high sugar foods does not mean that you won't dump on something different.  Dumping is the worse feeling and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Good luck with your recovery and your journey
G
Back to top Go down
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female
Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2012-08-28

PostSubject: Re: ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/   ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/ EmptyWed 02 Oct 2013, 6:21 am

Ok as long as he is aware...good luck moving to mushy!
Xxx
Back to top Go down
Pumpkinbum
Pumpkinbum

Female

PostSubject: Re: ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/   ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/ EmptyWed 02 Oct 2013, 6:20 am

Thanks guys Im only Day 9 so don't wanna hassle him yet Im in no pain - he is aware and said he will monitor it - im only on lliquids stage so maybe when I start purreed and solids I will feel some fullness - thanks for caring x
Back to top Go down
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female

PostSubject: Re: ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/   ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/ EmptyWed 02 Oct 2013, 6:12 am

Dumping doesn't happen to everyone and isn't the standard response to those foods so please don't expect that. Whilst I had a little dumping with the sleeve, with the bypass it was immediate, guaranteed and absolutely overwhelmingly dreadful with anything high fat, high sugar or if I ate too quickly. The restriction with the sleeve is more pain when you've eaten too much. Do you get that at all?

Your surgeon can do tests to check your restriction so when you see him have a chat but if worried, don't wait. In the early days I didn't like to bother him or my go or anyone and nearly died at one point as didn't realise how bad I'd become! Don't suffer and worry if you don't need to.

Also not sure if it helps but I've actually seen those who could eat more in the early days do the best in terms of weightloss as it's kept their metabolism fired up and energy for exercise some of the rest of us don't have.

I hope you get it sorted soon. It will weigh terribly on your mind and you don't deserve that. I'll keep watching to hear how you go. Sending you a big hug!
Xxx
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/   ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/ EmptyWed 02 Oct 2013, 6:11 am

Pumpkinbum - try not to worry too much abut the bmi. it's just 1 statistic in relation to heath. body fat %, hip to waist ratio, fitness level, etc

you can do it :)
Back to top Go down
Pumpkinbum
Pumpkinbum

Female

PostSubject: Re: ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/   ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/ EmptyWed 02 Oct 2013, 6:05 am

Ive not been back yet he did say we will monitor it and see what happens - so I guess at 6 weeks he will tell me what he thinks - Im only day 8 pre op and can drink milk and eat custards and yoghurts etc to my heart content so no dumping syndrome here :?

I guess there is always failures I just didn't realize so many - good luck to you and your friend too x

Cheers Heather
Back to top Go down
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female

PostSubject: Re: ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/   ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/ EmptyWed 02 Oct 2013, 5:58 am

I have an abnormal sleeve but totally different issue with not being able to eat enough due to it being paralysed. What does your surgeon say? I know a lady who was sleeved and then bypassed and still has no restriction due to complications and she gets so distressed understandably to have gone thru so much only to not lose weight. She has other health problems and desperately needs to lose the weight but nothing more can be done.

Is a bypass an option for you? I was changed to bypass to enable me to eat but normally it's an option if the sleeve wasn't enough for some. It's not as scary a a it sounds. I flat out refused at first but then had no choice.

Wishing you all the best
Xxx
Back to top Go down
Pumpkinbum
Pumpkinbum

Female

PostSubject: ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/   ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/ EmptyWed 02 Oct 2013, 4:06 am

Greetings All

Would really love to hear from others with abnormal sleeves ie not slim line like they should be like a banana mine has a pocket at the top more like a "P" as surgeon reckons I had too much scarring from Swedish band and he said it was too risky to cut it off so went around and left the pocket there :?

I am Day 8 and can tolerate liquids very well probably too well and am so scared I could easily go over 1000 calories with milk drinks, custards, ice creams etc - anyone else had this issue??

Awaiting some advice - obviously trying to stay away from  those foods is why I am here in the first place needing a sleeve just so scared of failing and yes I see a dietitian and have a psychologist but am so scared I will fail yet again andf at 42 and being fat my whole life I want for once in my life to have a healthy BMI :(

Regards

Heather

PS I am using fitnesspal and please feel free to add me I like to be accountable and yes I am very needey - my id is pumpkinbum2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/   ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/ Empty

Back to top Go down

ABNORMAL SLEEVE DUE TO BAND SCARRING :/
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: Complications With The Sleeve-
Jump to: