3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lexiswan
Lexiswan

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Finding the right Surgeon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding the right Surgeon   Finding the right Surgeon EmptyTue 21 Jan 2014, 12:50 am

Hi Leanne,

I'm not sure about the Melbourne surgeons, but my surgeon will be doing the staples and then the stitches. He said that it is a precautionary measure and reduces the possibility of leaks.

Hope that helps. Goodluck picking a surgeon!!
Back to top Go down
Jarrah
Part of the furniture
Jarrah

Female
Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Finding the right Surgeon   Finding the right Surgeon EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013, 11:54 am

Hi Leanne59 ... not sure about the stitches ... but Geoff did my sleeve and I've had a great run :)
All the best finding the answers to your question ... I'll be looking on with interest ;)
Back to top Go down
leanne59

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-09-30

PostSubject: Finding the right Surgeon   Finding the right Surgeon EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013, 6:50 am

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum. I have been thinking about having a Sleeve for a couple of years but I will be honest I am scared and worried about picking the right Surgeon. I live in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne and have heard about Dr Geoffrey Draper, Dr Stephen Blamey and Prof Paul O'Brien. I have seen the operation that Dr Draper does and after he staples he also stitches either end and then stitches some fat over the staple line, is this the same practice with all of the surgeons or just him. Looking forward to hearing coments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding the right Surgeon   Finding the right Surgeon Empty

Back to top Go down

Finding the right Surgeon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Medicare Assistance-
Jump to: