AuthorMessage
Lucky Lolli
Lucky Lolli

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Vomiting Empty
PostSubject: vomiting   Vomiting EmptySat 02 Nov 2013, 11:09 am

thanks Stuss, i found the chew slowly app which i hope to use while I eat my food, I havnt got my sleeve yet, but do see the importance of chewing, hopefully I wont have a problem with vomiting.....fingers crossed:35437876:
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey W
Part of the furniture
Geoffrey W

Male
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2013-10-24

Vomiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting   Vomiting EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013, 2:18 pm

Found the app. It's amazing what our phones can do
Back to top Go down
suzjd
suzjd

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2013-09-26

Vomiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting   Vomiting EmptyFri 11 Oct 2013, 5:34 am

Thanks Stuss28
I'll go and have another look.
Suz
Back to top Go down
stuss28
stuss28

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2013-05-17

Vomiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting   Vomiting EmptyFri 11 Oct 2013, 5:13 am

suzjd it is exactly that, its and app and its called eat slower .

It prompts you by buzzing or vibrating in between mouthfuls you can change the time I think most people have it for 1 or two mins that way you have time to really chew before the next mouthful.if you are out you can put it on vibrate so no one knows.
I have an iphone if you search Eat Slower it should definately come up and its free to download.

Hope that helps :)
Back to top Go down
suzjd
suzjd

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2013-09-26

Vomiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting   Vomiting EmptyThu 10 Oct 2013, 3:35 pm

stuss28 wrote:
Thanks sassyjane for your reply . Yeah thats what I seem to be doing if I have a bad night then the next night I try something softer seem to go well with saucey type foods such as chicken curry or tuna morney so may need to stick with them more often .
 I definately find its because I do tend to gulp it down knowing I have things to do at thattime of the night like kids ,bath and bed. I have actually downloaded the eat slower ap so have to remember to actually use it for dinner.
I have been really good with not drinking while eating but found on a couple of occassions especially when out that it has made me sick.
Stuss28 what is the eat slower app? I did a search but couldn't find it. I thought I might use it to get used to slower eating pre-op.
Back to top Go down
Melissaonearth

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-03-03

Vomiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting   Vomiting EmptyThu 10 Oct 2013, 12:25 pm

Hi guys - I am just over 10 months post op (sleeve). So happy with it and have lost 48 kgs so far. Every now and then I have issues with meals and end up vomiting, but drinking enough fluids remains a huge challenge for me, I always feel thirsty, but find that if I sip frequently, I have issues then eating as I am too full!!!! I also have some days where my hunger levels are at zero and I feel full very quickly, even after very small amounts of food -  does anyone else have this?

Melissa
Back to top Go down
Suzy77
Part of the furniture
Suzy77

Female
Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2012-08-28

Vomiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting   Vomiting EmptyThu 10 Oct 2013, 4:55 am

It can also be a stricture where you are healing up a bit too much. If approx 3-6 weeks post op the vomitting comes on suddenly and you can't keep anything even fluid down, call your doctor. It's a really easy painless fix through an endoscopy usually. I had this 4 times among other things. Often it's just your body adapting too so it's often to be expected. I've also had vomitting 17 times in one day once, had a 24hr in the hospital being rehydrated and then was fine again. They never found out way that happenned that time. So sometimes it's nothing at all.
Good luck
Xxx
Back to top Go down
stuss28
stuss28

Female

Vomiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting   Vomiting EmptyWed 09 Oct 2013, 11:23 am

Thanks sassyjane for your reply . Yeah thats what I seem to be doing if I have a bad night then the next night I try something softer seem to go well with saucey type foods such as chicken curry or tuna morney so may need to stick with them more often .
 I definately find its because I do tend to gulp it down knowing I have things to do at thattime of the night like kids ,bath and bed. I have actually downloaded the eat slower ap so have to remember to actually use it for dinner.
I have been really good with not drinking while eating but found on a couple of occassions especially when out that it has made me sick.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

Vomiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting   Vomiting EmptyTue 08 Oct 2013, 1:27 pm

Hi stuss, this may be a sign your stomach is not quite ready for more solid foods,as hard as it may sound go back to pureed or very soft foods for another couple of weeks,as we are different these mile stone stages can vary with all of us.if you don't feel comfortable in the stomach just go back a few paces,it happens to plenty of us on here,it should settle down.set a timer when you eat and make yourself last it out so you pace yourself a bit,that was the hardest thing I found not gobbling up everything fast.it is not recommended you drink with or straight after your meal as you are just washing your precious proteins and vitamins straight through,and your body needs these,try and wait the half hour if you can before having a drink.Chew your foods really well or blend them down a little,it will all settle down when your stomach is ready.
Back to top Go down
stuss28
stuss28

Female

Vomiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting   Vomiting EmptyTue 08 Oct 2013, 2:29 am

I was sleeved on the 9th August and have also found that since moving onto solid food this happens alot to me especially with my dinners .  

Breakfast and lunch I seem to be ok but for my dinner I bring it up more often than not.
 I find the reasons I bring up my dinner is because I either don't sit down and eat it slowly ,I don't chew it really well and its simply too solid to swallow and therefore ends up getting stuck.

I find that if it gets stuck try and get up and move around it will help it go down and do not try and wash it down with a drink this makes it ten times worst LOL .
 For me its usually like froth that comes up rather than the food itself . I have learnt that the froth is like saliva which the body produces to try and help it go down. 

Your not alone and  I am learning that slow and chew chew chew works :)
Back to top Go down
Luckygal

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-07-28

Vomiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting   Vomiting EmptyMon 07 Oct 2013, 4:35 pm

I got my sleeve done on 19 July and I have the same problem. I was fine before and now I have a lot of problems keeping anything down. I thought I was the only one. Now I've got a friend. 
It's quite worrying though. I have an appointment with the doctor at the end of the week and I'm writing down everything I eat and then how I feel. 
I burp ALOT all day long too.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

Vomiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting   Vomiting EmptyTue 17 Sep 2013, 10:26 pm

If I eat too much or don't chew properly I can vomit or gag abit. Have you discussed this with your surgeon? Do you have food intolerances? Sounds like you need the surgeon is do some investigation. Hope it gets better soon.
Back to top Go down
Jellybean
Jellybean

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-06-18

Vomiting Empty
PostSubject: Vomiting   Vomiting EmptyTue 17 Sep 2013, 5:41 pm

I had the sleeve done on the 24th July 2012. Didn't vomit at all in the hospital, since being on solid food most meals come straight back up still vomiting to this day. Some foods go down, then another day they won't. Has anyone got this problem?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vomiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting   Vomiting Empty

Back to top Go down

Vomiting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: Complications With The Sleeve-
Jump to: