13 posters
AuthorMessage
Winchester's Angel
Winchester's Angel

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2013-11-18

paper undies & shaving the bits  Empty
PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyTue 26 Nov 2013, 12:20 pm

I'm glad that Auntie Flo stopped visiting when I got my bar in (I've got an implanon in), but it's very good to know about the dark undies! :)

I must admit, this was something I hadn't even considered (having never really had major surgery like this), but now I know I can at least take precautions.

I love this site!!! :)

kiss
Back to top Go down
jagxclusive
Part of the furniture
jagxclusive

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2013-05-22

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyTue 26 Nov 2013, 10:45 am

I got mine when I came out of recovery ward. I am so glad I didn't use tampons. I was so near collapsing when I sat on the loo that I needed help to stand and put a pad on... and they came with a vengance, much heavier than usual over the entire time I was in hospital, up and down all night flooding, hooked up to drips going back and forth... gas pain, tummy pressure... I would not recommend tampons at all. Agree with Nini fully!
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyTue 26 Nov 2013, 9:08 am

Most hospitals I have worked for prefer you to use pads not tampons while under the anaesthetic. There are a few reasons for this, but mainly if you flood while asleep or in recovery ward the pads are much easier to change, if you are sick or really drowsy after the anaesthetic the tampon can get forgotten leading to the risk of toxic shock syndrome, and as SassyJane said if you have a bit of pain post op the tampons may be more difficult to change. 

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
B4RB13

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-11-15

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyTue 26 Nov 2013, 8:53 am

Thank you kindly ladies that's one less thing to stress about now Yay! paper undies & shaving the bits  217555
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyTue 26 Nov 2013, 8:44 am

hi thats good, i just added a bit to my earlier post about tampons,so just see how you will feel and which may be easier at the time too.
Back to top Go down
Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-05-21

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyTue 26 Nov 2013, 8:44 am

I just mentioned it to one of the nurses and she said it was ok to wear a tampon/pad and my own underwear :)
Back to top Go down
B4RB13

Female

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyTue 26 Nov 2013, 8:43 am

Im feeling much better about this now ! Thank you! :) 
sassyjane wrote:
Hi, no you wont need to cancel or anything,the medical teams are used to this happening,there are many surgeons/hospitals who let you leave your own knickers on,mine did which was great. Go in wearing your own knickers and a pad if there is a possibility you may start,just tell them why and they will be ok about it. Some hospitals make you put on the sexy blue chux like fabric undies which tie at the side,for quick release He He. I just wore soft cotton bikini undies,if you do that though make sure you wear black or a very dark colour as it may get iodine etc on them when you are being swabbed down.
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyTue 26 Nov 2013, 8:41 am

Hi, no you wont need to cancel or anything,the medical teams are used to this happening,there are many surgeons/hospitals who let you leave your own knickers on,mine did which was great. Go in wearing your own knickers and a pad if there is a possibility you may start,just tell them why and they will be ok about it. Some hospitals make you put on the sexy blue chux like fabric undies which tie at the side,for quick release He He. I just wore soft cotton bikini undies,if you do that though make sure you wear black or a very dark colour as it may get iodine etc on them when you are being swabbed down. Just going to add a bit about tampons,they are great as you cant see them but afterwards you may not be up to bending and stretching to the do the deed of getting them in or out,thats why a pad may be easier in the early days after surgery.

Last edited by sassyjane on Tue 26 Nov 2013, 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
B4RB13

Female

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyTue 26 Nov 2013, 8:38 am

Angel_Est1982 wrote:
I got mine the day of my op. Just put a tampon in right before surgery and changed it soon after.
 You really are a Angel! Thank you I was so concerned I would have to delay everything. Did you inform the surgeon?
Back to top Go down
Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyTue 26 Nov 2013, 8:36 am

I got mine the day of my op. Just put a tampon in right before surgery and changed it soon after.
Back to top Go down
B4RB13

Female

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyTue 26 Nov 2013, 8:34 am

So I'm booked for surgery on the 6th of feb and I'm a little concerned that Aunt Flo mayb be visiting at the same time. Has any one had any issues with this? Will I have to tell my doctor and delay the surgery ? Or am I just being stupid.
Back to top Go down
Val 007
Part of the furniture
Val 007

Female
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013, 9:58 am

If you are going to Greenslopes.  

Yep paper nickers will be supplied pre surgery, and you can take them of asap after Surgery.  As this is only key hole surgery babe you keep your nickers on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck, I guess you are using Justin Greenslade.

Val
Back to top Go down
del27
del27

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2013-07-05

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyThu 05 Sep 2013, 9:56 pm

So very glad i asked!

So i will go with my normal undies and i'm fine with free fanning and trixie i am going to greenslopes so one way or another there shouldn't be a need to worry.

Funny how that one small experience has stuck with me. 

love to you all for keeping me sane
xx
del
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyThu 05 Sep 2013, 9:04 am

Hi

I didn't ask, just wore my own and figured if I woke up without any on, they would have either taken them off or cut them off, which I figured was a small price to pay to be comfortable.

I have had multiple procedures and have not lost a pair of undies yet lol!!!!

G
Back to top Go down
Angel_Est1982
Part of the furniture
Angel_Est1982

Female

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyThu 05 Sep 2013, 6:14 am

I was able to keep my underwear on for the op. From what I remember, I wore black so it didn't matter if they got solution and stuff on it during the op.

I was scared that my size 26 bum wouldn't fit in paper undies either!

I wish you luck with it all :)
Back to top Go down
trixie

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyThu 05 Sep 2013, 4:20 am

Hi,

I went to Greenslopes and they gave me soft stretchy undies to put on. Compared to the paper ones of years ago these were very comfy. I was a size 22 and there was surprisingly heaps of room. They would have asily fit a size 26. If you are going to Greenslopes they are very well equipped to deal with us obese patients - the gowns were larger than regular too...
As obesity is an increasing problem most hospitals over recent years are becoming better equipped for the obese patients - I imagine most doing this surgery would have everything you will need in a size that will fit!
Cheers
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyWed 04 Sep 2013, 2:09 pm

Hi, I was allowed to wear my own knickers too, I was expecting those sexy tie at the side chux like duds,they are gross,look like a nappy gone wrong. Think most I have seen on the site have been able to wear their own which is great as its way more comfortable.
I just made sure I had black knickers so at least you don't get a shock from any stains of their sterilising solutions.
Back to top Go down
AuntyEz194
Part of the furniture
AuntyEz194

Female
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2013-05-08

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyWed 04 Sep 2013, 1:34 pm

I wasn't allowed to wear knickers... Had to go naked lol

I also had to shave my tummy area as I was a little hairy there...
Back to top Go down
Roxygal

Female
Registration date : 2013-04-27

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyWed 04 Sep 2013, 1:08 pm

My hospital let me wear my own underwear :)
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyWed 04 Sep 2013, 12:51 pm

I can't even remember if I wore knickers or not in my op 

The one thing i remember was a couple of days post op I was cold and managed to get into some trackies but didnt wear knickers underneath. Them the nurse came in to give me the shot ( the one for avioding blood clots ) but seeing it was just on thigh she didnt pull the curtain. Luckily I was able to stop and say umm curtain plz 1st lol
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyWed 04 Sep 2013, 12:05 pm

Howdy Del27,

No question is too silly - you don't know unless you ask. 

When I went  to theatre I had to take everything off and just put on a hospital gown, elastic white stockings and a lovely warm dressing gown. Everything else was "au natural".   You could always  ask the hospital if you can keep your own knickers on. As long as you don't mind if they get stained by the antiseptic solution they paint you with. 

When you go into the theatre the nurses actually completely cover you with sterile green drapes and only your head and the bit of  tummy to be operated on is exposed. Hope this helps.

cheers Nini.
Back to top Go down
del27
del27

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2013-07-05

PostSubject: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  EmptyWed 04 Sep 2013, 11:48 am

Sorry to be obvious, naive and little silly   but i need to know about the bits during surgery.

Last time i went to hospital for a surgery they gave me paper undies to put on and they wouldn't fit (nope not even close).   It was such a humiliating experience that i am dreading this happening again.   But then i think it'll be right because there's no little people having this surgery.

So do you have to wear those paper undies? - i'm about a size 26 bum, will they fit?

and while i'm asking, did any shaving need to take place?  

thanks for your frank and fearless answers :)

del
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: paper undies & shaving the bits    paper undies & shaving the bits  Empty

Back to top Go down

paper undies & shaving the bits
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: Guys, Girls & Relationships :: Secret Women's Business-
Jump to: