lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

Eating after surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating after surgery   Eating after surgery EmptyTue 03 Sep 2013, 5:18 am

Surgery doesn't help the mental-emotional aspect of eating. It helps physically to a degree, yes, smaller portions especially at the beginning. Even now over 1 yr out I can't have big portions otherwise I will feel very sick. I can eat sweet/junk etc but once again if I eat too much I suffer for it. The sleeve helps, gives weight loss a kick in the gut so we lose lots quickly then it starts to settle and it takes more of an effort but it is possible.

I don't anyone should think of the sleeve as a miracle cure and the be all and end all. It is still hard work.

You can do it, the sleeve is a good helper
Back to top Go down
sandygee
Part of the furniture
sandygee

Female
Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2013-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Eating after surgery   Eating after surgery EmptyTue 03 Sep 2013, 3:50 am

Hi Sarah

Yes, you will still be able to eat a whole range of lovely foods both healthy & not so healthy. Just not vast quantities. If you binge you will probably throw up. Some people lose the taste for chocolate and other sweet foods. Some people also get 'dumping' from sweets/chocolates/icecream etc. Unfortunately chocolate still goes down really easily for me. I don't think I have a bad relationship with food & I am not an emotional eater I just used to love big portions and was always hungry.

Maybe, if you know you have an emotional aspect to your overeating or bingeing it might be a good idea to see a psychologist for a little while. Some surgeons actually require you to have a certain amount of sessions with a psychologist as part of their surgery package -some don't. Your GP should be able to write you up for a 'care plan' which will give you 5 visits to a psychologist for a much cheaper price.

have you been to any of the Brisbane get-togethers? There is one on this Saturday at the Coffee Club near IKEA at 1:30. All welcome, pre-sleevers, newbies, interested others.

Good Luck with your surgery

Sandy
Back to top Go down
sarah84

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-08-15

PostSubject: Eating after surgery   Eating after surgery EmptyTue 03 Sep 2013, 12:35 am

Hi everyone

I have not had my surgery yet but I have a question for those that have....basically I am overweight because I like the way food tastes and I over eat because of it.....and because im addicted to chocolate *sigh* i understand that after the surgery I physically wont be able to eat much but will it help the the binge and emotional eating side of things?? I dont want to have the sugery and then fail because I cant get my eating habbits under control.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eating after surgery   Eating after surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

Eating after surgery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: