Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bailey1275

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2013-02-22

what is the best to order?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the best to order?    what is the best to order?  EmptyWed 28 Aug 2013, 5:53 am

I went out to lunch with friends for the first time since surgery last week ... I ordered a "small" caesar salad as I can barely manage a tablespoon of meat products ... when it came out it was absolutely massive.

I barely made a dent in it. It felt like a waste and I was asked by staff if I didn't like it.  It was very yummy just way too much for me even pre-surgery days.  I just told my friends (none know about the surgery) that I wasn't particularly hungry and left it at that.

I found the same today I ordered a small salad and a some cottage pie - made it very clear I wanted just a tiny serving - again I got a massive serving.

I am beginning to find it easier now not worry too much about the food left on my plate - I was brought up in a house were I used to feel I had to clean the plate to avoid waste.

I have also found I can't say "I am starving" and then only eat a two or three mouthfuls and then declare I am stuffed - it is a dead give away ... lol
Back to top Go down
sassyjane
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 557
Registration date : 2012-11-04

PostSubject: Re: what is the best to order?    what is the best to order?  EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013, 11:13 am

Hi Auntyez,if we go out anywhere I always order an entrée size meal and most other people you are out with don't even notice the size difference,if I leave anything which most times I do my partner finishes it off for me.Not many notice if you leave a little on a entrée plate any way as they do at least know you have eaten.I can pretty much eat anything but it is the size of it that is the big difference. Others will at least know you have ordered a meal,the size of it should be nothing to do with them any way,you will be eating it.Hope you have a great time so enjoy the day.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: what is the best to order?    what is the best to order?  EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013, 9:46 am

maybe some veggies and soft meat. could always get some fish (if its battered take the batter off) and veg or salad. if you are worried about waste see if you can take the leftovers home.
Back to top Go down
AuntyEz194
Part of the furniture
AuntyEz194

Female
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2013-05-08

PostSubject: Re: what is the best to order?    what is the best to order?  EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013, 8:04 am

I know a lot of people that just opt for soup when they go out for dinner because then it doesn't matter if you don't eat it all and you feel you aren't wasting food you know?

but I don't know about you, but I cant stand soup at the moment! lol
Back to top Go down
jaleci12

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2013-05-04

PostSubject: what is the best to order?    what is the best to order?  EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013, 2:48 am

I will b going out for lunch soon with people that dont know about my op. One has actually had the band. I am 7 weeks and can eat everything but am wondering whst I should order to keep under the radar. Meats fill me up too quick....should I go salad or stirfry?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is the best to order?    what is the best to order?  Empty

Back to top Go down

what is the best to order?
Page 1 of 1