AuthorMessage
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Hi from Canberra :-) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Canberra :-)   Hi from Canberra :-) EmptyTue 05 May 2009, 6:20 am

Allo fellow canberran :)

My name is Kyles and I am waiting for the sleeve too...I was all for the band until I went to the info night, looks like you and I feel the same :)

I will be waiting alongside you for a bit...I actually got my date today - 22nd September...yipee, that was after I responded to your other post...lol

NEWS UPDATE - 2 new hot mummas emerging in ACT very soon
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Canberra :-)   Hi from Canberra :-) EmptyMon 20 Apr 2009, 1:13 pm

Hi Chrysta, welcome to the forum. Some people have outlined why they chose a band over a sleeve in their diaries so read up in that section (I know Chrisbychic is one of them). Also use the search function for band, lapband etc to find posts on that topic. Many people on this forum started with a band and went to a sleeve due to complications with their bands so you will be able to read up on that too.

That said, a colleage at work has had a band in for a few years and had great results. Your decision entirely!

I can think of two people on this forum that have had a bypass as well but can't really give you much information on that.
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Canberra :-)   Hi from Canberra :-) EmptyMon 20 Apr 2009, 1:08 pm

Chrysta. You've come to just the right place.
Read all you can and you will learn everything you probably ever wanted to know about the sleeve.
Good luck with your journey and with making a decision. Please keep us updated on your progress and feel free to ask as many questions as you like. There's always someone willing to answer.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Hi from Canberra :-)   Hi from Canberra :-) EmptyMon 20 Apr 2009, 12:58 pm

Hi from Canberra :-) 355206

I am new here to this site and am hoping to get alot of info to help me choose which way I'm planning to go. I was at first going to go the band but am now really looking at the sleeve mostly or even bypass ( that one scares me so I don't know). It would be great to hear both the good and the bad that everyone has had so I can go in with an opened mind and be awear of all that can happen. I have half of me to lose (55kg) so it is a big life changing thing that I'm doing and also for my children as they have never seen what I looked like before I had them. I have 6 months before I see the surgeon it's all seeming surreal now.

Best wishes to all
Hi from Canberra :-) 618285
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Canberra :-)   Hi from Canberra :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Canberra :-)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: