AuthorMessage
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Wedding 9 days post-surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding 9 days post-surgery   Wedding 9 days post-surgery EmptySun 19 Apr 2009, 8:07 am

hey leethal

i am sure whoever is paying for the wedding would appreciate a phone call in regards to your meal as they will be paying for a 3 course meal for you! most caterers are happy to accomodate anyone with special dietry needs if told in advance and they could probably organise a simple soup for you. otherwise take a cup of soup packet in your pocket as nearly everyone has a tea and coffee set up somewhere.

something that might be helpful. i was just at a wedding myself and was able to enjoy the punch by mixing it 50-50 with water. the water made the softdrink in punch go flat and was quite easy to drink. after 9 days of liquids i bet you will enjoy the gooy fruit at the bottom to!

cheers
tracey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wedding 9 days post-surgery   Wedding 9 days post-surgery EmptySun 19 Apr 2009, 7:41 am

Hi leethal,

9 days hey...typically its 2 weeks liquid then 2 weeks mushie, so at 9 days you will most likley still be on liquid, wishing you'd never heard of it, lol! You also won't be able to eat much anyway at that stage.

If you don't mind the whole world knowing you've had WLS it might be worth telling them so they can have something for you organised. If you don't want anyone to know, that will be hard. I guess you could descreetly take something in a small thermos and quietly explain to the server that you've just had surgery and are on a restricted diet, which is quite common after surgery. They will probably be happy to accomodate you.

Other than that...hmmm...if you were on mushie i'd say carefully eat a very small amount at a time and chew the begeebers out of it, so its well and truely liquid before you swallow it. But still on liquid, pay extra attention to whats in your mouth and make really sure there are no lumps. And also don't wash your food down with a drink, especially a corbonated one. You're little tummy will only be new and you'll have to baby it along for several weeks post surgery.

As for weather or not you'll be up to it. Thats an individual thing. I was up and running before i was even allowed out of hospital. A lot of people are still getting around like a poor old cripple at that stage. It really varies from person to person. If you take it easy and don't rush anywhere you should be ok :)

Gosh, that was a long answer, i hope it helped! wow
Back to top Go down
Leethal
Leethal

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Wedding 9 days post-surgery   Wedding 9 days post-surgery EmptySun 19 Apr 2009, 6:32 am

Hi all,

I will be attending a wedding 9 days after my surgery. I assume I will be on liquid/mushy stage - any suggestions? Should I let them know in advance in case there is nothing there I can have? I assume I will be up to it after 9 days - how was everyone else going after this time?

Thanks...

Lee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wedding 9 days post-surgery   Wedding 9 days post-surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

Wedding 9 days post-surgery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: