AuthorMessage
veronica simcoe
Part of the furniture
veronica simcoe

Female
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Hello from perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from perth   Hello from perth EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013, 2:02 am

btgirl wrote:
Hi Bubbles, I am going great, food choices are now better being on puree, no pain on discomfort with sleeping , starting to have more energy. All in all happy with my recovery , I am finding I can now have 4-5 large mouthfuls of water and swallow them without any discomfort this is great as it was on of my biggest hurdles in deciding to get the sleeve as I love to scull a big glass of water and the thought that I may only be able to sip sip sip was a negative for me but is now all good.
Love Btirl

That's great to hear BTgirl because Im like you, love my water and drink loads of it so I was also worried about this, hopefully I will be the same
Back to top Go down
Lubelu
Lubelu

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2013-07-15

Hello from perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from perth   Hello from perth EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013, 1:42 am

Bubbles1984 wrote:
Lubelu wrote:
Hello from perth 542174 
 Hi!!!
I'm getting sleeved by dr Jon Armstrong on August 6. I felt very comfortable with him when I first met him. He came highly recommended and I was happy with what he had to say. I start my pre op diet next week. I'm feeling a little nervous about it but I'm excited.

Hi Lubelu!
May as be so bold as to ask what it is costing you for Jon Armstrong to perform the surgery?  I rang to make an appointment to see him yesterday, but i left it a bit late in the day and they were shut!

Hi Bubbles...
My initial appointment was $200
He has quoted me around $4000 i cant find the quote he gave me) but that's not including anesthesiologist or hospital. 
I have an appointment with the anesthesiologist in a weeks time and i was quoted my out of pocket would be $800

I've been told by a few of his other clients that i would be out of pocket around $6000 all up, including appointments and hospital.
I know he is one of the more expensive drs in Perth, but in saying that he has an excellent success rate, so that was important to me. 

Ill have to find the August group and check in there. The surgery cant come soon enough. but im not looking forward to preop optifast diet.... not too excited about that

Hello from perth 878453
Back to top Go down
Http://diaryofagastricsleever.com.au
Bubbles1984
Part of the furniture
Bubbles1984

Female
Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Hello from perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from perth   Hello from perth EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013, 1:00 am

btgirl wrote:
Hi Bubbles, I am going great, food choices are now better being on puree, no pain on discomfort with sleeping , starting to have more energy. All in all happy with my recovery , I am finding I can now have 4-5 large mouthfuls of water and swallow them without any discomfort this is great as it was on of my biggest hurdles in deciding to get the sleeve as I love to scull a big glass of water and the thought that I may only be able to sip sip sip was a negative for me but is now all good.
Love Btirl

Hey Btgirl!  I can  now see your ticker - wow 10kgs in how long?!  Congratulations!!  

Ladies, what I am worried about is this:  you have all obviously been through all the diets under the sun, as have I, but you know when you start a new diet (lets use body trim as my example diet) and you have to detox and you get the headaches, and the nausea, and the "what the heck am i doings", do you get that once you are out of surgery?  I know there is a recovery time, and i can deal with that, but what i dont want is that feeling once you are recovered.  Does any of that make sense?
Back to top Go down
Bubbles1984
Part of the furniture
Bubbles1984

Female

Hello from perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from perth   Hello from perth EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013, 12:56 am

Lubelu wrote:
Hello from perth 542174 
 Hi!!!
I'm getting sleeved by dr Jon Armstrong on August 6. I felt very comfortable with him when I first met him. He came highly recommended and I was happy with what he had to say. I start my pre op diet next week. I'm feeling a little nervous about it but I'm excited.

Hi Lubelu!
May as be so bold as to ask what it is costing you for Jon Armstrong to perform the surgery?  I rang to make an appointment to see him yesterday, but i left it a bit late in the day and they were shut!
Back to top Go down
AuntyEz194
Part of the furniture
AuntyEz194

Female
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2013-05-08

Hello from perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from perth   Hello from perth EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013, 12:24 am

Hi Lubelu, come over to the August thread and say hello... :)

Hi bubbles! good luck with your appointment and hopefully you get a date soon! :)
xxx
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Hello from perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from perth   Hello from perth EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013, 12:23 am

Love Btirl
Back to top Go down
Lubelu
Lubelu

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2013-07-15

Hello from perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from perth   Hello from perth EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013, 9:43 pm

Hello from perth 542174 
 Hi!!!
Back to top Go down
Http://diaryofagastricsleever.com.au
Bubbles1984
Part of the furniture
Bubbles1984

Female

Hello from perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from perth   Hello from perth EmptySat 13 Jul 2013, 1:06 pm

Hi ladies! Veronica how come you're waiting so long? How long is the wait ATM? Are you in perth?
Btgirl how are you finding it after the surgery
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Hello from perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from perth   Hello from perth EmptySat 13 Jul 2013, 11:28 am

All the best Bubbles, I was done just over two weeks ago and have had a good run.
Love Btgirl
Back to top Go down
veronica simcoe
Part of the furniture
veronica simcoe

Female
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Hello from perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from perth   Hello from perth EmptySat 13 Jul 2013, 10:25 am

Hi Bubbles, welcome and you will find heaps of help here, Im still waiting for my sleeve, hopefully November
Back to top Go down
Bubbles1984
Part of the furniture
Bubbles1984

Female

Hello from perth Empty
PostSubject: Hello from perth   Hello from perth EmptySat 13 Jul 2013, 10:23 am

Hi everyone! I've been reading a few threads on here lately. Just got my referral last night to see Jon Armstrong in perth. Made the decision to get something done about my weight. Fingers crossed this will be smooth sailing :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from perth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from perth   Hello from perth Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from perth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: