BecsMum
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jasmellea

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-10-03

What I considered 'liquid'?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I considered 'liquid'??   What I considered 'liquid'?? EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013, 12:56 pm

I was allowed jelly in hospital. I have a lot of smoothies with yoghurt, banana, milk and up and go. Straight up and go makes me gag. Optifast tasted ooookkkk but again the thickness makes me gag even diluted into 400ml of milk. I have licked the pan juices from cooking for the kids and licked sauce, sweet and sour sauce for some flavour. I have diluted plain vanilla yoghurt so I can drink it. I like soups but getting it pureed and thin enough is tricky. I end up straining it. Bought some premade soups from the fresh section at coles for tommorrow.i spent just over a week in hospital whiched helped as you could only eat what they gave you. Being home and cooking for the kids it is so hard as everything I can't have looks so good.  Cant wait for the puree stage
Back to top Go down
The new me

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-05-30

PostSubject: Re: What I considered 'liquid'??   What I considered 'liquid'?? EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013, 5:20 am

BecsMum wrote:
I have my op next week and have to do liquid 2-3weeks after. What things are 'liquid'? I'm curious about diet mousse, it's not liquid as such but turns into basically that in your mouth, or does that wait or purée stage? 
The list my dietician gave was quite vague and I won't see them until 3 weeks after!
My hospital Gastric sleeve dietary information booklet stated for three weeks post op you can have optifast shakes:asdf: , drinking yoghurt, sanitarium up&go, clear soup, diet cordial, tea/coffee, diet jelly etc practically anything you can suck through a straw as long as it is low sugar,low fat just use your imagination.
Back to top Go down
Jussinger
Jussinger

Female
Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-10-20

PostSubject: Re: What I considered 'liquid'??   What I considered 'liquid'?? EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013, 10:46 am

I liked thin custard and cups of tea, hot chocolate and milky drinks like ice coffee. It's good for getting protein up too. good luck!
Back to top Go down
BecsMum
BecsMum

Male
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: What I considered 'liquid'??   What I considered 'liquid'?? EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013, 10:14 am

Oh god... how the heck am I going to last another 3 weeks on bloody opti (well i'm not, i just can NOT afford to buy it) and broth..... well at least I shouldn't FEEL hungry :( the head hunger is going to be the hardest part i think.
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: What I considered 'liquid'??   What I considered 'liquid'?? EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013, 9:59 am

your mousse and jelly are Puree stage not liquid stage
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: What I considered 'liquid'??   What I considered 'liquid'?? EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013, 9:57 am

the liquid stage is anything that can pass thru a straw. There should be no chewing or dissolving foods. very thin liquids drinks opti shakes broths.
Back to top Go down
BecsMum
BecsMum

Male

PostSubject: Re: What I considered 'liquid'??   What I considered 'liquid'?? EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013, 9:11 am

Thanks, I guess I was thinking if Jelly can be considered to be "liquid" then in my mind mousse (or mouse LOL) could be too! LOL. Just trying to think of as many different things as I can for when i'm struggling. I really don't like soup very much, so worried about what on earth i'm going to be eating LOL ;)
Back to top Go down
jaleci12

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2013-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What I considered 'liquid'??   What I considered 'liquid'?? EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013, 8:16 am

Hope you not eating mouse lol I meant mousse!
Back to top Go down
jaleci12

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2013-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What I considered 'liquid'??   What I considered 'liquid'?? EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013, 8:15 am

I am on clear fluids in hospital, so that is anything you can see through, the on nourishing fluid after for a couple weeks which can be anything in liquid form that u can suck u a straw... like opti shakes, soups with no chunky bits ect. mouse would b in puree stage.
Back to top Go down
BecsMum
BecsMum

Male

PostSubject: What I considered 'liquid'??   What I considered 'liquid'?? EmptyWed 10 Jul 2013, 7:50 am

I have my op next week and have to do liquid 2-3weeks after. What things are 'liquid'? I'm curious about diet mousse, it's not liquid as such but turns into basically that in your mouth, or does that wait or purée stage? 
The list my dietician gave was quite vague and I won't see them until 3 weeks after!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I considered 'liquid'??   What I considered 'liquid'?? Empty

Back to top Go down

What I considered 'liquid'??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: