6 posters
AuthorMessage
crafty05
crafty05

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-05-15

How to choose the best Sydney surgeon? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best Sydney surgeon?   How to choose the best Sydney surgeon? EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013, 1:12 pm

HI

I also went through SIOS, I was banded through there by Dr Taylor, I have a testimonial on his page.. lol. Dr Talbot did the revision from Band to Bypass, taking the band out in Feb and bypass in May.. both Drs are brilliant.
Back to top Go down
crafty05
crafty05

Female

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best Sydney surgeon?   How to choose the best Sydney surgeon? EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013, 1:12 pm

HI

I also went through SIOS, I was banded through there by Dr Taylor, I have a testimonial on his page.. lol. Dr Talbot did the revision from Band to Bypass, taking the band out in Feb and bypass in May.. both Drs are brilliant.
Back to top Go down
crafty05
crafty05

Female

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best Sydney surgeon?   How to choose the best Sydney surgeon? EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

HI

Back to top Go down
Katzor
Katzor

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2012-12-21

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best Sydney surgeon?   How to choose the best Sydney surgeon? EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013, 12:37 pm

Hi there,

I chose my surgeon as he introduced the VGS procedure into Australia, he has made multiple TV appearences, written in over 50 medical journals and is extreamly well renound in the field of bariatric surgery. He also has never had a patient 'leak'. Hence, I chose him.

I was done by Dr Reginald V Lord out of St Vincents Clinic - he's amazing!
Back to top Go down
rascally
rascally

Female
Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best Sydney surgeon?   How to choose the best Sydney surgeon? EmptyTue 09 Jul 2013, 6:37 am

I went to SIOS on recommendation of a friend who had an early sleeve with Dr Talbot and then a later revision to gastric bypass.
After my initial appointment there another friend was sleeved through SIOS with Dr Kuzinkovas.

It took me a year to decide on the surgery and I booked in with Dr Kuzinkovas.  he has such a lovely manner, and has worked with cancer patients before moving into bariatric surgery, so has a lot of experience with the different problems with upper GI.  Plus also, just a lovely manner (did I mention that already?).

Another thing which worked for me is that he works from St George Private hospital which has been recognised as a Centre of Excellence for bariatric surgery.  Oh, and also, on grilling him how many of his patients have had problems, and his response being 2 out of 400, and those two having problems due to not following the post-op eating plan strictly, that helped.

Make sure that's a question you ask, "How many of your patients of this surgery have had post-op problems? And what were those problems? And what caused them?"
Back to top Go down
NorthSydney

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-07-08

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best Sydney surgeon?   How to choose the best Sydney surgeon? EmptyTue 09 Jul 2013, 5:42 am

TinTin wrote:
I wanted a surgeon who operated in a hospital reasonably close to home, and whose clinic was not too far for follow up appointments. I knew I would need to take an hour or 2 off work every time I had an apt, so it was important that this was not a hassle.

I met 2 surgeons, and knew when I met the second one that he was right for me. I didn't trust the first one I met.

Thanks so much! Any chance you'd be prepared to PM with the names of #1 and #2?
I'd like to make an appointment, and your research maybe could help me decide faster/better.
Back to top Go down
TinTin
TinTin

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-01-30

PostSubject: How to choose the best Sydney surgeon?   How to choose the best Sydney surgeon? EmptyTue 09 Jul 2013, 5:20 am

I wanted a surgeon who operated in a hospital reasonably close to home, and whose clinic was not too far for follow up appointments. I knew I would need to take an hour or 2 off work every time I had an apt, so it was important that this was not a hassle.

I met 2 surgeons, and knew when I met the second one that he was right for me. I didn't trust the first one I met.
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best Sydney surgeon?   How to choose the best Sydney surgeon? EmptyTue 09 Jul 2013, 4:15 am

I have to admit I didnt research surgeons but i am not a shopper. I see what I like I buy.

I went with DR Taylor at the Oclinic because 
* He works close to my mums place- I live 6 hours from sydney in rural area so no matter where I went it would equal travel. This way i could stay with my mum
* His web page had all the info I wanted.
* Plus reading hear confirmed my decision.

go to the surgeons section as well to help with your choices
Back to top Go down
NorthSydney

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-07-08

PostSubject: How to choose the best Sydney surgeon?   How to choose the best Sydney surgeon? EmptyTue 09 Jul 2013, 2:33 am

Hello all,

New to the forum and keen to get my act together... this has been a long time coming.
I have weighed > 100 kg for about 10 years now, and am currently sitting at 115 kgs. That's a BMI of 42. The weight has created some self-esteem issues, and reduce social confidence. I have been an over-eater my whole life, but due to an extremely sporty childhood I was super fit and slim until lifestyle changed in the late teen years. Now mid-30's, I am determined to reclaim the body and fitness I used to take for granted.

So, Sydneysiders, after all your research, how did you choose a surgeon/team?

Thanks heaps!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to choose the best Sydney surgeon?   How to choose the best Sydney surgeon? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to choose the best Sydney surgeon?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: