Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jaleci12

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2013-05-04

Colds and surgery. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colds and surgery.   Colds and surgery. EmptyWed 03 Jul 2013, 2:33 am

let us know what happens, I am same as you, I have my up booked 12th of this month and my kids have just got colds. Think I will dose up on garlic and hope for best!!
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female
Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Colds and surgery. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colds and surgery.   Colds and surgery. EmptyTue 02 Jul 2013, 8:57 am

Hi, 
If you are feeling under the weather or have any doubt, talk to anaesthetist. Really don't risk it if you are unwell. 
i had surgery (hysterectomy) postponed twice because of a cold which really annoyed me at the time, but after full abdominal surgery I was so pleased the anaesthetist had been so careful!
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Colds and surgery. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colds and surgery.   Colds and surgery. EmptyMon 01 Jul 2013, 7:32 am

Hey Miss Violet,
Good luck for wednesday....
Dose up with garlic, lemon and honey and as Nini said anaesthetist will check you are safe for anaesthetic preop, but if you are worried give your surgeons rooms a call and ask them.
Linda
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

Colds and surgery. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colds and surgery.   Colds and surgery. EmptySun 30 Jun 2013, 2:46 pm

Hi Miss Violet,

If it's only a bit of a sniffle - runny nose kind of thing you should be OK. If it's in your chest, coughing up phlegm and a temperature that could be a problem. Usually the anaesthetist will check you out to give the go ahead or postpone you.

This year I had the Flu vax to try to reduce the risk of getting a bad bug before surgery.

all the best for Wednesday,

Nini
Back to top Go down
MissViolet
MissViolet

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-05-02

Colds and surgery. Empty
PostSubject: Colds and surgery.   Colds and surgery. EmptySun 30 Jun 2013, 2:27 pm

Whats the go with having a cold and surgery, will they still operate?

My kids have runny noses and cough at night, just don't want to get it, I have surgery on Wednesday!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Colds and surgery. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colds and surgery.   Colds and surgery. Empty

Back to top Go down

Colds and surgery.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: