Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chereign

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2013-03-16

Waiting to be approved for concord Empty
PostSubject: Waiting to be approved for concord   Waiting to be approved for concord EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 6:29 am

Hi All,
I recently had my appointment with Craig Taylor and am plodding through the process to hopefully get approved for surgery at concord hospital... I have my dietician and psychiatrist appointment in July then wait for the metabolic clinic to get back to me with an appointment...
I am just wondering how long people waited after the metabolic clinic to find out if they had been approved or not and has anyone been declined surgery at concord recently??? I have sleep apnoea and am hoping this will be enough for approval...
Any thoughts on the process would be welcomed Waiting to be approved for concord 542174
Back to top Go down
hopeful22912
hopeful22912

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to be approved for concord   Waiting to be approved for concord EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 8:44 am

Hi Chereign
I had my appointment with DR Taylor yesterday am booked infor the op on  25th July I have my dietician appointment in the school hols,  excuse my ignorance what is the metabolic clinic
N
Back to top Go down
chereign

Female

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to be approved for concord   Waiting to be approved for concord EmptySat 29 Jun 2013, 6:16 am

Hi Hopeful,

I have only recently signed up for PHI and am not keen on waiting the year for it to kick in so I am trying to get approved to be done at the concord hospital instead, but it means a heap of bureaucratic BS to get approved (the metabolic clinic) :)

I am not actually sure what it involves but hopefully will have an appt there in august and if approved surgery not to long after :)

I have the dietician on the 18th of July along with psych apt

Is he not the nicest man ever??? I was so impressed!!! Im a theatre nurse, so used to surly surgeons, but he is just so nice :)
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to be approved for concord   Waiting to be approved for concord EmptySat 29 Jun 2013, 6:48 am

You find out on the day of your appointment with the Metabolic Obesity Clinic. If they say yes then you can call the OClinic to book your op straight away. The longest part of the wait is for the appointment at the Obesity Clinic. The first Dr I saw didn't want to approve me so I insisted and pleaded and she sent me in to see the head of the clinic. She was so nice and when I told her my reasons she said she would suggest to the other Dr to say yes. So after about 2 hours there I finally got approved but I had to push for it. Good Luck.
Tash
Back to top Go down
chereign

Female

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to be approved for concord   Waiting to be approved for concord EmptySat 29 Jun 2013, 7:18 am

Thanks for the reply Tash, I had no idea that they gave you an answer on the day of your appt at the metabolic clinic, that is great news :)

Its just such a long process, its driving me crazy LOL
Back to top Go down
hopeful22912
hopeful22912

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to be approved for concord   Waiting to be approved for concord EmptySat 29 Jun 2013, 7:34 am

Thanks for the info  Chereign, wishing you all the best hopefully you will get your date straight up and not have to wait.
Nita
Back to top Go down
chereign

Female

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to be approved for concord   Waiting to be approved for concord EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013, 7:40 am

So I finally got my appointment for the metabolic clinic but it isn't until September :( gutted and then probably not surgery until November, its just toooo long lol
Back to top Go down
chereign

Female

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to be approved for concord   Waiting to be approved for concord EmptySun 04 Aug 2013, 10:14 pm

Hi Tash,

I was just wondering if you have any advice on what they ask you at the metabolic clinic??

I would like to be slightly prepared for what to expect when I go, my appointment has actually been brought forward to the 12th of August..... YAY!!!

What do you think makes them decide whether to approve or not approve???

Cheers Donna
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to be approved for concord   Waiting to be approved for concord EmptyMon 05 Aug 2013, 12:43 pm

Don't worry Donna. If you have a BMI over 40 and some other co morbidities then they will probably approve you straight out. This is the criteria apparently. Good Luck
Tash xx
Back to top Go down
cat6761
cat6761

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-09-28

PostSubject: concord hospital?   Waiting to be approved for concord EmptyFri 04 Oct 2013, 1:42 am

Hi I am seeing surgeon in nov, he operates at concord, I to have just joined phi..
is there a public list at concord, or is it cheaper? 
Im very confused about all of this any help would be welcomed. Vx:234668:
Back to top Go down
kaz62

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2014-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to be approved for concord   Waiting to be approved for concord EmptyThu 30 Oct 2014, 6:58 am

HI,

I am going through Dr Taylor at the OClinic. I had my initial appointment with his consultant a few months ago. They then gave me the paperwork for my super. I filled all that in and when it was approved I then went back to the clinic and saw Dr Taylor, the psych and the dietitian. I then transferred my payment and have been given a date for Concord hospital. It took about a week for me to get the date after I saw Dr Taylor and the team. I have never had an appointment at Concord and the receptionist from the clinic told me that I will receive paperwork from the hospital with instructions. I have my pre op appointment at the clinic on November 12th with the consultant, so approx one month prior to the surgery date they have given me.

I just hope that everything goes according to plan because I would be heart broken if I were to be told they couldn't do the surgery at Concord.

Cheers Karen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting to be approved for concord   Waiting to be approved for concord Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting to be approved for concord
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Hospitals-
Jump to: