AuthorMessage
veronica simcoe
Part of the furniture
veronica simcoe

Female
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2013-02-26

HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!! Empty
PostSubject: Heaps of them   HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!! EmptySat 22 Jun 2013, 9:19 am

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:5674:

Easyslim 3 times
Weight Watchers 5 times worked also but once I stopped going cos I could do it myself stacked it on again HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!! 595690
Jenny Craig 4 times worked every time but I couldn't afford to keep going and then just stacked it back on again Boggled
The Natural Way once
Cohens 3 times
Soup diet 2 times
Body Trim 4 times
Opti fast and slim as well
Think there were more but cant quite remember them anymore, some of those fad ones that are in the magazines
Back to top Go down
jaleci12

Female
Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2013-05-04

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!!   HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!! EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 3:27 pm

I love this topic!!
haha think I have almost done them all!

easy slim
weight watchers twice
sure slim
HCG diet ( injecting hormones plus 500 cal/ day)
metabolism centre
personal training
dieticians (few times)
my own low carb diet
body trim
tony ferguson
GP's medications

so many failures... no wonder I feel so bad about my self! Cnat wait to have my sleeve and restart myself!
Back to top Go down
rascally
rascally

Female
Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2013-05-28

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!!   HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!! EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 1:07 pm

To my shame and utmost embarrassment, I was one of those suckers who fell for the whole Swisslim thing.

WHich was basically a low calorie diet, plus going in twice a week to be wrapped in either cold bandages (apparently shivering was meant to make you lose weight), and warm bandages (felt nice I guess??)

I was young then. lol.

Many attempts at Weight Watchers.  Never worked after the first couple of weeks, but looking back I think it's because there was just too many carbs in that plan for me.

I did lose a stack of kgs in 2010 with a personal trainer and a high protein/low carb diet.  I plateaued for months at around the 108kg mark, and I figured I could keep doing it by myself ($220/fortnight was expensive paying rent and servicing a mortgage)... except once I stopped going, I couldn't keep it off.  Put nearly all of it back on in 2 years.  

Jenny Craig.  Body for Life. Lite n Easy. Diet Factory.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!!   HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!! EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 11:34 am

I did Weight Watchers when they did home delivery meals, it was pretty good though. Lite n Easy was and is convenient but too many carbs, wish it was more balanced that way.

Also had a book that you flipped over pages to match brekkie, lunch, dinner. It was by an Aussie woman and focused on lowering fat content.

Do you remember the book 'Stop the Insanity'? Once again based on lowering fat intake. Hell, I read so many so-called health/fad diet books
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!!   HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!! EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 10:17 am

I did opti before you could buy it in shops and you had to go to a clinic and have a script written. It was 5 opti a day, no fruit or veg and it was a 3 month program. This was 13 years ago.
Btgirl
Back to top Go down
BecsMum
BecsMum

Male
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!!   HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!! EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 9:45 am

What about Deal A Meal? Did anyone else do that one LOL ;) it was basically a weight watchers points program but before weight watchers points I think. It was "playing cards" that went in a wallet and you could "deal" your meal using the different cards. So say 2 protein, 3 fat, 1 fibre for something etc.... when you used up all your cards that was all you ate. And there was the "free" list of veg/fruit you could eat any of much like the optifast free stuff LOL.

I've lost count of the diets, the best results I had was on the anorexic/bullemic diet. I did it, it worked... but not advisable obviously.

I'm pleased to be able to say NO MORE DIETS now, it's a lifestyle change forever now (well...once i'm sleeved LOL).
Back to top Go down
Vmr
Vmr

Female
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!!   HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!! EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 6:20 am

I was put on Easy Slim at the age of 12.

It was like weight watchers but much more restrictive.

Since then, all of those mentioned below. Cohens lifestyle can be added to my list.

I would say I have attempted to diet at least 50 times in the last 20 odd years.

Thank god for the sleeve!
Back to top Go down
hopeful22912
hopeful22912

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-06-07

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!!   HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!! EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 11:40 am

totally forgot Limmits they were yummy
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!!   HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!! EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 10:27 am

Remember Limmits (cookies in 1980s) got them from Coles. Also there was the idea of having a grapefruit for breakfast (problem I could only eat grapefruits with lots of sugar lol)
Back to top Go down
hopeful22912
hopeful22912

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-06-07

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!!   HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!! EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 10:09 am

I go as far back as DR Edelston (fibre tablet  4 vita wheat a day plus a shake) almost killed me but I was slim
Jenny Craig
Weight Watchers
Pritikin
Lite n easy
numerous shakes,
numerous pills - starting with trim tabs etc etc etc,
CSIRO
the list goes on and on and on
Back to top Go down
Jarrah
Part of the furniture
Jarrah

Female
Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!!   HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!! EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 8:01 am

Started counting ... but gave up !!! hahahahaha

Ooooh... I can add the Lemon Detox (nearly killed me - literally - and only lasted a day!!!!)   Well, no more diets for me. That's a word not allowed in our house anymore!! We have made a change to our lifestyle ;)
Back to top Go down
busymumCollie

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-06-03

PostSubject: HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!!   HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!! EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 7:05 am

... so i'm sitting here writing myself a note on all the diets i've tried and thought, wow, how much money and time i've spent on diets.. here is a list of the ones i can remember.. i've probably forgetten some, i think i've been on a permanent diet for the last 20 year...

·         Weight watchers (numerous times) 
·         Easy lite (numerous times) 
·         Jenny Craig 
·         Lite n Easy 
·         Michelle Bridges (3 times) 
·         Dukan Diet 
·         Dr pill that makes you poop fat 
·         Dr pill that makes you speedy 
·         CSIRO Diet
·         Counting Calories  (numerous times) 
·         Cabbage Soup diet
·         Body for Life 
·         Herbalife (twice) 
·         Chemist shake/diet

[/size]HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!! 542174
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!!   HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

HOW MANY DIET'S HAVE YOU TRIED...!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: