Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

over eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: over eating   over eating EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 2:27 pm

I'm nearly 1 yr out and I'm still learning.

Don't worry about your tummy stretching, you'd have to treat it like shite and it wouldn't happen so quickly if it ever did.

Jodes - are you eating pasta? I'm surprised your surgeon/dietician said you could as it has only been awhile since you had your op. I think most people are told to avoid rice, pasta, breads for some time. See what your surgeon says.

breenaluber - if you are worried or have qs call your surgeon and ask for clarification on what you can eat.

I saw my surgeon about 3weeks ago and he says even being this far out I still should only be able to eat 1/2cup per seating. For the last 5 days I have been focusing on (I lost my focus for awhile) :

a )not drinking within half hr of food, as this allows my stomach to feel the sensation of fullness and stops food been flushed through to the small intenstine. (I am allowed a few sips with food if I feel like I have a dry mouth but I have found if the food has some moisture I don't need too).

b) mindful eating - I ensure the tvs off and I don't have distractions (besides my daughters chatter, hard to find the off switch lol). I use the portion control bowl/plate and small kids cutlery. I find if I close my eyes and focus on chewing I am aware of the full feeling and am getting better at noticing my little 'burp' when my tums says enough. Depends on what I eat I don't even get through 1/2cup so may go back later to finish it.

c) keeping track of food triggers. I can binge out of boredom, old habits etc. So  I need to be careful what I let in the house even if my daughter likes certain things. Also knowing what times I am vunerable is important for me.

Hope this helps abit

also if you haven't seen this website you might be interested in buying some of the stuff or using it as a starting point.
http://www.greatideas.net.au/
Back to top Go down
Jedda

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-05-05

over eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: over eating   over eating EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 12:36 pm

I'm 7 weeks post op and not sure how I'm feeling anymore. I feel like I'm hungry all the time, I go to bed hungry, wake up hungry and only recently thinking of food all the time. I can't eat big amounts at anyone time but feel I am hungry within an hour or 2 after eatting a meal and then find myself snacking on something quick and easy like a cream biscuit or 2. :-( then I'm fine until the next meal. I have lost 11kgs all up and only weigh myself once a week. 2weeks ago I lost nothing and stayed the same and this week I only lost 300g. I still have trouble stomaching some foods and vomit after eatting but not all the time, mainly with meats or pasta. Not sure if I'm eatting too quickly, not chewing long enough but I feel like I am or maybe even too big a spoonful at once. I use a teaspoon and only dish a small amount of dinner on a smaller plate. Feel full quickly or uncomfortable then stop but hungry again. I guess I'm still learning but just feeling a bit down that I haven't lost much over the past 2 weeks compared to previously and the fact I'm feel hungry all the time. My dietician appt is tomorrow so will see what she says
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

over eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: over eating   over eating EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013, 9:44 am

Breen,

Are you over eating ? Or just eating more than what others are eating ?

I've been feeling like I am able to eat more than others who were sleeved at the same time as me.

Which has made me think ...
I know one person has spoken about a "tight" sleeve.

Therefore I wonder if the size Bougie the surgeon uses can affect initial food consumption ??

(Long term studies say the size of the bougie does not affect long term weight loss.)

Just a thought.

Oh and to stretch the sleeve I believe you have to overeat often, to the point of being really uncomfortable.

All the best,
Tara
Back to top Go down
missmolly
Part of the furniture
missmolly

Female
Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2013-04-15

over eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: over eating   over eating EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013, 7:22 am

I know what you mean Breenaluber. I have the same worries myself...but on advice from my dietican, I'm on pretty much 'normal' food now,(haven't had any bread, steaks, raw veg or nuts etc.) and I'm trying to limit myself to approx 1/2 - 3/4 metric cup.  I use a teaspoon to eat my meals, or some of the other people on this forum have down loaded an app called 'eat slower' where a timer will go off every 90 secs for you to have the next mouthful of food. (or something similar?) Try to avoid drinking 1/2 hour before or after you meals as well, as this can make things a little uncomfortable too!  Just take your time, things are still on the mend...good luck and all the best.  Hope this has been some help...
Back to top Go down
breenaluber5206

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-06-17

over eating Empty
PostSubject: over eating   over eating EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013, 7:03 am

I don't know if I'm being paranoid or what. I'm 5 weeks post op, I moved to regular food fairly quickly per my doctor. I'm having difficulty getting a handle on how much I can eat at one time and I keep accidentally over eating. I'm scared I'm going to stretch my stomach out before I even have a chance to lose weight. Has anyone else delt with this, have any advice or thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

over eating Empty
PostSubject: Re: over eating   over eating Empty

Back to top Go down

over eating
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: