Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MissPea

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-01-24

Weightloss and Pregnancy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weightloss and Pregnancy?   Weightloss and Pregnancy? EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013, 8:00 am

Hey Shyne.  I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant with my second.  My first was a bit of a surprise but we had unprotected sex for about 4 months before I fell pregnant, and we were newlyweds, so were definitely doing it regularly!  Sorry if TMI...reading that back I sound like an idiot for being surprised, but I really thought I would have huge difficulties getting pregnant because of my weight, so we weren't trying, just not trying not to if you know what I mean.

This time I had my mirena removed and the very next day I got my period and I fell that cycle.  So I'm exactly the same amount of time pregnant as I am from having my contraception removed (if that makes sense).  I feel really confident that my weight loss improved my fertility - my cycles became regular as and I fell pregnant at the drop of a hat.

No complications except for weight gain as I am eating my way through morning sickness and my sleeve seems about triple the size it usually is!!  Will definitely have to reign myself in soon but otherwise all good and no complaints.

Also I was still breastfeeding when I had my sleeve and was able to continue for months afterwards so don't anticipate there being any issues there.

Will keep everything crossed for you that you fall naturally soon.
Back to top Go down
Shyne
Shyne

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2013-03-13

Weightloss and Pregnancy? Empty
PostSubject: Weightloss and Pregnancy?   Weightloss and Pregnancy? EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013, 2:48 am

My Hubby and I tried for 5 years before we did IVF (successfully) and now have our gorgeous son.

But he is almost 3, and we desperately want to try again.  We have embryo's frozen but I'd love to try naturally for a little while and hope that the weightloss may increase our chances of success. 

I'm after positive stories of successful pregnancies after weightloss.  We are waiting a little big longer (not that we think it'll happen right away, but still - I want to lose a bit more weight first).

Has anyone gone through a pregnancy after sleeve?  Is it ok? Normal? Hard? Painful?
Back to top Go down

Weightloss and Pregnancy?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: Guys, Girls & Relationships :: Secret Women's Business-
Jump to: