dani12118
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rainbowclouds

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-05-20

Getting dehydrated too early.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting dehydrated too early.    Getting dehydrated too early.  EmptySun 16 Jun 2013, 11:48 am

I was 5 days post op before I stopped feeling sick. Avoid water it causes spasms, try cordial or juice and maybe warm it up. Make sure u take very small sips and build up gradually.  If things dont improve call ur surgeon.  I'm 2 weeks post op tomorrow and on puree stage, still have to drink in small amounts but consistently and im sure that will always be the case.  It takes some adjusting. ...good luck
Back to top Go down
Kirst13

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Getting dehydrated too early.    Getting dehydrated too early.  EmptySun 16 Jun 2013, 11:07 am

Hi dani, I am 3 days post op as well. The first few days for me were very painful & drinking was not appealing at all. Today I have managed over 1litre, so I think it will get easier the more u do it. To get the drip removed was an incentive as well. I am still on clear fluids, which hv never tasted so gd!! I do think it is normal, hang in there. Kirsty
Back to top Go down
Bailey1275

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2013-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Getting dehydrated too early.    Getting dehydrated too early.  EmptySun 16 Jun 2013, 10:12 am

I found drinking very slow and painful initially ... I was in lots of pain with each tiny sip when in hospital ... Not to mention the dreadful pounding headaches. Once they took the drain out it was a little less painful but it was a good week before I was managing half a cup of liquid a day. Deep breathing and being up and about also helped. By the end of week two things were much easier. Take things slowly and listen to your body.

I am almost 5 weeks out from surgery and currently still on the liquid stage and barely getting through 600 ml of liquid a day ... partly because I am sick (nasty cold) and my new tummy may be a little too tight ... but I am not dehydrated at this stage even though I dream of drinking glass after glass of ice cold water
Back to top Go down
Shyne
Shyne

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2013-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Getting dehydrated too early.    Getting dehydrated too early.  EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 10:46 pm

Yup.  Sounds normal!

I'm almost 10 weeks post op and I still struggle with my fluid intake LOL.

It's a whole life adjusting thing...
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Getting dehydrated too early.    Getting dehydrated too early.  EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 9:45 am

sounds very normal. try some icy poles or make some yourself. Gastrolyte also make icy poles which you can get from the chemist, come in orange or purple packet, can't remember the purple flavour. They are excellent, the chemist might have some already frozen.

take it easy Getting dehydrated too early.  65317
Back to top Go down
dani12118
dani12118

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Getting dehydrated too early.    Getting dehydrated too early.  EmptySat 15 Jun 2013, 7:27 am

I seem to be struggling with keeping up with drinking water. ive added sugar free cordial and tea, and it easily comes up, or I just feel very nauseous after every mouth full. I am 3 days post op, and I dont want to move onto the phase 2 of the liquid phase just in case. But I am not wanting to go back into hospital. 

Is this normal for people this soon post op? Does it get easier?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting dehydrated too early.    Getting dehydrated too early.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting dehydrated too early.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: