5 posters
AuthorMessage
kittykat
kittykat

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Anyone from Gold Coast?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone from Gold Coast??   Anyone from Gold Coast?? EmptyTue 09 Mar 2010, 6:31 am

Just have to say my surgeon Dr Greg Nolan is great! If you are on the GC and need a surgeon I can recommend him.

Am so happy with my results so far and can't believe its actually happening!!! LOL!! Anyone from Gold Coast?? 878453

Kat
Back to top Go down
Rosie
Rosie

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Anyone from Gold Coast??   Anyone from Gold Coast?? EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 11:14 am

Hi Kat

So glad things are going well for you. Keep us posted...................

Rosie - xox
Back to top Go down
kittykat
kittykat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone from Gold Coast??   Anyone from Gold Coast?? EmptyWed 10 Jun 2009, 5:29 am

Hi all

Well I'm now sleeved and loving it. Can't believe its over and I'm on to the new me. I have already lost 8kg in the past 2 weeks, probably because of the Optifast preop but I'm not complaining!!!! Am upgrading slowly with my food but feel full after just a small amount. My hubby can't believe it, compared to what I used to eat. My clothes are starting to feel a little loose which can only mean I'm losing. Yeah!

Hope you are all doing well. SHould probably post on the post-op thread now or another one.

Yeah!
Kat
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone from Gold Coast??   Anyone from Gold Coast?? EmptyFri 01 May 2009, 2:57 am

kittykat wrote:
Lib

Just wondering how your operation went the other week. Hope you are recovering well.

Kat

Thanks Kat, went really well. Just struggling eating enough now (who would of thought!!!) The first few days were pretty tough, but they will be well and truly worth it!
Back to top Go down
calee78

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone from Gold Coast??   Anyone from Gold Coast?? EmptyFri 01 May 2009, 2:25 am

Hi. Well I am not sure about all that, I am in and out of hospital alot with pancreatitis, which is caused most likely from my diabetes. Dr Davoren referred me to get the sleeve done at GCH, Dr Liew is the surgeon. My BMI is not extremely high and I weigh about 110, however I just keep getting too sick with the pancreatitis so I guess that is why they are doing me there?
Back to top Go down
kittykat
kittykat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone from Gold Coast??   Anyone from Gold Coast?? EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 6:57 am

Lib

Just wondering how your operation went the other week. Hope you are recovering well.

Kat
Back to top Go down
kittykat
kittykat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone from Gold Coast??   Anyone from Gold Coast?? EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 6:55 am

Hi Calee

Wow, you're getting done at the GCH! I was told by many that the GCH doesn't do bands or sleeves. Would love to know who is doing your surgery?

I'm having to go private because I was told its not available so any info would be great.

Thanks.
Kat
Back to top Go down
calee78

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Anyone from Gold Coast??   Anyone from Gold Coast?? EmptyTue 21 Apr 2009, 10:40 am

Anyone from Gold Coast?? 697586
Hi to all
I am on the Gold Coast and am going to be having the sleeve done at the public hospital due to health problems. Has anyone had it done at the Gold Coast Hospital?
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Supershrinkme
Supershrinkme

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone from Gold Coast??   Anyone from Gold Coast?? EmptyFri 17 Apr 2009, 8:08 am

Hi Kittykat,

I am also getting sleeved with Dr Nolan in a few weeks time, 5 May is the day. Im BMI 55 and was told that sleev is the way to go.

Which of the dieticans are you using? Anyone from Gold Coast?? 63412
Back to top Go down
Rosie
Rosie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone from Gold Coast??   Anyone from Gold Coast?? EmptyThu 16 Apr 2009, 8:52 am

Hi Kat

I'm usually a pretty relaxed, calm person and just before I went into the theatre I had a panic attack. Dr came to say hi! I grabbed his hand and said "You will look after me, won't you?" He just laughed and said "Of course, I always do!"

Having nerves is normal and so long as you have done the research and you are happy with your decision, that is all that matters. I was wondering the other day if I had made the right choice........... Ha! Like I can do anything about it now! But I'm very happy! Only wish it was an option a few years ago!

I'm very keen to get on with my life - living it the way I should be......!!
Back to top Go down
kittykat
kittykat

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone from Gold Coast??   Anyone from Gold Coast?? EmptyThu 16 Apr 2009, 7:17 am

thanks so much for your messages. Glad to see I'm not the only one on the coast. Am a little nervous but full steam ahead as they say.

I've done a fair bit of research as well and I think I will not regret it.

Anyone from Gold Coast?? 542174
Kat
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Anyone from Gold Coast??   Anyone from Gold Coast?? EmptyWed 15 Apr 2009, 3:27 am

Hi Kat, I am from the northern gold coast. Iam being sleeved on Monday Anyone from Gold Coast?? 542174

We might just have to get ourselves a Bris/Gc Sleevers meet going!!

Welcome, and the information you get from here will be priceless!
Back to top Go down
Rosie
Rosie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone from Gold Coast??   Anyone from Gold Coast?? EmptyTue 14 Apr 2009, 10:18 am

Hi Kat

I live on the Gold Coast ......................

I had a band 2 years ago at 130kg with good success (weight loss wise) but lots of troubles. After a hernia repair op last Sept I had it removed in January this year, gained 20kg and had a sleeve last Monday (06/04).

I am not familiar with Dr Nolan. Dr Laurent Layani has done all of my procedures at John Flynn. From my personal experience a Sleeve is a good choice. You will find sooo much info on here and all sorts of stories! Everyone is lovely and provide heaps of advice and support. I have become a little addicted!

I am not as far into the sleeve journey as many others, but I'm more than happy to help, chat, whatever you need.

xox Rosie
Back to top Go down
kittykat
kittykat

Female

PostSubject: Anyone from Gold Coast??   Anyone from Gold Coast?? EmptyTue 14 Apr 2009, 5:17 am

Hi All

Looks like a great site to belong to. Anyone from the Gold Coast area?

I'm going to be sleeved by Dr Greg Nolan in a few weeks time. Am happy to have surgery as I don't think a band is for me. I've quite a bit of weight to lose and just can't get my head around a band and have read tons of peole on forums have trouble with eating. Also Dr thinks because I have a good 50kg to lose a sleeve will have the best effect for me.

Anyone else in same boat as me? Would love to hear from anyone nearby.

Kat Anyone from Gold Coast?? 120705
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone from Gold Coast??   Anyone from Gold Coast?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone from Gold Coast??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: The Surgeons-
Jump to: