AuthorMessage
Vronnie
Part of the furniture
Vronnie

Female
Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2011-02-14

I can't stop eating rubbish Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can't stop eating rubbish   I can't stop eating rubbish EmptyWed 03 Jul 2013, 9:39 am

So tomorrow's a new day....STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP!
Back to top Go down
Debaria
Debaria

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2013-05-04

PostSubject: FAIL   I can't stop eating rubbish EmptyWed 03 Jul 2013, 6:02 am

I have failed I broke opti last night and had some rice -plain boiled rice and it tasted good. I also slept way better.
Today I feel like I am on a bender - a sales rep bought in some cakes and I ate one............. I feel guilty as so many people are so good on opti.....but no not me..... I am hoping my liver is not that bad after being sleeved for 10 years....eek
Back to top Go down
JenBen
Part of the furniture
JenBen

Female
Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: I can't stop eating rubbish   I can't stop eating rubbish EmptyWed 03 Jul 2013, 3:31 am

You can do this and you will.  As already pointed out, it is only temporary.  The opti will ensure that you are in the best shape for the surgery.  Keep reminding yourself of that.  You are doing all this for your health.  Trust me, you will get through it and you will succeed.  Your mind just needs to catch up with your determination.  It isn't easy but it is definitely worth it.
Back to top Go down
Vronnie
Part of the furniture
Vronnie

Female

PostSubject: Re: I can't stop eating rubbish   I can't stop eating rubbish EmptyTue 02 Jul 2013, 9:33 am

Well you've only got to do it for a couple of weeks & then you're never going to have to restrict yourself like that again.
It's worth hanging in there to ensure that the operation is as safe as possible for you. When is your operation date? How long do you have to do the Opti? You're probably over the worst of it if you've already done 4 days....
Take it one day at a time. You're doing well so hang in there...you'll be so pleased with yourself
Back to top Go down
veronica simcoe
Part of the furniture
veronica simcoe

Female
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: I can't stop eating rubbish   I can't stop eating rubbish EmptyTue 02 Jul 2013, 4:18 am

Debaria wrote:
[b style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family:;"]Vronnie, I felt really good on opti to day 4 and now I am cranky, tired as anything. I lost a couple of kgs at the start and now nothing more. I am not caring about the opti or my liver at the moment. I think I am loosing my mind.[/b]

I can't stop eating rubbish 697586 oh great, what to look forward to lol, im still binging and getting mad at myself but still just cant stop it, very frustrating
Back to top Go down
Debaria
Debaria

Female

PostSubject: Re: I can't stop eating rubbish   I can't stop eating rubbish EmptyTue 02 Jul 2013, 3:06 am

[b style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"]Vronnie, I felt really good on opti to day 4 and now I am cranky, tired as anything. I lost a couple of kgs at the start and now nothing more. I am not caring about the opti or my liver at the moment. I think I am loosing my mind.[/b]
Back to top Go down
Vronnie
Part of the furniture
Vronnie

Female

PostSubject: Re: I can't stop eating rubbish   I can't stop eating rubbish EmptyMon 01 Jul 2013, 4:02 pm

I went into a feeding frenzy before my op too. Don't beat yourself up about it....I think it's called a food funeral or something. You'll be alright...do the Opti if your Dr wants you too before the surgery and you won't want to eat much after so it will be much less of a problem than you think. I think the rubbish eating is just anxiety, it was for me anyway. Good luck with everything, you'll be so pleased with yourself in a couple of years time.
Back to top Go down
Jarrah
Part of the furniture
Jarrah

Female
Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: I can't stop eating rubbish   I can't stop eating rubbish EmptyFri 07 Jun 2013, 2:41 am

Don't worry yourself too much about being able to eat enough to stay healthy ... loads of slivers are already doing it ;)
I actually went into a bra shop today and reavealed to the assistant (an older lady) that I had lost nearly 27 kilos (hence my complete ignorance of what regular size bras are popular etc) she was very complimentary and commented that "You must have done it the right way because you look amazing - you don't look sick at all!!" I think she was surprised ... imagine how surprised she'd have been if I'd told her that that weight loss was in four and a bit months!! hahaha Made me have a little giggle on the inside!
anyhoo, between the food you'll be eating and the multi's you'll take - you'll be fine I can't stop eating rubbish 217555
Back to top Go down
Debaria
Debaria

Female

PostSubject: ~Trishah~   I can't stop eating rubbish EmptyFri 07 Jun 2013, 2:18 am

Thanks for your response - I like the idea of "unpleating" my stomach. Carb meltdown - that will be me as I a big carb eater and not so much protein. I really am going to adjust my head as I am quite rebellious and tend to do the opposite of what I am told. I MUST do what the Dr and dietitian says post op - because no way in hell do I want complications - I am not feeling too confident as I had nasty infection issues when I had the band removed and had to spend another week in hospital and then it really took me 6 weeks to feel normal again. I said to Dr I want antibiotics straight after this operation so it does not happen again - he mumbled back to me "doesn't work like that"
Back to top Go down
Debaria
Debaria

Female

PostSubject: My children make me feel quilty   I can't stop eating rubbish EmptyFri 07 Jun 2013, 1:40 am

lin1970 yes cut down the rubbish hmn - that is my major issue. I had my pre surgery blood tests this morning and then had coffee and biscuits for breakfast. Not great, I am annoying myself as I really want to be healthy for op as I have a terrible time with the band coming out.

bluebags & btgirl
Yes I can have the soup but probably not for breakfast. Maybe the bars will do for breakfast.

On another note I was talking to my kids 23,18 and 14 and they are concerned about my operation. My sons said " don't get too much cut out mum" I nearly cried... they are also worried long term how I will be if I cannot eat enough to be healthy......It really pulls at the heart strings and makes me feel quilt about having the operation.

It is all a bit stressful.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: I can't stop eating rubbish   I can't stop eating rubbish EmptyFri 07 Jun 2013, 12:18 am

I haven't had the band but can imagine you are eating out of grief or something similar (ie food that you haven't eaten for so long). Maybe just cut the 'rubbish' down slowly from now on. So like Trisha says it won't hit you so hard. Just remember Opti etc sucks but it's a short term thing.
You can do it :)I can't stop eating rubbish 542174
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: I can't stop eating rubbish   I can't stop eating rubbish EmptyThu 06 Jun 2013, 12:13 pm

Yes Btgirl is right there is soup and you will be able to add some of your cups of veg to make it seem bigger. The opti holds off the hunger surprising well. After you don't have to stick to custard or yougurt you can continue with the soup as well as many other puree things not milky. How long you have to do each thing is up to the individual Dr.

I know at the moment you feel out of control but immediately after you will not feel like that so don't have fear. Some people can barely stomach even the tinniest amount it hard to imagine that before, after what we are used to consuming.
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: I can't stop eating rubbish   I can't stop eating rubbish EmptyThu 06 Jun 2013, 8:38 am

You can get opti in the soup, that way you wont feel like your drinking a milky product.
Love
Btgirl

Last edited by btgirl on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: I can't stop eating rubbish   I can't stop eating rubbish EmptyThu 06 Jun 2013, 7:58 am

Get it into you honey... it helps your stomach unpleat and stretch out so you get a good smooth wall for the sleeve to be done.

I ate like a freaking machine but swapped it up for mostly protein foods the week before opti so I didnt go into a huge carb melt down.

My suggestion is eat as you want because darlin its not for long and trust me after the sleeve it wont be an issue as long as you stick to a clean opti 2 weeks prior and the required liquid,mush diet after wards

Good luck and enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
Debaria
Debaria

Female

PostSubject: I can't stop eating rubbish   I can't stop eating rubbish EmptyThu 06 Jun 2013, 7:24 am

Hi all,
I am due to be sleeved on 10th July (after having the band out in February) and I am eating like a woman possessed. I think I must have liquid chocolate running through my veins by now. I will have to do the opti 2 weeks out - but gawd knows how I am going to do it - especially as I can not drink anything that resembles a milky smoothie. I can drink meal replacements only in fruit juice and I believe that is a big no. I don't like custards, or yogurts either...that I believe will be a major issue after woods I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can't stop eating rubbish   I can't stop eating rubbish Empty

Back to top Go down

I can't stop eating rubbish
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: