Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MY journey has finally taking me here...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rainbowclouds

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-05-20

MY journey has finally taking me here... Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   MY journey has finally taking me here... EmptyTue 21 May 2013, 9:28 am

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your responses its been really helpful and I'm sure I will need more help in the future. I am very exctied about the long term prospects of being able to enjoy everyday activites that most people dont think twice about becasue there of normal weight and build.

Thanks again :-)
Back to top Go down
RubyJay
Part of the furniture
RubyJay

Female
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2013-04-01

PostSubject: Re: MY journey has finally taking me here...   MY journey has finally taking me here... EmptyTue 21 May 2013, 9:03 am

Hi and a very big welcome Rainbowclouds.
You certainly have had more than your share of difficulties. It is great that this surgery can help as I'm sure it will. There must be others with at least some of your issues on this forum and with networking I'm sure they'll find you.
I wish you all the best and would love to hear of and share your journey through this life saving transition. I am being done the 4th, the day after you. Please pop in to the Monthly Sleevers and you will find the June Sleevers there are many of us going through this the same time as you and you even have a same day buddy which is great to have.
Pop on over and join your same month sleeve family...there are a few families on this forum, same month, same location...only limited by our imagination
ciao
Ruby
MY journey has finally taking me here... 217555MY journey has finally taking me here... 542174MY journey has finally taking me here... 63412MY journey has finally taking me here... 120705
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: MY journey has finally taking me here...   MY journey has finally taking me here... EmptyTue 21 May 2013, 12:53 am

Welcome Rainbowcloud

Looks like your journey will be an interesting one with some great strides forward for you. I don't know of your condition so can't help there but the pain levels yes.

I have just had my sleeve 14th May and am extremely happy to report that I had very low pain. Yes I did take the drugs on offer the first day but not from then on I only took them because I was scared something was going to happen as that was what my head had led me to believe before the op. Well what did my head know nothing I have just had wind discomfort and as I have finally managed to go to the toilet today I expect that will now been gone too.

Unbelievable just 1 week after major surgery I took 4 of the five plasters off the scars yesterday and you can almost not notice them incredible. Don't let your fears hold you back look towards your bright future and good luck
Back to top Go down
kjet19

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-05-17

PostSubject: Re: MY journey has finally taking me here...   MY journey has finally taking me here... EmptyMon 20 May 2013, 10:35 pm

Hi rainbowclouds my BMI was below 35 (just) but my surgeon said the benefits were there for me anyway I had gestational diabetes therefore my risk of diabetes later was increased my dad had the sleeve done 2.5 years ago was 135kg now 84kg he had sleep apnea hypertension and his levels on his BGL was showing diabetes( dr advised not to diagnose at that stage as would most likely decrease with weightloss) but post op he's healthy with nothing no hypertension stopped his meds about 6 months in hasn't used his sleep apnea machine since his op and diabetes is nowhere to be seen
Good luck with is all. It was the best decision I ever made I am now 5 days post op and feeling pretty great already pain wise I had panadol on Sunday morning when I first came home and have had nothing since and I am running around looking after a 5 year old and 14 month old
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: MY journey has finally taking me here...   MY journey has finally taking me here... EmptyMon 20 May 2013, 11:12 am

Hiya Rainbow,

Welcome aboard !!

2 weeks eh !! You must be so excited. What is your exact date ??

Don't worry too much about the post op pain it seems most people come through only needing I.V. Panadol. But they do have you automatically set up with stronger stuff as soon as you wake up.

All the best,
Tara
Back to top Go down
Rainbowclouds

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-05-20

PostSubject: MY journey has finally taking me here...   MY journey has finally taking me here... EmptyMon 20 May 2013, 8:22 am

Hi everyone,

I have been obese my entire life from a child onwards, however I was a happy active kid despite my weight and played several sports for my local areas and at a national level. As adult I'm obvioulsy not as active and have gained a small amount of weight since I was 15. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2000 at the age of 15 and with type II NIDDM in 2010 at the age of 25.

I think my entire life has been one big diet, but I never really lose much weight but I do improve my fitness, however now with the added complication of being diabetic and having medical knowledge I'm all to aware of the long term consequence of this.

I have be really trying to lose weight with no success depsite the PT and excelelt diet, although my partner's lost 15 kilos in the same period of time...anyway after consulatation with my endocrinologist and various test I have been recommended to have a gasrtic sleeve. I've been told there is a high chance it will pretty much reverse my diabetes...this is huge and one of my main reasons for going ahead with the surgery. I have posted on another page too but if anyone reads this and they have a similar back ground I would love to hear your story so far.

It's interesting when I seen the surgeon he told me he once used to refuse to operate on people my size because my BMI was under 40, however I have the fammine gene and multiple other genetic and endocrine factors they have proven that this surgery is a success, so hearing from others would be great.

My op is in 2 weeks and I have mixed emotions, my main concerns are pain post op, again comments on this would be good. On the whole I'm very excited about the long term prospect of looking, feeling and being healthy and having the opportnity to maybe have a family would be lovely.

Thanks in advance for everyones support, i'm probably going to need it lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY journey has finally taking me here...   MY journey has finally taking me here... Empty

Back to top Go down

MY journey has finally taking me here...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: