13 posters
AuthorMessage
Larns5
Larns5

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-06-19

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyWed 15 Jan 2014, 1:15 am

veronica simcoe wrote:
evergreen wrote:
Oh, thanks for your support, i feel a tad comforted by the the fact you had this as well and survived..!! as seriously at times i can't see a  light at the end of the tunnel, im so weak, it takes all my strength to shower..
The bouts of pain gets pretty bad, so my intake is very low.
I just read your response to my hubby, who is getting quite frantic about all this now, so I am going to call my surgeon and ask him all the things you suggested, and about the professor. I had spent a week in hosp a cpl weeks ago, and NBM, they thought it had resolved then, but not so lucky.
thanks, will keep you posted
glenmaree wrote:
Hi evergreen

I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with a hole, by this I assume you mean a leak.  I had a leak which went on for a long time and they tried stents too, twice without success.  Every surgeon appears to handle this issue differently.  Mine eventually resorted to nil by mouth and took out the stent that had been put in previously by another surgeon and I eventually became well.

There is another procedure called a bear claw, which is a clip that is placed over the leak site.  I couldn't have this because of where the leak was positioned but it might be worth asking about.  Also ask is he going to glue, stitch or staple the leak site.  My doctor did all three. If you feel confident enough with the doctor I would be asking him to consult with professor George Hopkins as he is the guru for this kind of surgery.

Finally, try and stay positive! I know now hard this can be but it does help with the healing. Pm me if I can help or support you in anyway.

Glenys
How long did it take for your leak to stop?? ive been 6 weeks now on feeding tube

I had the Naso-Gastric tube for 15 1/2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
veronica simcoe
Part of the furniture
veronica simcoe

Female
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2013-02-26

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyWed 15 Jan 2014, 1:05 am

evergreen wrote:
Oh, thanks for your support, i feel a tad comforted by the the fact you had this as well and survived..!! as seriously at times i can't see a  light at the end of the tunnel, im so weak, it takes all my strength to shower..
I just read your response to my hubby, who is getting quite frantic about all this now, so I am going to call my surgeon and ask him all the things you suggested, and about the professor. I had spent a week in hosp a cpl weeks ago, and NBM, they thought it had resolved then, but not so lucky.
glenmaree wrote:
Hi evergreen

I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with a hole, by this I assume you mean a leak.  I had a leak which went on for a long time and they tried stents too, twice without success.  Every surgeon appears to handle this issue differently.  Mine eventually resorted to nil by mouth and took out the stent that had been put in previously by another surgeon and I eventually became well.

There is another procedure called a bear claw, which is a clip that is placed over the leak site.  I couldn't have this because of where the leak was positioned but it might be worth asking about.  Also ask is he going to glue, stitch or staple the leak site.  My doctor did all three. If you feel confident enough with the doctor I would be asking him to consult with professor George Hopkins as he is the guru for this kind of surgery.

Finally, try and stay positive! I know now hard this can be but it does help with the healing. Pm me if I can help or support you in anyway.

Glenys
How long did it take for your leak to stop?? ive been 6 weeks now on feeding tube
Back to top Go down
Larns5
Larns5

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2011-06-19

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyTue 14 Jan 2014, 8:44 am

It's been a long time since I came by here.
Glen Maree!! :o
you look INCREDIBLE!!

It took a long time for me to come back as I was the '1 in 1000' that got a leak,  as well.
So coming here and reading these stories hurts like hell. 
I barely survived, but I'm here and my children have a mother and my husband has a wife.  

It was   HELL.
It took a long time and life was so incredibly difficult.

Please stay positive.  Believe you can beat it. And if you need support from someone who has been there, believe me when I say that I will never forget how that feels. Xox
Jalaj@y7mail.com is my email address and I am happy to support you. Xox

Larn
Back to top Go down
Me

Female
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2013-08-14

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyMon 23 Sep 2013, 6:40 am

Hi Evergreen, 

I've just read your journey and your regret in having the sleeve (I'm yet to be sleeved). 
I note that your posts are dated May and wanted to ask if you still regret having the sleeve now we are in September. 

It would be lovely to know if you have cheered up, continued to lose weight and whether having the sleeve was the correct decision for you

me
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyWed 22 May 2013, 12:34 am

Happy birthday to you wishing you a healthier year

My hell continues 362526 My hell continues 362526 My hell continues 362526 My hell continues 914206 My hell continues 914206 My hell continues 914206 My hell continues 914206
Back to top Go down
princapia
princapia

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2013-05-04

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptySat 18 May 2013, 6:20 pm

Wow you have certainly been through a tough time, it is so good to hear you are feeling a little better Evergreen. Hopefully you gain more and more strength day by day....

Take Care...

My hell continues 217555 Louisa x
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyFri 17 May 2013, 12:14 pm

well done on the walk
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyFri 17 May 2013, 11:14 am

Evergreen I think 2 laps around the garden for someone who has gone through what you have been is outstanding. I am so glad to hear you are managing that I knew something good would be around the corner and it looks like it just might be there for you now.

My hell continues 487524 My hell continues 217555 My hell continues 362526 My hell continues 487524 My hell continues 63412
Back to top Go down
evergreen

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2013-02-04

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyWed 15 May 2013, 1:27 am

Thank Sara,felling betting each day, the surgeon told me yesterday that I had him very worried...Anyway did I read your stats right, you were sleeved 2weeks after me and you have lost 30 kgs already, OMG....Well done, thats a lot,hpw are you feeling.. mines nothing compared, you doing a bit of excercise?, im hoping to work up to it, im only managing 2 laps around my yard atm.....
sara777 wrote:
So glad you are feeling a little better sweetness.....you have been in our thoughts and prayers daily well done on the weight loss honey......not a nice way to do it...but here's hoping it is onwards and upwards from here...

Love and kisses xxx
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female
Number of posts : 1098

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptySun 12 May 2013, 12:51 pm

So glad you are feeling a little better sweetness.....you have been in our thoughts and prayers daily well done on the weight loss honey......not a nice way to do it...but here's hoping it is onwards and upwards from here...

Love and kisses xxx
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2013-01-27

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptySat 11 May 2013, 12:52 pm

So good to hear from you evergreen. You have been on a long and tedious road which none of us hoped to travel. Keep your chin up and keep improving. My hell continues 217555
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptySat 11 May 2013, 11:29 am

Thank goodness Evergreen any improvement is good hope you turn the corner really soon and everything is better. My hell continues 217555 My hell continues 217555 My hell continues 362526 My hell continues 362526
Back to top Go down
evergreen

Female

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: A BIT OF IMPROVEMENT   My hell continues EmptySat 11 May 2013, 5:27 am

Hi all thanks for your thoughts, my last posting was i was to go back in to hosp after they suspected the leaking was not resolved, then referred to another surgeon to have a stent put in to my stomach, i was not looking forward to that as it only had 50% chance of working and could cause more dramas if anything. So after the consult the surgeon said he wanted to leave me alone to see if it got better on its own, I had no temp, was tolerating very sm amounts of food, but a lot of pain, and generally crappy.
So im glad they opted for that decision as I have improved a bit, a bit stronger(can now shower myself unaided !). Still pain, but not making me so nausous now, so another surgeon appt this week . Its been a long haul, its been 10 weeks since the surgery and iv'e lost 25 kgs (from the start of opti)..The loss is starting to slow now, which i can tell you i'm pretty happy about,as i only needed to lose 35ish to start with, lost a lot of muscle..!! And hope to go back to work in 18 days..
Back to top Go down
Jarrah
Part of the furniture
Jarrah

Female
Number of posts : 911
Registration date : 2013-02-13

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyMon 06 May 2013, 11:38 am

Hoping you are feeling a little better evergreen kiss
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyMon 06 May 2013, 11:17 am

Hi evergreen , just wondering how you are doing and if things have improved for you.
Sending you hugs xx
Back to top Go down
fattothinner45

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2012-10-29

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptySat 27 Apr 2013, 12:30 pm

Best wishes to you evergreen[from a former cairns girl]......it's so distressing to hear of these complications as the sleeve can be such a wonderful thing when it's done right......keep perserevering and make sure the doctors listen to you and fix the bloody problem.....beats me,how can it happen in only some people....lucky for you there are others who know what you are going thru and you can hopefully aid your recovery thru them.... My hell continues 217555
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptySat 27 Apr 2013, 9:00 am

Sending you lots of love and positive healing thoughts.....

kiss kiss kiss
Back to top Go down
allaboutme
Part of the furniture

Female

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013, 12:37 pm

I'm sure it will get better for you soon. You are so unlucky to be going through this but I am glad you are in good care and I hope your family are coping ok with all of this also. Sending you lots of hugs xx My hell continues 217555 My hell continues 217555 My hell continues 217555
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013, 12:30 pm

Thinking of you and hoping the answer can be found ASAP. Rest well and have faith.

My hell continues 217555 My hell continues 217555 My hell continues 217555 My hell continues 217555
Back to top Go down
evergreen

Female

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013, 7:50 am

Oh, thanks for your support, i feel a tad comforted by the the fact you had this as well and survived..!! as seriously at times i can't see a light at the end of the tunnel, im so weak, it takes all my strength to shower..
glenmaree wrote:
Hi evergreen

I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with a hole, by this I assume you mean a leak. I had a leak which went on for a long time and they tried stents too, twice without success. Every surgeon appears to handle this issue differently. Mine eventually resorted to nil by mouth and took out the stent that had been put in previously by another surgeon and I eventually became well.

There is another procedure called a bear claw, which is a clip that is placed over the leak site. I couldn't have this because of where the leak was positioned but it might be worth asking about. Also ask is he going to glue, stitch or staple the leak site. My doctor did all three. If you feel confident enough with the doctor I would be asking him to consult with professor George Hopkins as he is the guru for this kind of surgery.

Glenys
Back to top Go down
gruggy
gruggy

Female
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2012-12-27

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013, 2:51 am

Oh Evergreen that's not good news.
Hopefully this will end soon, hang in there the best you can.
Sending positive vibes your way.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013, 1:52 am

My hell continues 68366big hugs
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013, 12:24 am

evergreen wrote:
After they were sure the hole had closed with a week in hosp and heaps of Iv AB, my nausea and pain is still there, so now they they find it didn't close at all. im back in hosp next week for a endoscopy, they will try to solve the problem while they are in there, maybe a stent they think, but it's only 50/50 chance that will work too, IM NOT KIDDING WHEN I SAY, I REGRET HAVING THIS THIS SURGERY..!!!!!!!!!,I have lost 23 kg out of being so frigin sick...

Oh evergreen....I am so sorry you are unwell.......what caused the leak? I would be so annoyed.....didnt they check it??????????

Poor poor darling...my thoughts and prayers are with you babe....keep us posted x
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyThu 25 Apr 2013, 12:20 am

Hi evergreen

I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with a hole, by this I assume you mean a leak. I had a leak which went on for a long time and they tried stents too, twice without success. Every surgeon appears to handle this issue differently. Mine eventually resorted to nil by mouth and took out the stent that had been put in previously by another surgeon and I eventually became well.

There is another procedure called a bear claw, which is a clip that is placed over the leak site. I couldn't have this because of where the leak was positioned but it might be worth asking about. Also ask is he going to glue, stitch or staple the leak site. My doctor did all three. If you feel confident enough with the doctor I would be asking him to consult with professor George Hopkins as he is the guru for this kind of surgery.

Glenys
Back to top Go down
evergreen

Female

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: My hell continues   My hell continues EmptyWed 24 Apr 2013, 11:36 pm

After they were sure the hole had closed with a week in hosp and heaps of Iv AB, my nausea and pain is still there, so now they they find it didn't close at all. im back in hosp next week for a endoscopy, they will try to solve the problem while they are in there, maybe a stent they think, but it's only 50/50 chance that will work too, IM NOT KIDDING WHEN I SAY, I REGRET HAVING THIS THIS SURGERY..!!!!!!!!!,I have lost 23 kg out of being so frigin sick...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My hell continues Empty
PostSubject: Re: My hell continues   My hell continues Empty

Back to top Go down

My hell continues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: Complications With The Sleeve-
Jump to: