12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anjela85

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-07-22

Need help with Super Forms.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptyMon 22 Jul 2013, 11:42 am

Hi everyone I've got my appt to see doctor bovey next week. Nearly finished all my appts just doing my paperwork for DHS to release my super. Does anyone have a sample letter of what details need to be in these letters?
Any info appreciated
Anjela
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptySat 29 Jun 2013, 5:55 am

Oh I just didn't fill out the forms well enough.
I should have put down every single expense and showed how poor I actually am.

We'll see what happens this time as I paid with a credit card I think they may refuse me again as I have access to "credit".

Ergh.

But at least I'll know in 15 days or so !!
Tara
Back to top Go down
chereign

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2013-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptySat 29 Jun 2013, 2:41 am

Tara, why were you refuse, you are scaring me Need help with Super Forms.  878453
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptySat 29 Jun 2013, 2:33 am

Eeek 15 DAYS !!!!

I have just reapplied (they refused me before the surgery)GRRR !

So at least I will know in roughly 15 days if they are saying no again.

Cheers
Tara
Back to top Go down
chereign

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptySat 29 Jun 2013, 12:10 am

so I faxed off the fronts and backs to my cards today, I also spoke to a very helpful man from DHS who said they are getting through applications in roughly 15 working days....YAY... should have an answer this time next week.... super excited Need help with Super Forms.  542174
Back to top Go down
chereign

Female

PostSubject: thanks mumma bear   Need help with Super Forms.  EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013, 9:54 am

Thankyou very much Mumma bear, I can believe I was such an idiot!!!!

Im so inpatient and just want everything done that perhaps im overlooking the important stuff, like SIGNATURES lol
Back to top Go down
pepa99
pepa99

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 10:46 pm

Oh god iv done the same thing not got the backs certified, I sent in my passport, car license, bank card,and medicard the only one needed to b signed by jp is the bank card but Im well over the 100 points so the bankcard wouldnt matter if its scanned with jp signature or not?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 10:05 pm

chereign, Just ring them and say you've only sent copies of the front of the cards. Go get the backs with signature photocopied and signed by a JP now and send them in. Or even ask if you can fax them in. I faxed mine to DHS. And was actually surprised when my super fund called me back and told me to fax everything to them as well. Was  nice dealing with understanding, helpful people. :)
Back to top Go down
chereign

Female

PostSubject: Oh crap!!!   Need help with Super Forms.  EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 1:11 am

My release of super forms were received on the 17th of June, but after reading through all of these posts I have realised that I only sent certified copies of the fronts of my cards not the backs with my signature...argh Has anyone else done this and run into problems???
This is a painfully long process, I just want my surgery yesterday :)
The longer things take the higher my anxiety levels seem to be....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013, 8:27 am

DHS sent out the approval letters on 30th May, Dh's arrived on 4th June mines gone missing! So I ring dhs and request a new letter that was sent on 11th June, *sigh* still no letter, God knows what the postie is doing. I rang dhs again requesting another letter or even a fax copy but nope they don't do faxes. Anyway they agreed to fax it directly to my super fund, so I call super fund they say they will accept the fax but also need the originals.... so dhs will snail mail them a copy... that was last Friday
Fast forward to today and I get a call from my super fund at 4pm saying (lovely lady she was) that they have already started processing my claim as they "have" to pay it because dhs approved it YES!, and I can fax all the other paper work to them, had a little WHAT THE moment, suppose it all depends on who you talk to  lol. 
Anyway so now it's all faxed off and the waiting game begins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptyFri 07 Jun 2013, 11:48 pm

DHS has approved the money! I've had to access dh's super as well because there wasn't enough in mine. Dh's approval letter arrived on Tuesday but mine still isn't here, which is weird because they were both posted out the same day. I rang DHS yesterday and they will send me a new one but it wont leave there until next Tuesday.. Even went around asking some of the neighbours if it was in their mailbox as our postie is kind of famous for mixing it up plus they sometimes put our mail in the mail box of a house the next cul-de-sac over. Endoscopy is next Wednesday, getting nervous about that, hate, hate, hate anaesthetic. I know it's only a light one but I still have panic attacks at times. Thankfully we have scheduled it on dh's days off so he'll be home Wednesday and Thursday. Next step dietitian and psychologist, then book OP date :)
Back to top Go down
missdaisy

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptySun 02 Jun 2013, 1:25 am

Thank you MummaBear

I just want to get the paper work out of the way and get on with the next step. Need help with Super Forms.  65317
This forum is so helpful and I am looking forward to being around for a while.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptySat 01 Jun 2013, 11:28 pm

Missdaisy,

When the lady from DHS rang me to tell me about my birth certificate being in my maiden name, I was actually shocked. She was so nice and helpful, never really had the with dhs before lol. She got me to get certified copies of the front and back of my debit cards and fax them to her that day so I didn't have to go back to the end of the waiting list. She said only needed one card but I got 2 done just in case. I had sent in certified copies of the front of the cards only, but they need the back with your signature. I'd ring them tomorrow and ask if it's ok for you to fax a certified copy of your cards or your wedding certificate in, or even just get it done and mail it to them but still call them to say it's on it's way. Goodluck.

We have to rethink when my surgery is going to be now, as there's been shift changes and roster changes at my dh's work and we wont know his new roster until Thursday :( And then it involves working around the new roster.. ... Everytime I get things organised in our lives somone or something throws a spanner in the works! I need him to take a bit of family leave when I have the OP so that he can look after our son and do the school run etc.
Back to top Go down
missdaisy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptySat 01 Jun 2013, 7:48 am

Thank you 80-over I am on to it in the morning. Need to make sure it is all sorted. 😃
Back to top Go down
80-Over
80-Over

Female
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2012-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptySat 01 Jun 2013, 7:26 am

Missdaisy I would get a certified copy of my marriage cert and send it in and then ring them and let them know other wise it will take 6 weeks like mine did because the RSE number that my super fund gave me wasn't accepted by DHS and when you get asked for more info your application goes back to the bottom of the pile and it takes another 10+ days to process.
Back to top Go down
missdaisy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptySat 01 Jun 2013, 1:30 am

Mummabear, I have also been to meet with Meghan this past fortnight and she is so helpful.
My super release application was mailed on Wednesday and now I am worried about my ID.
Although they were JP certified, my drivers licence is married name and my birth cert is maiden name. Think I should get a certified copy of my marriage cert ready, as they will probably ring me as we'll.

I am hoping if it all goes to plan that Dr Baker will be able to do me in Sept school holidays.n:-)
Back to top Go down
80-Over
80-Over

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptyThu 30 May 2013, 11:25 am

MummaBear I agree whole heartedly with all your points.......

I guess for me weighing 154kg and being 165cm and having tried diet upon diet that this is my last solution.

Just gonna hold my breath and jump.........

Big hugs xo
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptyThu 30 May 2013, 10:48 am

Mummabear, you will be able to out to dinner just not in the first couple of months, you may be only eating a entree sized meal but as you will be eating slowly , you will still be eating when the others have finished.
Love
Btgirl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptyThu 30 May 2013, 9:21 am

Melissa, elizbarron .. I am scared about it all, it's all so overwhelming.

I get the 'what ifs" all the time! Selfish thought #1 - i wont be able to go out to dinner with my family and "enjoy" it..

I'm worried things could go wrong with the op or afterwards.

I'm worried about the optifast stage, as I've never stuck to it that long before, I am a slacker at times.

But then I look at my son and think OMG wouldn't it be lovely to be able to run around on the playground with him and go down the slides (yes can do that now but not a good look lol). It would be nice just to throw on a pair of comfy jeans and not worry about having a big belly, big butt and just be comfortable being me. Being able to move around easier, shopping for clothes would be way easier. Way more pros than cons to the operation.

We still haven't and wont be telling any family members about any of this for now. most wont understand and will, I know, belittle me for having it done. I've only confided in one friend so far, but luckily dh is behind me 100%.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptyThu 30 May 2013, 9:13 am

Need help with Super Forms.  878453 Talked to Meghan at Dr Bakers office today.. If I get the money in time and everything else done then I could have my op as early as 12th July!! Now I am scared. I seriously thought there would be a bit of a longer wait than that. She's given me 2 dates in July and 2 in August.

Sleep study is being done next Monday night, endoscopy is 12th June.
So now I just wait and see when my super money arrives..

Back to top Go down
80-Over
80-Over

Female

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptyWed 29 May 2013, 3:28 am

Mummabear I was approved on Monday for my super.

I rang my super company yesterday and told them and they emailed me the form. The lady said it will take 5-7 working days to have the funds in my account.

Today I have woken up with the "what if's"

I keep wondering what I am doing but then I read all the stories and know that I am doing the right thing (I think).

Need help with Super Forms.  217555
Back to top Go down
elizbarron

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2012-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptyWed 29 May 2013, 12:45 am

I felt like that too mummabear. All these people on here were so excited when they were getting their approvals and I wasn't at all. I was worried that it was a sign that I shouldn't be doing it. But I did, last Wednesday, and so far so good. It is normal to feel scared, because it is a huge thing to have done, and I know that I really needed it too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: DHS approved! :)   Need help with Super Forms.  EmptyTue 28 May 2013, 10:24 pm

I got a call from DHS yesterday, the only issue was with my points of identity, I didn't realise my birth cert is in my maiden name, funny because I've been using it for the past 23yrs! Anyway she got me to fax through a few more certified things than rang me back and said it's been approved, she'll just type the letter up and get it to me asap. But now I have to send it all of to super and wait for them to release the money.

Last night nerves started hitting me big time, am I doing the right thing etc.... I know I NEED this but am still scared witless at the same time.
Back to top Go down
scoots266
scoots266

Female
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2012-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptySun 05 May 2013, 12:24 am

I went into medibank and got confused by the chick. She ended up giving me a copy of what is covered on my level of cover and i sent that in, and i was approved without issue. My health fund also sent me a specific letter stating that hey covered the item number for the sleeve/band, but i didn't want to wait till it was posted to me so decided i'd have there for incase dhs asked for more.
Back to top Go down
Roxygal

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  EmptySat 04 May 2013, 11:54 pm

This confused me as well. I rang medibank private and the guy I spoke to was even more confusing. I ended up just writing on the form that my health fund would cover my stay in hospital etc and mine got approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Super Forms.    Need help with Super Forms.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help with Super Forms.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Accessing your Superannuation-
Jump to: