Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

Protein ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protein ??   Protein ?? EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013, 10:45 am

I will eat some protein and veg on my fork. so get abit at the same time, I like eat broc and cauli as they are nice and soft
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

Protein ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protein ??   Protein ?? EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013, 4:42 am

Love my portion bowl and plate,iwas told to eat my protein first ,then vege but can never fit my vege in.I do make vege soup and have that a couple of days so I get my vege.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

Protein ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protein ??   Protein ?? EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013, 4:35 am

Are you seeing a weight loss surgery dietician? Have you seen the special portion plates/bowls? On the plate it is half protein, the other half about 2/3 veg and 1/3 carbs (I don' have it in front of me so can't quite remember)
Back to top Go down
sara777
Part of the furniture
sara777

Female
Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2013-01-21

Protein ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protein ??   Protein ?? EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013, 12:43 pm

newbie123 wrote:
Hi Everyone

As I have been reading through many of the posts I've noticed alot of talk about Protein.
Have you been told to eat high protein low carbs post op to help with the weight loss.
I have just been told by my dietician to have all food groups but I am worried as I have been the same weight for the past 2 weeks !!!

Sleeved March 5th 2013

Pre opti weight 110kgs
Today 97.4

Lost 12.6 in 7 weeks - some other losses seem alot higher than this so feeling a bit down and confused today :)

Hey New.....I found this protein powder at Coles called Musushi p it was a small container and was 20.00 I add it to 300 mils of skim milk and it has 30 grams of protein,,..it isn't a meal replacement so it doesn't get thick....I have one first thing on my way to work and one at night before I go to bed......so I am guaranteed 60 grams of protein.....just means I can have soups that aren't so high in protein.....if you like tomato....woollies has a pouch of tomato and capsicum yum...it is so good and doesn't have to be puréed...so easy to eat at work.....anyway give the Musushi a go.....I got vanilla and I add ice and sometimes frozen banana......it is very yum.....but just remember to take your vitamins as it isn't a meal replacement xxxx

Good luck New xxx
Back to top Go down
Keza

Female
Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Protein ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protein ??   Protein ?? EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013, 12:15 pm

Hi

Early days, lots of protein required per your dieticians recommendations of consistency.

Im three months out tomorrow, at your stage I had lots of soups, custards, yogurt, milk drink (all lactose free), gravy on pureed meat/vegies. I was advised by my dietican to add protein powder (Sustagen Neutral Hospital Grade) to my foods/drinks as much as possible. I found this really helped with managing weakness early on. Now I dont so much, but have a range of foods and protein bars like Atkins which are good and easy at my stage now. All the best.
Back to top Go down
Chicko baby

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2013-03-24

Protein ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protein ??   Protein ?? EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013, 11:32 am

Good luck with it but remember it's about recovery first weight loss later
Back to top Go down
glenmaree
Part of the furniture
glenmaree

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Protein ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protein ??   Protein ?? EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013, 7:59 am

Hi

Everyone is different so don't fall into the trap of comparing your weight loss to others. We are supposed to eat high protein and low carb but you should be guided by your dietitian and your food choices would be limited at this time by your recovery from surgery. 12 plus kilos is great just stay focused it will happen and avoid the high fat/sugar slider foods and you will be fine.

G
Back to top Go down
newbie123

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-02-13

Protein ?? Empty
PostSubject: Protein ??   Protein ?? EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013, 7:15 am

Hi Everyone

As I have been reading through many of the posts I've noticed alot of talk about Protein.
Have you been told to eat high protein low carbs post op to help with the weight loss.
I have just been told by my dietician to have all food groups but I am worried as I have been the same weight for the past 2 weeks !!!

Sleeved March 5th 2013

Pre opti weight 110kgs
Today 97.4

Lost 12.6 in 7 weeks - some other losses seem alot higher than this so feeling a bit down and confused today :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Protein ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protein ??   Protein ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Protein ??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: