AuthorMessage
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri 02 Oct 2015, 11:06 am

I took the fusion one your talking about, I think it helped me reduce the hair loss. 

Not long after I stopped taking last christmas, the hair loss started again after a particularly stressfull time at work.  So, started taking it again, which stopped the hair loss again.

But maybe I was luck with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri 02 Oct 2015, 8:59 am

I tried it, just because I used to have so much hair, but after having kids, it started falling out, and never really stopped, so I have a lot less now (and my eldest is 19 & 1/2 - that's a lot of hair!!!) I tried it about a year or so ago, and i didn't notice any difference, really. I am still pre sleeve now, though, so maybe it will help as a post op thing...?
Back to top Go down
Healthyme10
Healthyme10

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2015-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri 02 Oct 2015, 7:25 am

Has anyone tried fusion hair tonic with phytofol capsules? I am 3 1/2 months post surgery and am also losing a lot of hair. I am eating lots of protein, so I don't think that is the problem. Many thanks for your advice!
Back to top Go down
mama29

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2014-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue 26 May 2015, 10:02 pm

Hi Ladies, my nutritionist and my hairdresser gave me the exact same low down on hair loss - it is caused by the anaesthesia. It may happen 2 or 3 times, about 3 months apart due to the various stages of hair growth cycle that our bodies go through. You basically cannot predict how bad it will be for a particular person, and nutrition won't stop it happening BUT good nutrition will help promote new growth.

I had lots of hair come out between around 12 and 20 weeks out, but it has stopped, and I have heaps of new growth, which is a pain but also a relief that I won't end up with thinner hair. I'm bracing myself for another round of hair loss, but feel confident that between a nutritious diet and some vitamins/supplements, I'll still get new growth and eventually my hair will be back tours best.
Back to top Go down
juldon1
juldon1

Female
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2014-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue 26 May 2015, 2:56 pm

Well MissyMagic, I have hair everywhere but sticking to my head as well. I have taken to washing my hair once a week to help keep some of it in place LOL,
but, every day when I brush my hair a little more comes out. I'm lucky as I have fairly thick wavy hair so i can lose a bit and with the waves it still makes it
look like i have volume. I'm not going to get it cut short as I feel it would possibly make it look worse so I will just keep on keeping on and hope that I don't
get a bald spot anywhere!

I'm using Elvive Shampoo and Conditioner and hair thinning tonic as well as keeping up the protein and vitamins etc. My hairdresser said it will all
sort itself out in a few months  and not to worry too much about it. Brush lightly :)

I now feel I understand people who own cats and why they are constantly picking hair off their clothes hahaha

Jules
Back to top Go down
MissyMagic

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2015-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue 26 May 2015, 11:29 am

I'm really good with meat, dairy and veggies as my meals and have my vitamins daily but I've also started losing hair. It's everywhere clogging drains, covers my pillow case and drives me crazy. I'm hoping it won't last and I'm ok with it as I'm 20 kgs down from my heaviest weight ever.
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 18 May 2015, 9:01 am

I had no hair loss for first 8 weeks or so, next 3 months it was constant 20 plus strandseach time I brushed my hair, little handfulls in the shower, all over my clothes and furniture as it dropped out through the day as well. Then over the past couple of weeks it just.. stopped. Back to normal.
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 18 May 2015, 12:38 am

FinallyHere, I reckon your nutritionist is right as I had nasal surgery a year before my sleeve surgery and had definite thinning of hair without a change in diet but it did right itself after a while (several months). Funny thing is that after the sleeve surgery I didn't had the same problem occur again. LOL! LUCKY!
Back to top Go down
FinallyHere
FinallyHere

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2015-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun 17 May 2015, 1:50 pm

My nutritionist told me the hair loss is due to the shock our bodies goes through post operation. That the hair loss is a delayed response to the surgery. That there is nothing nutritionally we can do about it. :(
Back to top Go down
missymac
missymac

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2015-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun 17 May 2015, 10:31 am

I lost almost all my hair. I spent months in hospital after complications and the friends who didnt know i had a sleeve confronted me because they thought i was having chemo and didnt tell them. Its coming back curly now!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Jimbob

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2014-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun 25 May 2014, 2:05 pm

Yeah my hair is thinning & dropping out a bit
Back to top Go down
Graceful

Female
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2014-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 05 May 2014, 12:29 pm

Yeah, my hair is falling out by a bucket load every time I brush or wash it (I end up with little furry mates in the drain). I have hair all through the house. 

It's usually really thick but got the hairdresser to really thin it out...regretting that decision now! Haha. From all accounts it won't last forever. Weight loss is totally worth temporarily thin hair, reflux and constipation!
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun 04 May 2014, 10:08 am

I have a little thinning at the sides, as you can see with my piccie. Well, it's a combination of that, along with the greys! It's not too bad though, I've been a demon when it comes to making sure I get in as much protein as I can.
Back to top Go down
Tonibubble

Female
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2013-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun 04 May 2014, 9:39 am

My hair's really thin as well now. I have tiny little new hairs growing all around the edges & because my hair is wavy, they're quite curly & started to stick up in different directions. Sounds beautiful doesn't it!) I think I'll have to face the inevitable & get the rest chopped shorter, something I've really been trying to avoid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun 04 May 2014, 7:56 am

I've got very thin hair now. At least it's getting into beanie weather.
Back to top Go down
veronica simcoe
Part of the furniture
veronica simcoe

Female
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun 04 May 2014, 7:09 am

Ive been losing my hair for 4 months and its only now starting to slow down, don't think any of the supplements helped me very much
Back to top Go down
Changed Mind

Female
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2014-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun 04 May 2014, 6:39 am

I have noticed the last few days i am losing more hair than normal, i am nearly 4 months post op. This is something i have been dreading and just dont know what to do to avoid it. I feel that i am one of the unlucky ones in this journey, is there anything i can do to stop it?
Back to top Go down
gunnaclessame
gunnaclessame

Female
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2014-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014, 12:36 pm

Hi Graceful

Thought this article on Selenium with RDA + naturally occurring sources of Selenium might be helpful ... it is interesting to note that an excess of Selenium can also cause hair loss so it might be wise if we focus on food choices rather than supplementation.

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-high-in-selenium.php
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.com.au/justtopquality
gunnaclessame
gunnaclessame

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014, 2:50 am

Thanks Sway ... yes my sister in law bought two when she was having chemo & radiation treatment for cancer ... her hair is usually dark so she lashed out with a blonder one and a red one ... she looked very nice in them too.  Gave her a real lift to have a new look ... she figured that everyone who knew her was aware she was wearing them so why not flaunt it !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014, 1:27 am

I think hijabs look nice. At my cancer centre some women bought them off eBay. Some are very pretty and flattering and reasonably practical now with winter coming on.
Back to top Go down
gunnaclessame
gunnaclessame

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014, 1:18 am

Oh Swayback ... you certainly have had your share of problems in recent years ... no wonder your poor hair has paid the price of all the stress you have been under.  Good news that your hair has always grown back in nicer than before - and I hope it does again this time.  I guess, in the scheme of things, (hopefully) for what we gain health-wise through the weight loss temporary hair loss it is a small price to pay.

Gracie, thanks for the info on the selenium ... I will look into it further. 

Toni, I know what you mean ... I have lost a lot of hair recently due to stress so I hope I don't lose too much more with the weight loss or I will be shopping for a wig!
Back to top Go down
Graceful

Female
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2014-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014, 12:24 am

Someone in another thread suggested selenium as a solution but to be careful of the amount.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014, 12:23 am

I think it's bodily stress due to surgery, weight loss, anaesthetic etc.

I lost my hair when I had severe pneumonia and almost died, I lost it again when I lost heaps of weight due to cancer (undiagnosed at the time), I lost it again with chemo and I lost it again when I had a severe Neuro relapse (when I say lost...I mean very, very thin) and it's starting to thin again. The good news is...everytime it grew back it grew back thicker and bouncier with more curl. Whereas it started out dead straight and lanky. Hope it grows back thick and bouncy again...I liked that!

My mother lost her hair when she went into kidney/respiratory/heart failure....it's grown back lovely and thick since she's improved.
Back to top Go down
Tonibubble

Female
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2013-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun 13 Apr 2014, 10:58 pm

Thanks for the reply gunnaclessame! I still have a fair way to go before I start looking at tummy tucks, etc, but if I lose another lot of hair, I'll have none left! :)
Back to top Go down
gunnaclessame
gunnaclessame

Female

PostSubject: Hair loss    Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptySun 13 Apr 2014, 3:14 pm

Hi Toni

My dietitian told me it is the rapid weight loss that causes the hair loss and that it can be pretty much avoided if you take your vitamins and choose a very healthy diet post surgery.  Guess it remains to be seen if that is absolutely true or not ... seems there are a lot of people who have experienced the problem after bariatric surgery and I am sure most of them did all the right things too.

If the above is correct, I wouldn't think that cosmetic surgery afterwards would have any more effect on hair growth than any other surgery but perhaps someone who has had this surgery could give us a heads up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hair Loss - HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next