Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello - Completely new to this whole thing.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kerry1969

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-04-04

Hello - Completely new to this whole thing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello - Completely new to this whole thing.   Hello - Completely new to this whole thing. EmptyThu 04 Apr 2013, 8:28 am

Hello - Completely new to this whole thing. 473426
Back to top Go down
gruggy
gruggy

Female
Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2012-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello - Completely new to this whole thing.   Hello - Completely new to this whole thing. EmptyThu 04 Apr 2013, 1:34 am

The financial aspect of surgery can be overwhelming.
I joined a private health insurance before I even had the surgeons appointment so I'll be covered for hospital expenses in January next year. So that's costing me $116 a month, plus I've had to have a dietician and psychologist appointment costing me $300 this month as well as the surgeons at just over $100.
Now I'm saving up for the approx $5000 out of pocket costs at the time of surgery, I've got another 10 months to save that.
Good luck Miss26, there's lots of great info on this forum that should help you and maybe you'll have to try find a way to save money and research and love and take care of yourself in the waiting time.
I've only just come to terms with it myself, I've had a very unsettled few weeks trying to figure it all out.
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello - Completely new to this whole thing.   Hello - Completely new to this whole thing. EmptyWed 03 Apr 2013, 10:44 am

Gday Miss & welcome, you are in the right place to start your journey. Obvioulsy this is going to be a Pro Sleeve site but there is plenty of information & advise. Do your reserch & if you cant find the answers, ask. We are a welcoming & supportive group.

K
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello - Completely new to this whole thing.   Hello - Completely new to this whole thing. EmptyWed 03 Apr 2013, 7:34 am

Hi there Miss,

Welcome aboard.

It is all really daunting at first, you'll get the hang of things pretty quickly though.

Read as much as you can about all the different types of surgeries, and you'll get to know what is right for you. There are even lots of You Tube vids to watch.

As for funding, there are ways - cashing in some of your (or partner's) Super, joining PHI now and waiting the 12 months, getting a medical loan, sometimes if you are on the Pension there are discounts etc etc.

Good luck with all your research.
Tara
Back to top Go down
Miss26

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-04-03

PostSubject: Hello - Completely new to this whole thing.   Hello - Completely new to this whole thing. EmptyWed 03 Apr 2013, 6:10 am

Hi All :)

I was referred to this forum by a friend. I am considering some form of gastric surgery. But the whole concept scares me. I don't have PHI and no idea where to start for this process.

Is there any program around that may be funded? I couldn't afford 10,000 or even a couple of thousand to get it done.

My BMI (just calculated) is 46.2.

I have spent years trying my hardest and the weights not moving, just gaining, but according to tests I am as fit as a fiddle.

So yeah, nervous, scared and don't know what else to do and any advice would be so greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello - Completely new to this whole thing.   Hello - Completely new to this whole thing. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello - Completely new to this whole thing.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: