AuthorMessage
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

2 dates the same? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 dates the same?   2 dates the same? EmptySun 31 Mar 2013, 4:27 am

I'm with smurfette the appointments are the same day not the same time. I'm sure that you will gain some great info from both and yes it is very important to feel confidence with the surgeon you pick rather then just the price or location.

Go with your gut feeling (sorry about the pun) you will also get a ball park idea of when each one can actually do the op the appointments are just the first hurdle I have had to wait 2 months from appointment to surgery. As others pointed out to me its not that long and it is giving me time to absorb the whole process.

Julie Bluebags
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

2 dates the same? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 dates the same?   2 dates the same? EmptySat 30 Mar 2013, 6:26 am

My feeling is I would meet them both and go with the one you feel most confident and relaxed with; you have done your research, you will do more I am sure; if unable to decide from all those things; then take the cost in hand as a final decision making tool.
Back to top Go down
TinTin
TinTin

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-01-30

2 dates the same? Empty
PostSubject: 2 dates the same?   2 dates the same? EmptySat 30 Mar 2013, 6:10 am

wow what a tough predicament.

Im with Dr Roy, who is just lovely, I am very happy with my choice, and like that it is close so that I dont have far to go for appt and the hosp etc. Plus it doesnt take me long to go from appt to work.

I get the financial consideration, that adds a further layer for consideration, because from what you have written I am assuming if they charged the same you would go with Dr Roy.

I guess Im not much help really, other than to say Dr Roy is great.

If you took away the financial thing, what would be your choice?

I changed from my original choice based on what my GP told me, and was really happy to find Dr Roy was 1000's of $$$ cheaper, yet Dr Roy has a much better reputation. Dr Roy and the clinic do a lot of research in this area, which I found of added comfort. i also like the fact that Im reasonably close to Dr Roy's clinic and Norwest hosp, so if there was any issues down the track I would not have far to go.

Although Im a Dr Roy cheerleader, I have heard great things of Dr Jorgenson through this site.
Back to top Go down
Breathless

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2013-03-22

2 dates the same? Empty
PostSubject: 2 dates the same?   2 dates the same? EmptySat 30 Mar 2013, 5:59 am

I have 2 dates, one with Dr Jorgenson but only for an info evening, and one with Dr Roy Brancatisano for an actual appointment. Both appointments are on May 14th 2013!!!! Its like the universe is telling me to wait. I want it done now. I have researched for 2 years and watched a friend get her gastric sleeve, now I want it to hurry up.

Dr Brancatisano is at Norwest closer to my home, but he charges $4900.

Dr Jorgenson at St George a fair way from my home and his out of pocket expenses are $4000.

I have heard good things about both surgeons.

I just dont know how to choose, the one closer and slightly more in dollars or the one further away. With the appointment with Dr Brancatisano I am more likely of getting a surgery date soon.

Does anyone have any comments. I know money shouldnt be important, but I left an abusive husband and now live on a very low wage, but I had some money put aside for an overseas holiday but decided my health is worth more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2 dates the same? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 dates the same?   2 dates the same? Empty

Back to top Go down

2 dates the same?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: I've got my sleeve date!-
Jump to: